M2000 Prices

Guest w411y

Currently using a C550 but duying to give PPCPE a go. I've been looking around at some and have been drawn to the SPV M2000. Was wondering... what's the cheapest I can get one sim-free and where from?

Ive read a few reviews and seems that the M2000 is a big and heavy device. What are your thoughts.... is it 'pocketable'?

Also, what other ppc would you recommend?

I suppose before recommending I'll tell you why i like the look of this device :

-Wifi is a nice feature

-SD card slot

-Pocket Word and Excel

-Keyboard seems handy

-Bluetooth

-Camera

Thanks for replies in advance ;)

Guest Pondrew

Ermmm. As much as I love the Blue Angel, and I like it that much I'm not sure any of the new Pocket PC Phones could replace it (the Universal is too big and the Wizard too small!), I couldn't possibly describe it as 'pocketable'. I keep mine in my inside leather jacket pocket or in its case on my belt.

I would probably say the new HTC Wizard is the best bet for you, especially given you're coming from Smartphone. It matches your requirements (aside from having a mini-sd slot rather then SD) and does it in a tiny form factor (you won't get a smaller Pocket PC Phone with keyboard).

I couldn't possibly describe it as 'pocketable'. I keep mine in my inside leather jacket pocket or in its case on my belt.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've kept mine in my left front denims pocket since I got it, no problems whatsoever. I've always kept my phone there and to be honest the Blue Angel is better than most I've had. For example, my last phone, the SPV, was considerably thicker and created a bulge way more than the BA does. The BA just seems about the right size for this, not too thick and reasonable size height vs width. It's pretty confortable and I don't notice that it's there.

Cheers guys ;) Thinking about it I guess size wouldnt be much of a problem ... if its too big to pocket then i always have my C550 to take with me.

Going to pop down the Orange shop now to have a go.. hope they got one there!

Edited by w411y

Went down the Orange shop... had a flick through the catalogue and then went to ask for a demo of the m2000 and the m500. Walked up to the desk and saw a phone trainer showing an m500 to some guy so i eavesdropped .. the guy seemed nice, really helpful.

After he finished serving the guy i asked for a demo of the m2000 and the m500 to which he said "Sorry we only stock them in business stores" so i said "Fair enough but im sure I just saw you show that last man the m500" and he said "Huh..oh no, you'll have to go onto the website to see those devices" (Already have and i want to see the size and actually have a go on the things :D )

Seemed to be treating me like a kid ... i asked "Any ideas on a sim free price or payg or an upgrade price from £25 a month?" ... to which he replies "Sorry we only offer this phone to businesses" when he told the previous guy that he could buy the m500 for himself from the website or a 'business store' :?:

So i went on to ask "Whats the cheapest i could by it sim free as the Qtek 9090" n he says ... " The Q what sorry?"" ... "the qtek 9090" ... "sorry dont know what your on about" It was at that point i thought it was best to walk out and probably get more sense from Barclays Bank on this device ;) :shock:

Came home to find it the cheapest as £409 .. this seems a bit pricey to me so pretty much spoilt my day ...my contract ends in June/July :D

Anything i can do to get Orange to upgrade my phone now?

Guest Pondrew

Sorry to hear the guy was so useless (and it REALLY sounds like he wasn't treating u as he should as a potential customer). I'm certain the devices are available to non business customers so what he said makes no sense at all.

Anyway, have you considered going and having a look at an HTC Magician (SPV M500) or HTC Blue Angel (SPV M2000) in a T-Mobile or O2 store? Because if you liked their versions you could just order the M2000 from an online retailer and so circumvent the Orange shop altogether.

Ye I will have to pop into O2 or T-mobile (closest shop is like 12 miles away :D )

But I'm sure it will be worth it.

My old man got an upgrade after christmas I think so I'll beg him to get the M2000 so i can have it :D

Being on PAYG I've had both my parents last upgrades ;)

...I hate waiting :D

Just gave O a call regarding my old mans contract (Woman on the other line was a LOT better than the guy in the store). She said that his contract doesn't end until February however he can still upgrade. I asked how much for the M2000 to which she replied "149.99"

Now i need 150 quid (maybe less if i can persuade O maybe?)

B-Day in 17 days ;) Damn i cant wait ... still would like to hold the device firstly so guess i best go find an o2 or T-Mobile shop seemings Orange didn't seem to care last time!!

Guna be the longest 17 days of my life... but anywho ... WOOHOO \ :D /

Edited by w411y