A2DP for Tornado!

Guest namiran

Guest NETSCARE

Thanks very much for sharing .. but forgive my stupidity, but will u please explain to me what is that A2DP!.. well, am new with smartphone thingy, 'n this is the first time i hear A2DP, ..

thanks again :-)

Regards;

-Tarek

Guest swivel
Do you want A2DP as much as i do? i've even considered changing phone for a nokia 6280 because of the A2DP, or rather, lack of it in HTC phones....anyway...someone did it ;)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=48491

Enjoy! =D

To consider switching phones because the one you have doesn't have A2DP is pretty damn pathetic.

Listening to music, etc., over stereo bluetooth is NOT a critical feature of a phone, no matter how you slice it.

Guest namiran
To consider switching phones because the one you have doesn't have A2DP is pretty damn pathetic.

Listening to music, etc., over stereo bluetooth is NOT a critical feature of a phone, no matter how you slice it.

well i think your answere was pretty pathetic...;) what was that good for?

i use the wlan about once every three days, but i use the phone to listen to music Every day and i already have the moto stereo bt headset and its Really nice to not have any cords and adapters to listen to music. I guess your answere is what it is because you havent tried it yet. If you dont like it, dont download it =)

Guest PDAZealot

i use the wlan about once every three days, but i use the phone to listen to music Every day and i already have the moto stereo bt headset and its Really nice to not have any cords and adapters to listen to music. I guess your answere is what it is because you havent tried it yet. If you dont like it, dont download it =)

Exactly how I feel as well. I've been waiting for A2DP since I bought my i-Mate SP5m, and enjoy WLAN occasionally, but working out with mono music takes something away somehow. It works great,...

...Anyway, back to the topic. It does have two downsides though. One, it EATS a TON of RAM. On a fresh soft reset, with nothing else running, I'm down to 7mb of RAM left. This is typically 20mb less than I normally have with nothing running. Also, it noticeably slows down the phone, and running more than one other app is pretty much impossible. Then again, since you are using it for music at that moment, I think it's a worthy trade off. Hope every likes it. Here is the link to the page where the cab file is:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=48502

Just logon to the site to see the file posted. Download the cab file on the page, no need to do all the manual steps, reboot the phone, repair your BT Stereo headset, and make sure to select it as the Stereo headset under the BT Devices. I forgot to do this last part, and that was why it wasn't playing out of my headset. This is SOOOO much better than that BT Toggle app I was using before. Hope everyone loves it as much as I do!

Edited by Pondrew

Guest swivel

I'm not saying it isn't a great function. IT IS! It's awesome! But if it didn't work, it's no reason to get rid of your phone! That's all I'm saying. It's just a weird reason to consider switching phones. Particularly because you knew the "limitations" of your phone when you bought it in the first place!

Guest andrewshill
Thanks very much for sharing .. but forgive my stupidity, but will u please explain to me what is that A2DP!.. well, am new with smartphone thingy, 'n this is the first time i hear A2DP, ..

thanks again :-)

Regards;

-Tarek

A2DP is most known as providing support for Stereo Bluetooth headsets.

Guest PDAZealot
I'm not saying it isn't a great function. IT IS! It's awesome! But if it didn't work, it's no reason to get rid of your phone! That's all I'm saying. It's just a weird reason to consider switching phones. Particularly because you knew the "limitations" of your phone when you bought it in the first place!

It's not a weird reason actually at all. Here's the deal: I purchased my Tornado phone version, the i-Mate SP5m with the audio buttons on it as much for music playback as for phone usage/Internet usage. I was told that the upcoming AKU2.0 ROM would have A2DP. I DID purchase the phone for this usage, and just because you didn't or like the idea of having a long cord that gets in the way when exercising doesn't mean it's not a valid reason for switching phones. Different people have different purposes, and we expected the A2DP to be released with the March 2006 ROM update, and it wasn't. It was a limitation that was overdue for correction, so the expectation that it was a short term pain only was valid, and not weird. Hey, you see it differently, but to us, yes, it is important enough.

Guest namiran
It's not a weird reason actually at all. Here's the deal: I purchased my Tornado phone version, the i-Mate SP5m with the audio buttons on it as much for music playback as for phone usage/Internet usage. I was told that the upcoming AKU2.0 ROM would have A2DP. I DID purchase the phone for this usage, and just because you didn't or like the idea of having a long cord that gets in the way when exercising doesn't mean it's not a valid reason for switching phones. Different people have different purposes, and we expected the A2DP to be released with the March 2006 ROM update, and it wasn't. It was a limitation that was overdue for correction, so the expectation that it was a short term pain only was valid, and not weird. Hey, you see it differently, but to us, yes, it is important enough.

Exactly like that! You said it ;) however maybe you should also stop with the personal attacks... lets just be happy about a2dp for our phone and thanks for your link too btw

Guest 171235_1437909563

hi everybody

thank you for the ad2p patch, this is great !!!

i would like to know if many people had tested it, and if it works fine with a c600...

(that's because i felt in love when i saw the jabra bluetooth headsets...)

what about avrcp ? does it work with the c600 ?

• 1 month later...
Guest mini_man

excellent, so does this mean i can use A2DP on my C600 without having to upgrade a AKU2 or Switching to an imate rom?

Just install and go?

Guest sporkguy
excellent, so does this mean i can use A2DP on my C600 without having to upgrade a AKU2 or Switching to an imate rom?

Just install and go?

Certainly worth a try - give it a go and see what happens :)

Guest Disco Stu

Just install and go?

Sadly not.

I tried that but had to install the AKU2 ROM to get it to work.

Guest Disco Stu

From what I've read it seems that Orange are still not happy with the stereo streaming just yet and so it is still disabled. It may well be the 'drop-outs' that they are trying to get rid of and you will certainly have to get used to that. It's a little annoying but not a real problem. A bit like going under a motorway bridge but without the loud buzzing ! :)

I've ordered the Anycom's so I can compare them to the Motos.

Guest mini_man

Ok so from what I gather.

AKU2 Does have A2DP in it BUT! its a bit crap and keeps dropping out.

These cabs will update the A2DP in the AKU2 update to make it better.

Sorry I want to be sure beffore I order those headphones.

I will wait untill you get yours though Disco Stu.

Sam

Guest Disco Stu

You'll have to read all the threads on here and the other-place-beginning-with-x because I've read so much I've forgotten the technical details now ! :) :)

It's either : 1. AKU2 doesn't have A2DP and the 2 cabs give you it,

or 2. AKU2 does have A2DP but it is not enabled until you run the 2 cabs.

The important bit is that you do get the drop-outs. I don't think this is due to either the C600 or the HT820s but I'll report back when I've had chance to test the Anycoms - probably 2moz after lunch. ;)

Guest mini_man
ANYBODY HAVE A BLUETOOTH STEREO HEADPHONES FOR SALE OR WANT TO SELL THERES?????????

WHY DONT YOU LOOK ON EBAY OR EXPANSYS!!! THEY HAVE SOME CHEAP ONES ON THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!