Software version B370 (based on EMUI 4.0 and Marshmallow) is now available for the Honor 7. The sizeable 435MB update is being deployed via a staged rollout but for the first time, keen users can use a new method to get the update ahead of time.
The update's changelog is as follows:
This update improves system performance and stability.
- Fixed an issue where Gmail unexpectedly exits when you perform an OTA update to update the system from Android 5.0 to Android 6.0.
- Fixed an issue where some UI elements are translated incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where some carrier names are displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where the indicator doesn't blink when you have an unread message and your device screen is off.
- Improved device security with the latest Google security patches.
- Improved system performance and stability for smoother operations.
- Before the update, make sure your phone has not been rooted.
- If you experience any issues during the update, please go to http://consumer.huawei.com/ or an authorized service center for assistance.
- To improve compatibility with Android 6.0, update third-party apps to their latest versions from Google Play Store.
- Your home screen layout may be rearranged slightly.
- If you are not satisfied with the new update, you can roll back to EMUI 3.1. For details, please call the Huawei customer service hotline. Rolling back to an earlier version will erase all data on your device, so make sure you back up your data first
A worthy update by all accounts!
These are 3 steps you need to complete in order to get the update ahead of time.
Ensure your HiCare app is up to date. Opting in to the priority list for updates is achieved using the HiCare app, which has been recently updated to enable this functionality. Via the Play Store, ensure you are on the latest version.
Apply to the early update programme. From the HiCare app, select the 'OS Upgrade Early Adopters' option. The app will then check for any updates and prompt you to accept the update. A notice will appear on screen when your application has been approved.
Update your software! All that's left to do now is to click the 'System Update' option and perform the 'Quick Update'. Easy!
Edited by PaulOBrien