App Unlocking my MPX200

Guest deathbypowerade

Guest deathbypowerade

Sorry to be annoying and start a new thread, but I've been trying to make sense of the various posts about unlocking these phones, and I'm just totally lost, and I have no idea what works and what doesn't!!!

Someone please help, I'm totally clueless!!

Oh and I've tried Alphaflux, and something that was called "regedit", but neither worked.

Edited by deathbypowerade

Guest deathbypowerade

Well this is driving me up the wall.... I can't use the orange developers unlocking because I have no IMEI... I'm lost as to how that happened, but I can't get one, and the one I found under the battery doesn't exist to Orange apparently, RegEdit is not signed apparently.

I'm lost.

Guest leethacker
Well this is driving me up the wall.... I can't use the orange developers unlocking because I have no IMEI... I'm lost as to how that happened, but I can't get one, and the one I found under the battery doesn't exist to Orange apparently, RegEdit is not signed apparently.

I'm lost.

Where have you tried to download Regedit. it should work!

Guest awarner (MVP)

From memory the registry version as linked to above is not compatable on the MPX200.

If you follow the instructions on the Orange developers site it explains how to register your IMEI as the application unlock will then be created specifically for your phone.

What version of the operating system do you have on your phone?

2002 or 2003?

Guest Shuflie
From memory the registry version as linked to above is not compatable on the MPX200.

If you follow the instructions on the Orange developers site it explains how to register your IMEI as the application unlock will then be created specifically for your phone.

What version of the operating system do you have on your phone?

2002 or 2003?

Shouldn't that be 2002, 2003 or WM5 now? :)

Edited by Shuflie

Guest m1.carson

Hi,

I seem to remember something about Orange not recognising my IMIE, I think you have to have logged onto the internet at least once before it'll work, and it's not immediate.

Correct me if I've given bumph info.

Max.

PS. to show your IMIE No dial *#06#

Edited by m1.carson

Guest awarner (MVP)

There is a small application which you download from the developers site which then registers your IMEI. This app only needs to be run once.

Guest deathbypowerade

I don't have an IMEI!!

If I type in *#06# it just tells me it fails. And when I use the Orange Register tool, it tells me it's registered, but then not what the number is. I just don't have one. Does anyone know how this is possible????

to answer previous questions... I downloaded regedit from this very forum, and my phone runs on 2002, and I have connected to the internet several times.

Guest awarner (MVP)

If the Orange tool is saying you are registered then that is all you need to do and can now go back to the developers site to application unlock your phone.

If you still have problems you can contact the developers site and they can make the unlock cab for you.

As for your phone not having an IMEI, it will have one but you can always check the sticker inside the phone as this also shows the phone's IMEI.

Guest deathbypowerade

Yeah and the one inside is what orange say isn't registered, and I've gone back to the developers site after it said registered, and it still didn't work.

Guest awarner (MVP)

Send them an email they will make an unlock file specifically designed for your phone.

As the guides instruct do you have an Orange SIM or are you using another network like O2 etc?

Only Orange SIMs can be application unlocked using GPRS other SIM card or if you are not in the UK have to be unlocked using passthrough.

Guest deathbypowerade

I do have an Orange sim. Although it originally belonged to my brother, and I think he unlocked it, is there any chance this could be the problem?

I've sent an email to the developers now, but it's the IMEI that's still bothering me.

EDIT: I sent an email to the developers, and they just said to reply again with my IMEI, even though I gave them it in the email I sent.

Guest awarner (MVP)

Ahh more details are coming out :)

When you say it is unlocked did your brother SIM unlock it? if so did he use imei-check or the free version?

Basically the original free version is actually ilegal to use as it alters the IMEI of the phone. This is actually a criminal offence and can result in up to 5 years in jail.

If you can ask your brother how he unlocked the phone this will help and may explain the IMEI problem you are experiencing.

I presume you gave the Orange Developers the IMEI number from the sticker on the back of the phone?