ms smartphone 2002 v 3.0 (build 13.101)

radio v 0.801

ROM update versions:

Operator: 1.0.0.0

Manufacter: 1.0.42.7292

Microsoft: 3.0.13101.0

Language: 1.0.0.0

File System: 3.0.13101.0

Is this the latest stuff? Do I need to update something?

Are this ROMs useful?

I've also heared about "unofficial" updates.. are they safe? Is there any sense in installing them?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried accessing the phone security settings after installing the ROM update?? I can't seem to gain access to mine at all. Is anyone else having this problem. Also which update(s) do u install is it just the Flash update or the MicroP aswell?? I'm also having a few homescreen problems after the update - most of them won't work. And why is ActiveSync on the phone (from prog. menu) now in German?

I am willing to upgrade my phone also. Right now I have the ROM that unlocked the phone (mine was locked so I could not install any apps on it) and everything apparently looks ok. Only pain is the Messenger thing that stopped working after Microsoft changed it back in November.

My question is, has anyone tried this new ROM in a phone set to English? Does it affect the application unlocked state? Any side effects or everything should work just fine after the upgrade?

Any comments are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Guest longj49

i unlocked my mio 8380 successfully using the "unofficial" extended rom software, but after that noticed that i am unable to upgrade my rom version. i have the old version .39 and i think (i may be wrong) the next versions are .42, then .47 then .53, then .57. i think one can only upgrade in steps. for me the upgrade process from .39 to .42 failed, with the phone telling me that i was installing the wrong version. i also tried versions .47 and .53 to no avail.

anyone has info on other rom upgrade versions?

one thing that worries me is that did the unlocking process from this unofficial extended rom somehow make my rom version "unofficial", thereby disabling it from further rom upgrades?

would appreciate some input.

It would have helped all of us if MiTAC had given us instructions on how to upgrade the Mio with the Official ROMs in English on the English side of their site, however it seems they just forgot to and only posted the Official upgrades on the Chinese site in the matching language. I am pretty sure tho that the Unofficial ROM update that we've all been using is infact a summary of all the Official ROMs bumped together. So I think that the Unofficial ROM will actually do the same as the Official one's out there at present.

We need to contact the guy that coded the Unofficial ROM.

Guest da_serc

hi there,

i´ve read that the extended rom is based on the newest original mio rom! it only has the extended language, t9 and fixed some problems with the sms an msn messenger!

Guest rahduke

thanks alot im upgrading right now but whats so great about this new ROM version anyways? Does anyone else have a problem getting on aol instant messenger?

I've had problems with homescreens but havn't had any such problems with installing applications on the device. Have you tried using MiTAC's Unlock program for the Mio again?? Not sure if it'll work on the Mio now tho after the ROM update.

Guest computerguy

Mines is:

Smart Phone 2002 Ver 3.0 (Build 13238)

Radio Version 0.801

Operator: 1.0.0.0

Manufacturer: 1.0.55.12191

Microsoft: 3.0.13238.0

Language: 1.0.0.0

File System: 3.0.13238.0

• 3 weeks later...
Guest E.T.-FREAK

Anybody have the 39 ROM.

I have version:

Operator:1.0.0.0

Manufacturer:1.0.42.7292

Microsoft:3.0.13101.0

Language:1.0.0.0

File System:3.0.13101.0

Radio:0.800

Version:3.0 (build 13101)

Thanks,

E.T.-FREAK

Guest daedalus888

Does anyone happen to have the original rom? I have the hacked rom and it's not working that well. I would like to revert to the original and then follow the upgrade path that Mitac has on their website. The file I'm looking for is dumpimg.bin. Please PM if you have it.

• 2 weeks later...