NEW! Smart Phone w/ new ROM version 1.7.0.13

Guest virgil

Guest neilgoth1974

Hi!

I'm quite new here guys. Quick Question lang po, I had my SAP upgraded at Smart Wireless last Sunday and when I checked the Bootloader version, why does it say 1.9? Di ba the new upgrade is version 1.7? Yung ROM version ko is 1.7.13.0 not 1.7.0.13 as per Smart's site.

Does anyone here have the same version as mine? Hope you could post what differences this ROM upgrade has over the version 1.7?

Salamats and Merry X'Mas!!!

Guest howitzer_89

guys... need help... d ba smart 1.7 can read wavs in the storage card.... this includes the one in the contacts' custom ring tone as i have read in some threads... but in my SAP, in can do in the settings but not in the contact custom ring tone.. what gives?

@howitzer

for custom ring tones in Contacts, wav tones should be saved under IPSMApplication DataSounds folder--otherwise it would not locate particular sound you would want to personalize.

fyi

Guest howitzer_89

...it can be done in the other ROMS virgil... kya lang maghang ang SAP mo pag nagchange ka ng settings using the folder "Settings -> Sounds".. the procedures is as follows: run PHM RegEdit... HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Control Panel -> SoundCategories -> Incall = change value of Directory from Windows to -> Storage Card(path to wherever ur tones are located) kya if u use this, thru PHM RegEdit ka na lang magchange ng sound settings... :?

... if u try and view this thing in ROM smart 1.7... the setting is already as above... but still its not there? :x

Guest SmartGuy

Hi Guys,

Since I just got my new phone from Smart, I am now going to be active here again. hehe.

Anyway...even though I got my phone just dec. 12, it has version 1.6.08 with BL 1.09.

I am planning to upgrade to the 1.7 probably this coming week. So my question is, the only downside of the 1.7 is the battery is draining much faster? And you are also saying that this battery drain is almost the same as the QTEK rom? So...in terms of battery use, the Smart 1.6 is better? But with less functionality or probably more bugs?

Thanks for the reply and for pointing me to the right direction.

PS. Do you guys know where I can download a working copy of the 1.6 rom of Smart? If in case I need to get back to it if the 1.7 does not fit my needs.

Guest Jassper23

:roll: Hello... last december 27 pina palit ko keypad ko sa bright point... then sabi nila update narin nila ang rom... pumayag naman ako then after 1 hour nakuwa ko sap ko then tinignan ko kung na sim lock nga for some reason naman di siya na lock hehehehe...parang noon nag update ako ng 1.5 smart di rin na sim lock, ano kaya bakit di na sim lock SAP ko? na try ko naring mag update ng rom sa orange 1.6,imate 1.5 and qtek okay naman pag yun ang rom na gamit ko....pero pag ako ang nag update sa smart 1.5,1.6 and 1.7 ayaw talaga...ano ba and ginagawa ng wireless center and ng bright point para ma update nila and sap? meron ba silang special na silang software or device? :shock:

Guest SmartGuy
:roll: Hello... last december 27 pina palit ko keypad ko sa bright point... then sabi nila update narin nila ang rom... pumayag naman ako then after 1 hour nakuwa ko sap ko then tinignan ko kung na http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3976>SIM Lock nga for some reason naman di siya na lock hehehehe...parang noon nag update ako ng 1.5 smart di rin na http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3976>SIM Lock, ano kaya bakit di na http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3976>SIM Lock SAP ko? na try ko naring mag update ng rom sa orange 1.6,imate 1.5 and qtek okay naman pag yun ang rom na gamit ko....pero pag ako ang nag update sa smart 1.5,1.6 and 1.7 ayaw talaga...ano ba and ginagawa ng wireless center and ng bright point para ma update nila and sap? meron ba silang special na silang software or device?

ei...Happy New Year!

malamang meron sila special software and equipment. being the ONLY authorized service center ng Smart amazing phone.

Guest Jassper23

oo nga and nag tataka pa ko kasi me mga sap na di hard update ang software.. meron naman softawre madaling update ... do you think na nasa software nila yun or nasa phone na ang problem?

By the way okay naman pala ang 1.7.13.0 medyo matagal battery life and pinaka okay sa mga last smart update :)

Can someone tell me what I should be looking at:

WHICH is the ROM version I have - About reads as follows

ROM update versions:

Operator: 1.1.6.0

Manufacturer: 1.1.6.0

Microsoft: 3.0.12255.0

Language: 1.1.6.0

File System: 1.1.6.0

Will I benefit from an upgrade??

Can I upgrade?

tia

George

Guest Jassper23
Can someone tell me what I should be looking at:

WHICH is the ROM version I have - About reads as follows

ROM update versions:

Operator: 1.1.6.0

Manufacturer: 1.1.6.0

Microsoft: 3.0.12255.0

Language: 1.1.6.0

File System: 1.1.6.0

Will I benefit from an upgrade??

Can I upgrade?

tia

George

Bakit 1.1.6.0 lang yan hehehe saan galing sap mo?

Pinaka okay lang sa upgrade ng rom is tumatagal ng atlease 2 days battery life .. ewan lang sa version mo pero sa 1.3.7 ng smart 1 day lang battery recharge nanaman :-P

Can you post so that I can understand what you are saying please.

Also, another poster told me that this version you cannot unlock your phone. It took me some time to unlock it, if this is going to be reversed then I would not install it. Anyone comment??

thanks

Guest Jassper23
Can you post so that I can understand what you are saying please.

Also, another poster told me that this version you cannot unlock your phone. It took me some time to unlock it, if this is going to be reversed then I would not install it. Anyone comment??

thanks

What I'm referring to is the ROM version of your SAP is only 1.1.6.0.. I'm asking where did you get it? ...since the is usual ROM version in this country(philippines) is only 1.3 and higher version.

If you want to check the benifits you can visit.http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php...?t=96831&start=

Jassper

mmm, I am in the UK, and I have had this smartphone second-hand - or even third-hand from a friend of a friend. I cracked it using various posts in modaco so that I could use Vodaphone so I tend to have avoided Orange and my phone support people (since they dont support it).

So is my ROM version a problem? It would seem wise to upgrade, reading the benefits, BUT will the phone still be cracked?

Can I reverse the process and return back to my old ROM version if all fails???

Thanks

Guest Jassper23
Jassper

mmm, I am in the UK, and I have had this smartphone second-hand - or even third-hand from a friend of a friend. I cracked it using various posts in MoDaCo so that I could use Vodaphone so I tend to have avoided Orange and my phone support people (since they dont support it).

So is my ROM version a problem? It would seem wise to upgrade, reading the benefits, BUT will the phone still be cracked?

Can I reverse the process and return back to my old ROM version if all fails???

Thanks

If you are not using smart sim or not on smart network... it's not advisable to update to smart rom 1.7 since that will sim lock your phone... you can try qtek or imate rom.

Guest chrisbuenaventura

Rodnav,

pa send naman ng procedure on how-to downgrade from ROM 1.7 to 1.35. I'm one of those ppl who upgrade sa 1.7 pero na lock yung phone ko.

Thanks,

Chris :)

aren't the features the same as with rom 1.6?  

@virgil

OT

: i'm applying sa smart. hope i get the job :)

HI

HEOM EHRE CAN I DOW'D THE ROM 1.6 (I AM ONT FROM UK/USA AND I HAVE AN ERROR MESS WHEN I TRIED TO INSTAL ROM DOWN'D FROM THERE

Guest virgil
...it can be done in the other ROMS virgil... kya lang maghang ang SAP mo pag nagchange ka ng settings using the folder "Settings -> Sounds"..  the procedures is as follows: run PHM RegEdit... HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Control Panel -> SoundCategories -> Incall = change value of Directory from Windows to -> Storage Card(path to wherever ur tones are located) kya if u use this, thru PHM RegEdit ka na lang magchange ng sound settings...  :?  

... if u try and view this thing in ROM smart 1.7... the setting is already as above... but still its not there?  :x

well the tweak may not be right--sometimes it works---maybe you could Pzee, dino,paul or someone expert in using Regedit---di ko syadong gamay yung PHMregedit...natatakot kasi ako gamitin yun e.. i once changed some of the registry and nagloko yung SAP ko --i end up doing a hard reset--tsktsktsk...

guys pa tsek nga ito...already sold My SAP with 1.7 ROM e.

• 3 months later...
Guest katan

@aldrinbot

install active sync on your PC. set up a partnership. you can synchronize your contacts, tasks, e-mail inbox with outlook. the CD that came in with the phone has Active Sync and Outlook in it. once Active sync is installed, you can see Mobile device in My Computer. double click it when your phone is connected to your PC via the USB cable that came with your phone and your can see the folders inside your phone. don't mess up with the folders. you can put your files on IPSMMy Documents folder. (pics, mp3, wav). later on pag sanay ka na, you can organize your folders. one advice though, its better if you have an SD/MMC card so you can store your files there. your phone must at least have 3MB space para di bumagal. you can search here for apps you can use, you can also check out www.airfagev.com, dami ka din matututunan dun! check mo din "how to" repository or sa TAMBAYAN. madami ka malalaman dito!

good luck!

• 4 months later...

Does the SPV Sim Unlock program work on this new ROM?

I have an SAP that I am using in Canada. It has been succesfully unlocked once, does this mean I will be able to unlock it again?

Is this new ROM decertified?