NEW! Smart Phone w/ new ROM version 1.7.0.13

Guest virgil

Guest sweetyls

everything's fine except for the battery life. smart said the new rom increases the batt life 20-30%? i don't think so. it's been draining my battery like a leak in the faucet. it has drained 80% in 20hours, and that's mostly on standby mode. mas ok pa 1.6, battery-wise. but if that's not ur concern, ok na 1.7. :lol:

@rodnav

kwento mo naman batt life ng sap mo, para may "other side".

so far, the battery life on my smart seems similar to the imate/qtek ROMs, and smart's 1.6 ROM. will have to verify this. it drained 53% for 14 hours, some calls, lots of texts, even did gprs, in other words, normal usage, about the same with how the other ROM's performed for me.

It's the SMS handling that i'm worried about. they've fixed the no alert bug, but they may have compromised on this as the phone seems to hang more often when receiving messages. well, we'll see...

hey another thing i've noticed... the t9 works great!! even when i reboot the phone, the words previously saved there are still there, even without saving them on a draft and opening that again. this is similar to how the SPV E200 handles T9!

@smart, great job on the t9, this beats how nokia and SE handles unrecognized words.

Guest sweetyls

ei, right! forgot to mention that. my phone hangs more often even when i'm only opening my inbox to compose or read old read messages (not just when receiving).

random thought: astig, read is spelled the same way whether used as a verb or an adjective! :lol:

random thought: astig, read is spelled the same way whether used as a verb or an adjective! :lol:

hmmm, if i remember my elementary english correctly, the way you used read as an adjective is called the past participle form... (past tense of a verb used as an adjective)... tagal na since i've thought of that term.

oh well, tulog na tayo...

to those thinking of using this ROM and are still stuck on 1.06, i suggest you upgrade to it as you'll gain more, but if you really need the battery life, i suggest you wait a bit more... di pa siya proven, worse or better than the previous ROMs...

Guest sweetyls

@rodnav

yup. past participle nga siya. elementary english? so that's like what? 20 years ago? haha.

@*

i agree with rodnav. if you're like bragol who brings his *special* charger all the time, upgrading would be beneficial as you won't have a problem with the battery life anyway. but if you're doing field work most of the time, para safe lang, hang on to your current rom. at least till the next *brave* soul tries on the 1.7 rom and settle the score.

Guest techsupp1001

my girlfriend's SAP has the new bootloader pero her phones' battery life has not improved. katulad pa rin ng dati yung standby time niya nag-iba lang yung speed madyo bumilis ng konti yung phone pero wala pa ring delete all sms menu sa folder view ng pocket outlook. maganda pa rin ang I-Mate para sa akin :lol:

off topic, gumagana ba yung speaker phone ng SAP? hindi ko kasi ma-set yung sa akin eh. me iba pa bang configuration bukod dun sa profiles na kailangan i-set para gumana yon?

techsupp1001,

just to resolve your off topic query,you must press and hold down the call(green)button during a call, to activate the speakerphone feature. "no can do" with the speakerphone profile 'til you're on it.hope this helps. :lol:

I think the battery life of 1.6 is better than this new rom at laging negrerestart kapag naglalaro ako ng games. May nag downgrade na ba nito using the 1.6 procedure? Check ko lang kasi if the battery and restart problems keeps on bugging me, I might transfer to Qtek again.

FINALLY! My wav files can be read by the device, I removed it from a folder and saved it directly under storage card.

I noticed also an improved speed even without speed menu/speed boost. SMS alert even with unread messsages, delete all sms function, added menu to set number as default or send sms directly from contacts. Did not notice yet improved performance of battery, and i dont have much use of the MSN Messenger. 

My storage will be freed by more space when I remove third party applications.

I hope the next upgrade will include the functions of sms toolbox and an exit from stk service. 

To virgil and spv, please extend my thanks to SMART. This upgrade is not bad. ;) 

Pakisabi din na sana libre SAP2 para sa existing SAP users. :lol:

over nanaman yun libre sap2...hehehe

Guest bluetooth

satisfied with the new 1.7. pero na observe ko nga yun batt life, parang mas mabilis mag drain compared to 1.6. parang qtek consumption siya.

anyway, how come there is always an icon (the shape of a person's head and a telephone sign) on the upper right most of the screen whenever accessing the programs menu? is this normal?

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
anyway, how come there is always an icon (the shape of a person's head and a telephone sign) on the upper right most of the screen whenever accessing the programs menu? is this normal?

baka IA Caller ID Icon.

software upgrading of SAP to 1.7.0.13 is now available in all smart wireless centers nationwide. this service if for FREE.

also, watch out for the launching of the SAP users club to be spearheaded by smart. be one of the SAP resource person if you think you have the skills and the talent. for those interested, you may post your private message to me. see ya and thaks to all!!!

Guest dinoalbert
software upgrading of SAP to 1.7.0.13 is now available in all smart wireless centers nationwide. this service if for FREE.

also, watch out for the launching of the SAP users club to be spearheaded by smart. be one of the SAP resource person if you think you have the skills and the talent. for those interested, you may post your private message to me. see ya and thaks to all!!!

Welcome to Modaco.

Are you from Smart? Thank for the info. In fact a lot of Modaco members here have already flashed the rom to their unit all by themselves, just by downloading the file...no need to go to Smart :lol:

Please do keep us posted of any news from Smart

Guest ppcsurfr

And can you explain more about the goals, visions of the SAP users club?

Mabuhay!!!

Carlo

well i try to upgrade my phone to ver 1.7 and it went dead so i bought it to brightpoint wala pa daw sila ver 1.7 kaya 1.6 inilagay nila sa phone ko sa SMART wireless center daw ako magpa upgrade :roll:

@nbjune

but would that work? if i still have my 1.6, pwede ko kayang idowngrade ng ganun lang?

whooaa!! i got 1.6 ver upgrded to 1.7.

then tried installing 1.6 again it worked---they share the same ROM image.

also tried downgrading 1.7 to 1.3X using sir MAr's procedure--it also worked (changing NK.nbf file header via winhex)--kaya lang matagal mag boot on your first try---

hindi sya mahirap i-downgrade (like the 1.6).

fyi laang....