Challenge for the registry experts

Guest scottyp

Guest scottyp

Hi Everyone,

I'm a bit lost on this one - I need some expert help! I have a WM5 smartphone (SP5) running Tom Tom Mobile. I also have a Parrot bluetooth GPS / hands-free kit which interfaces with my car stereo.

The Parrot system provides GPS for my phone and routes voice calls through my car stereo system. The problem is - the SP5 wont route the navigation directions through the bluetooth connection so that they can also be heard through the speakers. This would be of great help to us as the other driver of the car is quite hard of hearing and it would be really good for them to be able to hear the directions through the speakers which can go significantly louder.

So - can someone please tell me how I might go about editing the registry (as Parrot told me that is what I will have to do) to make the SP5 do this? If not can someone tell me where else I might post this request where someone might know?

Appreciate ANY help or comments,

Scott

• 3 months later...
Guest Woodpeck
Hi Everyone,

I'm a bit lost on this one - I need some expert help! I have a WM5 smartphone (SP5) running Tom Tom Mobile. I also have a Parrot bluetooth GPS / hands-free kit which interfaces with my car stereo.

The Parrot system provides GPS for my phone and routes voice calls through my car stereo system. The problem is - the SP5 wont route the navigation directions through the bluetooth connection so that they can also be heard through the speakers. This would be of great help to us as the other driver of the car is quite hard of hearing and it would be really good for them to be able to hear the directions through the speakers which can go significantly louder.

So - can someone please tell me how I might go about editing the registry (as Parrot told me that is what I will have to do) to make the SP5 do this? If not can someone tell me where else I might post this request where someone might know?

Appreciate ANY help or comments,

Scott

Hi Scott,

I hope this still is still a current issue however if not, possibly this may help others.

I started looking at how I could play MP3 music files through a bluetooth earpiece that worked fine for telephone calls but refused to play audio that was coming through the built in loudspeaker. Browsing around on the site left me wanting to try a small group of 3 files that basically either "switch on" "switch off" or "toggle" a divert sound from speaker to bluetooth earpiece device. I've just been playing with it and it happily transfers the "welcome to route 66" through to my bluetooth earpice and mutes the speaker while doing so. I can only assume it will work in practice (I haven't got a legitimate version of the software installed yet, I'm just experimenting for now). You might want to look in the forums for a utility called

"BT Audio" , it seems to be free software. If you can't find it, then let me know and I'll post it.

Cheers and good luck

:)