Windowsmobile powertoys

Guest Shuflie

Guest Shuflie

Just noticed over at coolsmartphone that microsoft have released a new set of powertoys for windows mobile. The package can be downloaded from here.

They include an updated active sync remote control that can control your phone over activesync without installing anything on it.

Control keys are (from coolsmartphone)

F1 - Left action button

F2 - Right Action Button

Enter - Middle Action button

Arrow keys - Joystick

F6 - Earpiece up

F7 - Earpiece down

F8 - Star (*) key

F9 - Hash (#) key (AKA "Gate" or "Pound" key)

Esc - Back

and additional from working it out.

F3 - Call

F4 - Hang up?

Windows Key - Home

Number keys along the top of the keyboard- number keys (Doh!)

And the really cool thing, when entering text just use the keyboard as normal (not not a new feature but worth pointing out).

Shortcut keys work too. Nice to have Fonix Voice dial installed and set up to a shortcut, not so sure about being able to hang up after a call though, will need to play about with it for a bit to find out more.

Guest Shuflie

F4 does hang up but I think I may have confused my MPx200 initally by making a call with the flip closed. It didn't really like it that much and I couldn't hang up with either F4 or the normal phone key, seems fine with the screen open though.

Only to say that it does appear to install a file "cerdisp2" - or simialr -onto the phone (icon comes up in top right hand corner of phone as well).

Do I have my locale settings wrong but can someone tell me how to type @ via the remote display?

Guest Shuflie

Try shift 2. One thing though, if your are using the keyboard to compose emails make sure to disconnect from activesync before sending, if you try to send on the passthrough connection it will fail.

Guest mike-oh
Only to say that it does appear to install a file "cerdisp2" - or simialr -onto the phone (icon comes up in top right hand corner of phone as well).

Do I have my locale settings wrong but can someone tell me how to type @ via the remote display?

The cerdisp2 rings a bell..... i think this may be old news folks. I've been using this for a while now.

Can't remember where i got it from but you can rest assured it was on here somewhere.

Guest Shuflie

The orignal was cerdisp not cerdisp2. It required you to install a client on your SPV, run the client and select connect on a control screen not designed for Smartphone (i.e. you couldn't see everything). This updated version does everything for you, kind of plug and play. The process couldn't be killed properly, this one can with Binarys SP taskmanager running the remote software starts it up again without any visible side effects (i.e. only one icon appears on the taskbar).

I never tried out dialing from the original so I can't say for sure whether it worked or not but the updated version certainly does. Don't know if the original supports WM2003, it probably does but if someone has an E200 and the old remote software could you test it and see.

One downside to it is the fact that you still need an app-unlocked phone to use the updated version, although its hardly surprising given that its aimed at developers. That and the fact that using the software on an MPx200 with the flip closed can confuse matters. Final downside that I can see is that you can't seem to turn on the handsfree speaker using the computer, would have been kind of cool to be able to us it as a speaker phone without having to touch the phone at all.

Guest Shuflie

:oops: Did a more thorough search and sure enough it did come up (honestly I did look for it before posting). Haven't spotted anyone else come up with the F3&F4 keys for call and hang-up though :lol:

it is old news, ive had the power toys at least 2 months :lol:

Indeed, we reported this news on the 7th, the same as coolsmartphone but i have been using these tools for months as well as a result of a tip off from Midnight, its just a coincidence i guess that both news sites decided to post it on the same day, we'd have posted it earlier if we existed!