NEW!!ROM UPGRADE version 1.6.0.08 SmartPhone available

Guest virgil

Guest Drug_Store

Of course. I made updates many times. And if u had read my post carefully, u would see that I mencioned that I used many different ROM´s. So of course I run from Canary screen.

Thanks

Guest Rue Mei Booc
@virgil

Have you tried the upgrade?

I have tried that already. And it works pretty well for me. The Smart Secure is amazing, so are the other stuffs--dont know exactly whether or not the upgrade can make my sim unlock. I have been trying to get through the unlocking thing from its unlock program. I have been waiting too long but it doesnt work. Anyone can help me?

Guest aldousbee

;) mga tol...

I was told that the SAP 1.6 ROM is out na daw ( I know mejo late na ako sa balita) I decided na tignan ang mga posts dito tungkol dun sa bagong ROM.

It turns out mejo hindi maganda ang mga narining kong reactions, so i decided not to upgrade muna.

I also read the posts na maganda yung Qtek ROM. so nag dl ako... hindi pa cya tapos ngayon ... 10 megs on dial up....

I just wanted to ask if possible ba ang 1.5 Qtek ROM na iupdate sa SAP na 1.5.0.28 Bootloader 1.04 . o should I go to BL .98 then 1.3.7 ROM first before updating?

Ok lang naman ako kahit sim locked ang phone sa Smart- at least for now

thanks! :D

Guest aldousbee

Arggghhh....

I dont have the equipments to do that yet.... (usb card reader)

antayin ko na lang kung kelan mag downgrade ng BL ang mga tao dito... makikisabay na lang ako :wink: kanino ba pwedeng makisabay?

Of course. I made updates many times. And if u had read my post carefully, u would see that I mencioned that I used many different ROM´s. So of course I run from Canary screen.

Thanks

@Drug_store

have tried upgrading to 1.6 from sap 1.5?

@anja

welcome to modaco.

Smart already removed that ROM version from their website. and i am not aware of any other site offering it as download. but maybe somebody here does. i do have the upgrade in my PC and if your mailbox could handle an 11 mb file, i gladly email it to you. just pm me.

Well, the smart 1.6 ROM is gone from my phone and so's the life of my phone.

Guest Drug_Store
@anja

welcome to MoDaCo.

Smart already removed that ROM version from their website. and i am not aware of any other site offering it as download. but maybe somebody here does. i do have the upgrade in my PC and if your mailbox could handle an 11 mb file, i gladly email it to you. just pm me.

Well, the smart 1.6 ROM is gone from my phone and so's the life of my phone.

Hi, please send it to me. My email can handle it.

please send to [email protected]

Many thanks

PS: Yes I looked everywhere but this 1.5 version is very hard to find.

Guest sweetyls

weird... i turned off my phone, then when i turned it on again, everything's reset! the ipsm's saved, pero everything else like the profiles, homescreen, etc... back to default! what's up with this rom?

Guest runab0ut

sweetstyles,

please give me(us) a feedback on the usage ng phone ha? what do you notice, performance wise or usage or somthing for a week or two.

thanks ;)

it seems that the battery life is longer. i still have not charged it since saturday afternoon --used it whole day sunday till today 2 bars pa rin sya...parang ok na yung batt life.

i think i've figured how to succesfully remove the 1.6 ROM without phone dying. but i don't think i should post it here too like florin_m said, it's not secure.

by the way, i've got a new SAP courtesy of smart, i turned my unit in for repair and they gave me a new one as a replacement unit until my old SAP gets fixed. it has 1.50 ROM. am thinking of not giving this back to smart anymore... hehehe... they could keep my old phone.

@drug store

try changing the bootloader of the phone you are upgrading first.

@ randy

mabait yugn CSR sa smart galleria eh.

fyi, she said the Smart Amazing Phone 2 is coming out in November and i know someone who already had a go at it from Smart, said it's great

Guest sweetyls

there's not much improvement software-wise with the new rom. in fact, was expecting a "delete all" function at the inbox menu, but there was none. the additional program was the amazing explorer. it's like a more organized smart menu/stk service that's wap-based. i was able to disable my voice mail (!) without having to talk to CSRs, so i suppose that's a good thing. battery life's definitely longer. but i can't say pa how much longer exactly. kasi nagteleSPAMd ako kanina.

earlier today pala, i reset (yun pa rin ba past tense nun?) my phone tapos na-reset lahat ng settings. ipsm's still there, with all my documents and programs, but the phone settings (such as profile, date/time, homescreen) were all set back to their default settings. and though all my programs were still there, the "remove programs" window is blank! don't know if it's something i did, pero that's what happened. probly my fault.

yun lang. be updating you again in a few days...