Synching questions

Guest HardCharger

Guest HardCharger

Hi All!

I'm sharing a PC with my brother and since we each have an SPV 100, how can we synch our units on our one PC?

So far, I can only synch mine. I can only have him as a "guest" for synch and can only move sound files to his unit.

Any help is appreciated as he needs to update his OS and back up his stuff.

I lost all my messages and mms when I upgraded my OS. Is there any way to save these to prevent it from happening again? It a real bummer.

Thanks in advance.

Guest awarner [MVP]

Welcome to the site :)

Unplug the phone that is guest and plug it back in again, you should be able to create a new Partnership, just give the partnership a different name to the other phone and you will be fine.

You can try SMS2Mail from www.monolithix.org to save your SMS

it converts them to email and then you can sync with Outlook.

• 1 month later...
Guest HardCharger

Hello again!

I was finally able to synch my brother's unit to back up his files and give him a few new sound files. (Thanks awarner! :lol: )

Now here's the thing, when we synched, his unit now also has my contacts and outlook registers his contacts together with mine as well. :shock:

I figure that I will get all this info when I synch my unit again later. #-o

Is there a way to also make a separate account like on Palm Desktop wherein specific data will only go to specific users? :-k That way we will not have all our data mixed and matched between our units. :?

Again, your input is greatly appreciated. :D

Guest JoelRae

I think you can do it by setting up different mail profiles - I have two set up, one that connects to my college e-mail account and one that is offline. When I'm not connected to the internet (dial-up sucks :roll:) I just sync with the offline account. Each time I put my phone in the cradle, it asks which profile to sync with 8)

Joel