Futurama 1.2

Guest blade001

Guest Jaycos
you run the exe program on your PC and it uses the activesync link to install the cab files on your phone.

Sure, that's what i tried to do.

But wether i try it on my Notebook with ActiveSync via Bluetooth or with my PC with ActiveSync via USB, I always get the attached error message. :D

post-113543-1109845404_thumb.jpg

Guest thehood
New installer is corrupt.  Where can I download the old one?

If anyone has a workng copy of the installer please post it =)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'm glad it's not just me then.

Guest hal9k
i'm glad it's not just me then.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm having the same problem. The installer ".exe" seems to be truncated. I even sent a private message to blade, telling he about the problem, but I had no answer... :D

Guest hal9k
has nobody got a good installer they can post? i really want this theme.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I managed to download the Futurama 1.2 installer from e mule. Since we have no reply from blade001 and the file has not been fixed yet, I have it shared on both e mule and Bit Torrent. The links are:

Link Bit Torrent

Link e mule (remove the leading "http://")

P.S.: Blade001, if you fix the file on Modaco download area, please let me know, so I can stop sharing and let the download from the "official" site :D

Edited by hal9k

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Brandonjg

I tried downloading this skin installer several times. Each time, I cannot run the file that is downloaded

Futurama_v_1.2_Installer.exe 786KB

When I run it from the PC, it shows the following error message:

Installer corrupted or incomplete.

This could be the result of a failed download or corruption from a virus.

If desperate, try the /NCRC command switch (NOT recommended)

Now Im not so desperate to try something that may screw up my new phone so I havent tried the /NCRC switch. Amy I doing something wrong here? I've tried running the executable on the device and get nothing at all that way. I've also tried downloading with both IE & Firefox through 2 different proxies so I dont think my download was really corrupted. Could the file hosted on the server be bad?

EDIT: Okay Im a little slow today. I didnt notice the extra pages of replies when I posted this. Glad to see im not the only one having this issue! :D

Thanks for the Bittorrent link hal9k

Edited by Brandonjg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest hal9k

BLaDe001 has updated the download area with a working version of the "Futurama 1.2 skin installer" file. Since it can be now downloaded without problems I'll stop to share it.

Thanks BLaDe001, for the great skin.

Guest blade001

Sorry guys, I have been quite busy for sometime with my uni work and stuff. So I didn't really have much time to look at the forum at all. I have posted a new installer which should fix all the problems about the installer. Now about the permission bit, you still cannot install this skin to any device which hasn't been software unlocked. Reason is this skin is not digitally signed as I cannot effort to buy licence to sign my software and skin files. Hope you guys like the skin and about the family guy, I thought I have posted the skin and so I have deleted most files of my PC. But I think I still have a copy somewhere on a DVD. I will lookup for it. Thanks for your support.

Guest hal9k

Just in case any body else (in addition to me) talking spanish around here, I modified some of the Futurama 1.2 screens trnaslating the text to spanish.

BLaDe001, I hope this is ok. If there is any problem, just tell me and I'll remove the attachments.

post-112194-1113651980_thumb.gif

post-112194-1113652001_thumb.gif

post-112194-1113652040_thumb.gif

post-112194-1113652071_thumb.gif

post-112194-1113652100_thumb.gif

post-112194-1113652129_thumb.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Bargeman

Hello, This Theme looks great... I am having a problem installing the non orange version... Verizon I600 running 2003. The install process starts then on the phone it tells me the install failed because it does not have the authorized permissions...

Is there a way around this... I really want this theme....

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks.

Guest oldfats
Sorry its not the skin directory, you need to check the original media player directory.

I am using "HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftWindows Media Player 8"

But it might be like this on your Phone "HKLM,SoftwareMicrosoftWindows Media Player"

It's probably media player instead of media player 8.

You need a registry editing program to look into the phone's registry. Read the forum and then make any chages to your registry. If you do not know or not sure about  what you are doing then please do not make any chages to your registry, just check the values and let me know and I will send you a update fixed version of the skin.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"HKLM,Software,Microsoft,Windows Media Player,Parameters,DefaultPortraitSkin,=\Windows\default.skn"

CHANGE to "HKLM,Software,Microsoft,Windows Media Player,Parameters,DefaultPortraitSkin,=\Storage\Program Files\Futurama\WMP_Skin\wmplayer.skn" and meida player seems okey. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Maquina

Strange, but your theme totally fubared my phone. When changing theme one of your screens would not change. No matter what I did, I could not get rid of that one screen. It was the contact screen when making phone calls. So I uninstalled the theme from remove apps in settings. After this I could no longer take or make calls and the right soft key would not work either. I tried rebooting the phone but this didn't work. I decided to do a hard reset but could not get into the reset screen. Soooo....I reinstalled your theme and removed it again from the remove app menu and now my phonbe works fine again. Weird I know but scarry!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest extravagant
[192]Futurama_v_1.2.gif</a>

File Name :: Futurama 1.2

Author :: blade001

Category :: TV / Movies

Description ::

Futurama v-1.2

Finally I have managed to finish the skin (well for now anyways). It has 11 customized skins like the previous version. The Home screen layout has been changed and added some more plug-ins to it. Graphics has been improved. Some colour has been changed in the scheme, so now you can see the appointment and tick boxes in pocket outlook. Also I have added start-up and shut down splash screen pictures. I have added a hidden link to links page too  :D . And I have also fixed the registry key setting problem which I had in the previous version.

I have made two version of the .cab file. One for Orange users with the hidden Links page and another without for others. Download the appropriate one please.

This Home skin includes customized skins for:

-Home Screen

-Contact

-Start Menu

-Dialling Screen Including The Banner Image

-Incoming Call alert

-In Call Screen Including The Banner Image

-Volume Control Screen

-Question Screen

-alert Screen

-Information Screen

-Missed Call

-Windows Media Player Skin

-Hidden Links Page

-'Startup' Splash Screen 1

-'Startup' Splash Screen 2

&

-'Shut Down' Splash Screen (Please note 'Shut Down' splash screen does not work in some ROM versions)

Please Reboot your phone after installing the skin. Some skins needs the phone to be rebooted to work properly.

[uPDATE] Check out the new Windows Installer. It contains both version of the theme. Just select the appropriate one from the selection screen. [/update]

Updated Mon, Apr 11 2005 1:58 am

View File

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nice!!! :) 8)

• 1 year later...
Guest zaibaker

Hi all,

i tried to install this skin on my HTC Tornado / Imate SP5 / Qtek 8310 who was unlocked and it didn't work :D

The main screen wasn't loaded, the menu don't go into list (i have the cat in the corner), i don't have the message who tell how much missed call there was, nothing at boot / shutdown :( and nothing about details of my contacts.

I installed it many times with hard reboot, unlock, then reboot, install your skin, reboot, then i still have the same errors :)

Bad for me, your skin looks very well, and i can't use it.

Please tell me what can i do so... :S

And sorry for my bad english, i'm french.

See you soon ;)

Hi all,

i tried to install this skin on my HTC Tornado / Imate SP5 / Qtek 8310 who was unlocked and it didn't work :D

The main screen wasn't loaded, the menu don't go into list (i have the cat in the corner), i don't have the message who tell how much missed call there was, nothing at boot / shutdown :( and nothing about details of my contacts.

I installed it many times with hard reboot, unlock, then reboot, install your skin, reboot, then i still have the same errors :)

Bad for me, your skin looks very well, and i can't use it.

Please tell me what can i do so... :S

And sorry for my bad english, i'm french.

See you soon ;)

It looks like the author has abandoned this skin. Maybe someone can step up and try and do a remix for modern devices.

• 1 year later...
Guest SchmilK

Very cool..im downloading it now to take a peek :D

Long time ago i had edited out this wav file from a Futurama episode of the Professors new mail notification sound and have used it for the new mail on my computer and wm phone since then.

Its a cha-ching sound then a voice saying You've got mail, its not spam, cha-ching....It gets a laugh from someone near me everytime it goes off :(

not_spam.mp3

• 4 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.