One stop phone shop will NOT beat any orange deal

Guest djtags

I thought i would order an SPV E200 from One Stop Phone Shop, and seeing as those annoying stamps appear all over your screen when you visit thier site, i thought i would take them up on thier offer. They claim they will beat any orange deal til it hurts!!!! by £10.00!!! That's a nice offer, but when i put them to the test, it isnt the case. I asked them to give me the same deal that i could get from www.fones4free.com which was a SPV E200 on your plan 200 tariff. www.fones4free.com offer it for free and one stop phone shop offer it at £34.99 on your plan 200. After being treated as if i was thick "Thats a different tariff" and "thats not the same phone", they eventually told me i could have it for £24.99 and played ignorant when i mentioned the "beat any orange deal til it hurts". Anyway, the conversation was left with them calling me back. That was thursday and still no call back.

I should have learnt my lesson really, because i bout the original SPV from them in February this year with the offer of a free in car charger, which they tell me was not available.

Anybody else had an experience like this??

Guest Terrapin

I asked them to price-match with fones4free (a free e200 on your plan 200) and they called up fones4free to check stock only to find that the number given on the website doesn't actually put you through to fones4free. onestopphoneshop also said that they couldn't get through to an operator or anything at that number so couldn't check stock. the onestopphoneshop operator then said "well i've just checked with the director and he says it's fine, we'll price match for you".

voila - my e200 arrived 2 days ago and i haven't paid a penny.

though when i called up to register the phone i did find that onestopphoneshop had failed to put on any of the special offers or world access pack etc. etc. orange quickly sorted that out and im busy going through my free 3mb, 2000 texts and 150 picture messages.

must remember to cancel that insurance after the free period runs out...

Guest awarner [MVP]
must remember to cancel that insurance after the free period runs out...

Are you refering to Orange care?

If so you have agreed to a years contract for care.

I really should abuse Care more. My phone is pretty much mashed, but I'm coming to the end of my contract and I'd feel guilty about using it now, lol (still works ok, just scratched to hell).

One of my mates got through 18 phones in a year - T68s aren't hardy beasts..

I have also called fones4free to see if thier offer was genuine (i didn't want to look stupid when calling one stop phone shop), and I got throught the first time on the number on the web site. They said they had stock, but unless i ordered it from them i couldn't be 100% sure.

Good on you for getting a phone out of them and getting the price matched. They were bitter about though, hence the messing around you had upon receipt.

Cheers

Guest MARKUKCOUK
i bought the spv e200 from onestop... iv stil not got my handsfree car kit, and they dont reply to emails either!!

mine came with the phone.

you can have mine if you like, except its the biggest pile of absolute crap ive ever had the misfortune to see.

its totally worthless - really its just junk that youll put straight in the bin. i wouldnt worry

Guest MARKUKCOUK

theres principle, but then theres choosin whether to have to bother to chuck it away, or just let them keep it!

honestly, it really is that bad, and no - you cant just use the phone holder like i wanted too - thats crap too!