PLEASE READ FIRST IMPORTANT THIS IS ONLY FOR XOOM WIFI MODELS MZ604 DO NOT FLASH ON 3G MODELS AND OR ANY OTHER MODELS BELOW IS THE COMPATIABLE LIST THAT CAN BE FLASHED SUCESFULLLY YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
MZ604 - XOOM with Wi-Fi
Build H.6.2-20 for KDDI Japan 125 MBJun. 2, 2011 MZ604
Build H.6.2-24 for Retail France 118 MB Jun. 2, 2011 MZ604
Build H.6.2-24 for Retail Europe 118 MB Jun. 2, 2011 MZ604
Build H.6.2-24 for Retail Other International 118 MB Jun. 2, 2011 MZ604
Build H.6.2-21 for Canada 119 MB Jun. 1, 2011 MZ604
Build H.6.2-21 for Brazil 119 MB Jun. 1, 2011 MZ604
Build H.6.2-21 for Spanish-speaking countries in Latin America 125 MB Jun. 1, 2011 MZ604
Build HWI69 for US Retail 122 MB N/A MZ604
Build MZ604 (Hong Kong version, 3.0.1) This build has been confirmed working wifi only
IF YOU DECIDE YOU WANT TO GO BACK TO YOUR STOCK COUNTRY FOR WARRANTY PURPOSES EASY JUST DOWNLOAD YOUR CORRESPONDING COUNTRY'S FIRMWARE eg MZ604 Europe retail OR WHICHEVER YOURS IS AND REPEAT THE PROCESS BELOW AND YOU WILL BE BACK THE WAY YOU WAS WHEN YOU SEND BACK FOR WARRENTY LOOK AT THE COMPATIABLE TABLE ABOVE DONT FORGET TO RELOCK YOUR BOOTLOADER THE COMMAND IS (fastboot oem relock).
1) make sure where C:\tools that you have extracted the stock us 3.01.zip in there you will have 4 img files and that fastboot.exe and adb.exe is in there just copy the whole tools folder from android sdk to c:\ so you will end up with C:\tools
2) you'll want this image for the us 3.0.1 image: Build HWI69 for US Retail 122mb MZ604 Product Specs Download Place all the downloaded stock image files into the SDK Tools folder. http://developer.motorola.com/products/software/
3) Make sure you have the latest SDK - adb and fastboot should be in /platform-tools - http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
Should have the android SDK if you have rooted your Xoom before.
4) Please make sure you are using the original motorola cable that came in the box with your xoom device or it will not work and or dont use any extenshion cables adapters just the lead direct into usb port.You need the Moto Drivers - Read this thread to START you - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=981578
Should have these drivers installed if you have rooted your Xoom before.
REMEMBER IF YOU HAVE ALREADY UNLOCKED YOUR BOOTLOADER IN THE PAST YOU CAN SKIP THIS STEP AS LONG AS YOU HAVE NOT RELOCKED IT
First step If your bootloader is locked To unlock bootloader put xoom in fastboot mode by power off then Hold Vol Down and Power button will boot unit for fastboot mode you will see fastboot mode in top lefthand corner.
open command prompt
fastboot oem unlock
Then follow instructions on device to unlock and let it reboot and wipe device.
Then Put xoom in fastboot mode by power off then hold the down volume button and power button at same time you will see fastboot mode in top lefthand corner.
open command prompt
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
(DO NOT fastboot oem lock)
Once done reboot device either by typing fastboot reboot or hold volume button up and power at same time let it do the setup procedure and it will detect a update go ahead and update please plug in the AC adapter and enjoy your 3.2 honeycomb which is the latest as of writing this guide for us wifi model.
So If your tired of waiting for the OTA update from 3.1 to 3.2 the procedure below can be flashed from a usb device like a pen derive but you need the OTG cable that connect the xoom to the usb stick via host cable so here is the procedure and its been tested and proved working.
1. Acquire an OTG Cable and a USB Thumb Drive, Copy the 3.2 stock image to the thumb drive Plug the OTG cable into your Xoom with the thumb drive attatched.
2. Reboot your Xoom.
3. Once the dual core screen comes up, tap the volume down button repeatedly until you get menu options.
4. Select Android Recovery and press the volume up button.
5. At green android, hold the power button and tap the volume up button once, release the power button.
6. Select the Apply Update option, and choose the correct file from the USB Drive. Tap the power button to continue.
7. Let it run through the update process, choose reboot once it is complete, and enjoy!
The 3.2 stock image file can be found below
Quick guide for all anyone who has installed the US firmware on a UK Xoom and wants it to UK language the link is below
Here is a guide to get you rooted on 3.2
Here is a great guide to get recovery onto your xoom