brodit spv c550 cradle compatibility

Guest kayble

Hello all,

Not too sure if this information is of use to anyone, or indeed if it has been posted elsewhere but I shall post away nonetheless. I was a little bit frustrated with my spv c550 when I found that there were no tailored in car mounting options around for the phone. I decided that purchasing one for a phone very much like the c550 might be the way to go. To that end I purchased a Brodit Active Holder with Tilt & swivel for the iMate SP3i and Qtek 8020.

The SPV c550 fits really nicely into this cradle with the plastic lips on the side forming a snug grip for the phone to keep it in place. The charging socket is placed perfectly as well and due to its design, it does not require that you remove the small black rubber protection tab on the bottom of the phone; you simply swivel towards the rear of the phone and then dock the charger in the socket.

The part number for the holder is 971975 and you then need to purchase a Brodit ProClip for your vehicle.

Some piccies of the fit:

brodit_1.jpg

brodit_2.jpg

brodit_3.jpg

The third image makes the cradle look as if it has been modified by me. Don't worry, that's how it is manufactured and its symetrical on the other side of the phone as well.

Edited by kayble

Guest kjhoran
Nice 1 :) Been debating wether to get a cradle

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I see you have a cable for audio... What is this attached to..?? Does this create a "true" handsfree car kit..??

Cheers

K