Hi, I'm having a couple of problems with my T-Mobile MDA Pro (HTC Universal (not Wizard - muppet :oops: )).
I have ActiveSync 4.1 and have installed latest USB 2 drivers for my mobo (the ones that came on the CD with the phone don't work for my PC). I have done a clean re-install of WinXP Home, all SPs and updates.
When I plug the device in, I get the message "USB device not recognised" pop up as a balloon in the tray area. If I reboot the PC, it still doesn't work. The only way to get rid of this message and get the PC to detect the MDA Pro is to reboot, go into the BIOS and set "Reset ESCD [Extended System Configuration Data]" to "yes", then reboot. After that, the device connects OK and I can sync.
If I unplug the device and plug it back in again, it says "USB device not recognised" and won't work again until I reboot and reset the ESCD again.
HOWEVER... now all of a sudden it won't even do that. After resetting the ESCD and rebooting, if I connect the device, it receives power through the USB and will charge the battery, however ActiveSync cannot see it - it sits there saying "Connecting" but never times out with an error (it's been sitting there for over an hour now...) and I can't explore the MDA Pro from the desktop either.
Does anyone have any ideas here, as I said I'm using the latest ASync (4.1) and the latest updates for the OS and all my drivers. I have tried 2 different USB cables (the one that came with the MDA Pro and the one from my old Orange SPV C500) and all 6 USB ports on the back of my PC (no hubs here!), of which 2 are USB 2.0 and the other 4 USB 1.1. All other USB devices (external HDD, flash drives) that I have tried work fine.
ASUS P4T533 Mobo
512MB PC1066 RDRAM
P4 2.4GHz, 533MHz FSB (no O/C)
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB
2 x 250GB Maxtor IDE HDD (1 internal, 1 external via USB caddy)
Win XP Home SP2 (full, not upgrade from Win 98)
I only have 20 albums worth of music on this thing and I want to sync some more as I am getting bored of this selection already!!!!