The Pro version of Runtastic Pedometer is free today only, via AppTurbo's 'App of the Day'.
Normally priced at 79p, the Pro version is unlocked by downloading the free version of Runtastic Pedometer and entering an unlock code provided in the AppOfTheDay application, a free download from the Google Play Store.
The application replicates the functionality of a dedicated connected pedometer such as a Fitbit. Features include:
- Automatically records all your steps
- Works anywhere: pants or jacket pocket, hand or arm, in a sports bag or purse
- Speed calculation
- Distance (miles or km) covered
- Step frequency counter and calculation
- See the last 5 walking activities on your phone
- Share your fitness activities on social networks like Facebook and Twitter
- Integrate Runtastic Pedometer activities to your MyFitnessPal account
- Compatible with the Runtastic fitness site, runtastic.com, where all your data will be managed
- Users can also save body data: weight and height for an accurate calorie count
I'm going to download the application and give it a go... i'm interested to see if there's a battery life impact and how accurate the recording is compared to a dedicated fitness tracker.