Guest AdrianFRST

Guest AdrianFRST

[36]ppc2003.jpg

File Name :: Pocket PC 2003 Bliss Style

Author :: AdrianFRST

Category :: Computer

Description ::

Screenshots

(note text visibility is better on the phone than in these screen grabs)

ppc2003_cap.jpgppc2003_cap2.jpg

ppc2003_cap3.jpgppc2003_cap4.jpg

(Sunflower backdrop by McDeb)

Features

6 backdrops included. You'll need a colour scheme with white text to be readable on some.

Comments

I dislike homescreens that try to make the phone look like what it's not, odd graphics and pixel fonts etc.

I saw Randy Nivales / DarXkin's PPC theme, which looked good, but I disliked the complexity and the backdrop, which proved tricky to change, so I set about creating my own one.

There are a few shortcomings, like how the icons have to be on the backdrop but it works ok. I'd have liked to add owner info, but I ran out of space. The message icon overlaps the Windows logo but it looks wrong without it.

Big thanks to DarXkin for his screen, which taught me a lot and gave me the inspiration. :lol:

Installation

Unzip and copy all the files into:

(Canary, Tanager) IPSMApplication DataHome

(Voyager) StorageApplication DataHome

Updated Mon, Jan 10 2005 10:27 pm

View File

Guest midnight
I dislike homescreens that try to make the phone look like what it's not, odd graphics and pixel fonts etc. 

oh, you mean like making a phone look like a pocket pc :lol:

Guest dwlewisii

Hello:

when I copied these over I get: no home screen layout can be found.Is there something wrong with my phone, or is there something with the /xml?

Thanks

...this is my default homescreen from now on, i like it alot! to bad that i cant decertify my e200 because i would like to have the smartbatt-plugin with that layout but it wont run on my phone :-(...

cheers, lutz

Hello:

when I copied these over I get: no http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>home screen layout can be found.Is there something wrong with my phone, or is there something with the /xml?

Thanks

I had that, I think it's because the pointer to the bgimage is in WM2003 format and you've got a SPV / e100. I've commented/deleted this line at the near top

<!--	<background bgimage="StorageApplication DataHomePPC2003 XP Bliss.jpg" valign="bottom"/> -->

then selected the background manually.

I love this skin :lol: :D

Guest midnight

i do beleive that if you use "IPSMApplication DataHome" then it will work in both sp2k2 and wm2k3, all my skins seem to work on both so far at least :lol:

Very nice theme. I´ve been using nothing but DarXkins PPC theme on both my Spv and E200, but this is changing from today.. :lol:

Best of all, this is totally compatible with sp2003, the shortcuts work and it has a 24hour clock for us Eurotrashers... :D

thanks dude.

..ps. owner info would definately have been nice.., hows about putting it below the profile`?...

@AdrianFRST,

tnx for the comment. im actually about to create a simple PPC skin where users can change backdrop. good thing i browsed this section. :lol:

i liked what you did. simple and clean. i'll download it.

tnx

~randy (aka DarXkin)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest girlpantz

Thanks for the SP2002 XML there! Love it! One question though - if I want to change the Unread Email part to Unread MMS, I had a go at changing the XML (hope you don't mind?) but I can't get a figure to appear, just the 2 open/closed brackets.... any advice?

Guest grossygrossy

Hi,

This is a sweet skin!

Edit 1: After I installed it, I had to set up a new Partnership. Also, my profiles were defaulted and my Remove Programs folder is now empty.

All my settings appear to have defaulted :cry:

Any idea why this has happened?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, REALLY LOVE this screen a lot..but somehow my smartphone seems to overwrite the date and time:

e.g.

17 january 2004

time: 14.00

the time and the year overwrites each other on my screen.

Please help me out?

me got the SPV e200

quick question: I had installed the darXkins OSx skin, now I have moved to PPC2003 bliss, but on start up and shut down I still have the OSX images. Any Idea on how to remove them?!?

another question... I have installed the ppc2003 on my motorola mpx200, but when I get a message, the message icons is displayed over the start logo. any suggestion?!? maybe it's the background size that's wrong?!? forgive me if I write something stupid... I am not an expert...

Guest AdrianFRST

Ah yes, the message icon problem, don't worry you're not doing anything wrong. It's the positioning of the logo. On the Pocket PC it has the Windows logo in the top left corner of the iconbar, on the SPV the new message icon is there. It's one or the other unfortunately.

You can edit ppc2003_iconbar_bg.jpg to remove the windows logo but it makes the iconbar look a bit plain.

last question... I hope! on the mpx 200 the date and the time cover each other, I think for a matter of screen size once again. I can't write html.

how can I move the hour to a lower line?!? thank you very much for your support!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.