down button on the SP5m joystick

Guest mikeeey

Guest mikeeey

yes i know its been talked about but i couldnt find much good info on how to fix it.

i dont really wanna hard reset cuz i dont wanna lose my contacts and apps and everything.

is there any way to fix it by taking the joystick out and puttin it back in?

would somoene know of a guide or schematics or somethin that tells how to take apart a SP5m?

Guest killerost

Try a different firmware! I had this problem with my SP5m and tought my joystick was broke. But after installing Qtek 8300 firmware my joystick worked flawlessly. And others have experienced the same thing! It's worth testing before disassembeling your phone! :)

Guest Looby

I agree, I think this is a software issue rather than mechanical. My SP5 has this problem sometimes and I find if I delete some unwanted files and power down then power up it works perfectly for ages. Hope this helps :)

Guest mikeeey
I agree, I think this is a software issue rather than mechanical. My SP5 has this problem sometimes and I find if I delete some unwanted files and power down then power up it works perfectly for ages. Hope this helps :)

when i tried to install the Qtek 8300 firmware on my sp5m i thot nearly lost my phone lol. the screen turned all different colors and a error message displayed on my computer saying it wasnt for my device.

other people installed it on their sp5ms tho. could it be cuz mine is unlocked?

pict0013ng7.jpg

Edited by mikeeey

Guest mikeeey

nvm i got it workin but it didnt fix the joystick like it did for most people. i took my sda apart and blew on the joystick and got some dust out and it works a little better now

• 3 months later...
Guest glenn98827

Hey, on another note... I'm wondering how to take my SDA apart. Do you think you could give me some tips so i don't do anything stupid and break it. I'm need to clean the number pads as i spilled something sticky in there the other day and now they are all gummed up.

nvm i got it workin but it didnt fix the joystick like it did for most people. i took my sda apart and blew on the joystick and got some dust out and it works a little better now
Edited by glenn98827

Guest mikeeey
Hey, on another note... I'm wondering how to take my SDA apart. Do you think you could give me some tips so i don't do anything stupid and break it. I'm need to clean the number pads as i spilled something sticky in there the other day and now they are all gummed up.

im sure theres a few guides here on modaco about how to do that, but il best try to explain.

things youl need:

small flathead screwdriver and small philips, credit card or similar type of card, some other tiny screwdrivers. i think thats it...

first turn ur phone off lol.

take the cover, battery, sim card, and storage card out.

take the rubber bung on the top of the phone off and use the flat head scredriver to get the hump off. to get the hump off u have to stick the flathead screwdriver underneath the part of the plastic that goes down at a 45 degree angle, i put it under the right side... i wish a had a camera to explain this better. once uve done that 2 theres screws on the top of the phone and 2 screws on the bottom of the phone, and 2 screws under the battery. 1 of those screws are under the void sticker and your gonna have to break through that sticker.

so once youve got all the screws off u put the screwdriver inbetween the side of the phone and pry it open slightly, then put the card in the pryed open hole. slide the card left and right so it starts to open the edges of the phone.

when it can open up do it very slowly and carefully, youl see a thin cable connecting the camera nad the mainboard, find where it connects on the mainboard (it looks white) and use your flathead to disconnect the white thing attached to the cable from the white thing on the mainboard. now u should be able to take the back part of the cover off.

now on the sides of the mainboard thers 2 plastic things holding the front cover and the mainboard together. gentally pull those to the side so u can pull up the mainboard, and thers a thin cable just like the camera cable connecting the mainboard and the keypad and joystick i believe it was... disconnect that the same way u did the camera.

You might have to pull the LCD screen off the front cover if it didnt already fall out. be carefull not to pull to hard on it. just use ur fingers or the flathead screwdriver to pull back the sides of the LCD screen.

now all u need to do is unscrew the screws on the keypad and joystick if u want. i myself hav not taken apart the keypad, i have the joystick tho.

please ask questiosn if u have any cuz im sure this was confusing. dont try assuming how to do something if u didnt understand wat i was trying to say. il soon try to take pictures to make things easier.

Guest glenn98827

Wow, thanks so much for such detailed instructions. I was able to disassemble the phone and clean out all the gunk. My SDA is back to 100% now!

-glenn

Guest mikeeey
Wow, thanks so much for such detailed instructions. I was able to disassemble the phone and clean out all the gunk. My SDA is back to 100% now!

-glenn

really? i thot my description kinda sucked cuz i didnt have pictures. well im glad u were able to dis assemble it ok. somethin i really wanna do is take it apart and spray paint all of the cover(s) and the shell of the phone black. that would look really cool. black phone with silver buttons.