Official Way To Get Your Phone Repaired Here!

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

Guest nedge2k

Some of you know this, some of you dont but if you go to http://www.htceurope.com they can sort out your phone for you! I found this little nugget of info hiding in the C500 forum in a post about dust and seeing as i'd never heard about it before, others must not have either...so here it is :lol: They also have a phone number: 0871 2230217

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Nice find, interesting set of disclaimers:

Examples of Non Warranty chargeable repair due to Misuse and / or accident includes:

1. Dropping the unit on the ground.

2. Dropping the unit in water.

3. Damage because of dog bites.

4. Damage to the charger connector socket pins through use of undue force.

5. Failure of the customer to follow the instructions properly as per the manual.  

6. Failure to upgrade the software as per procedures outlined in network operator’s web site.

7. Downloading ilegal or incompatible software to the handset.

Especially number 7!

I'm worried now too, why does it specifically flag up the 4 key may go wrong on my c500? :lol:

Guest nedge2k
3. Damage because of dog bites.

LOL...looks like they're on to Beery then :lol:

Hmm...well in the case of the C500, i'd take it back to the shop. But its good news for people who own the older HTC phones and need new cases...£15 for a case :D However this soon shoots up to £50 when they include labour etc.! I rang them up and left a msg asking if i could buy a case directly. They havent got back to me yet :?

Guest Pondrew

I used this service and was very VERY pleased. The E200 was already 11months old and the joystick was acting up. Meanwhile the case was pretty worn, scratched and gouged by dropping :oops:

Anyway, warranty covered the postage and packing, the joystick repair, and the labour while all I had to pay was £15 to get the phone back looking as new.

Actually, better then new because they seem to have subtly changed the call answer/hang up buttons and changed the font (bigger I think) of SPV and E200. Looks more funky now!

Guest tony_man

Hi All,

I tried to access the http://www.htceurope.com web site

entered my serial number and it tells me I have an incorrect number! Indicative of the whole operation and the worse than useless SPV E200

left a message on their answer to call my landline (as the e200 is wankered)

no reply as yet but thats what I expected!

• 1 month later...
Guest DeanoSMB

Many thanks for this - a couple of quick questions -

1. How much will it cost? free of charge or with a replacement fee?

2. Is there a complete fix for the dust issue yet? If not might be worth me holding off for now until there is one or it becomes REALLY unbearable... currently its worst feature is that it makes an extra hazard on Hexacto Links...

• 3 weeks later...

When was the last time anyone got a response from this website? I get to the point where it says "Click here to get your case number and password." So I click, and it loops the webpage back to the same place. Am I supposed to get an email? Is the number supposed to come up on the web page? I noticed Pondrew had his done, what happened exactly?

My # key has died. This means that if I want to type a space into a text msg, I cant! Also I am unable to unlock the keypad if it becomes locked, except by hard reset! Argh! :evil:

Guest Pondrew
When was the last time anyone got a response from this website? I get to the point where it says "Click here to get your case number and password." So I click, and it loops the webpage back to the same place. Am I supposed to get an email? Is the number supposed to come up on the web page? I noticed Pondrew had his done, what happened exactly?

My # key has died. This means that if I want to type a space into a text msg, I cant! Also I am unable to unlock the keypad if it becomes locked, except by hard reset! Argh! :evil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If I remember right (and this was back in November/December - and the website has changed since then...) after I put all my info in it just gave me the reference number... no email came until I rang HTC with a warranty question. A helpful guy called Tim then emailed with more information and an invoice for the optional refurb (it had a joystick fault so return postage were covered by them as it was within warranty).

Avb, you have to cover the cost of sending to them... if the handset is under warranty, and has a warranty fault as above, they pay the return postage.

Update - The website is supposed to give you the number, and the man on the end of the phone was very suprised to hear that it didn't! He took details and rapidly emailed me the forms to fill in. I will whack it in the post tommorrow and we will see.....

In warranty repair is free, and an optional case re-fit is £15. You pay for posting to them, they pay for returning it (again, if in warranty.) Will update when I get the phone back. :lol:

Guest odinjon
Could be the fact that Imate phones are asian and not euorpean? The site is htceurope after all :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Has anyone heard about such a site in the US? I have the Audiovox SMT5600 that could use a good tune-up!

Well, got the phone back today! Now thats service! The spiffy new case feels lovely and smooth, it even has plastic film covers on the front screen, IR port and camera lens. What a rapid turnaround. Oh, and the # key now works!

On the downside, it now won't detect my SD card. It still reads and access' MMC, but the SD card taht worked in it before I sent it away, now isnt even recognised. The keypad and screen light up when the card is inserted, but the phone and SmartExplorer act as if the card isn't present. I can still read/write the SD card with the PC. Very strange. Any ideas? I don't want to send it back again!