Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About vvanegmond

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Your Current Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S III
  1. Today I received a brand new Samsung Galaxy S III from the shop :) During the first-time enrollment there was no issue connecting to a wireless access point at home. It's also possible to connect the other wireless access point in my home without problems. The phone is still continuously scanning Wi-Fi networks every couple of seconds, but no more automatically turning off/on. Speedtest.net is showing > 10Mbps speeds over Wifi and HD YouTube video's seem to stream nicely. Thanks for your suggestions and the thanks to the shop (Typhone in .nl) for the short turnaround time...
  2. thanks, the phone is on its way back to the shop :( I'll let you know what happens...
  3. Hi guys, Last Wednesday evening I received my Samsung Galaxy S III white :) and turned it on for the first time. Because I just received my brand new (at that time still inactivated) micro SIM, I had to configure the first time setup wizard using Wi-Fi. But my excitement turned soon into frustration; I was unable to get a stable Wi-Fi connection. After enabling Wi-Fi, the my Samsung Galaxy S III starts to scan, pause for a few seconds, starts scanning again then automatically turns off and immediately on again then scanning again, and so on in a continuous loop. I was successful in entering a WPA2 passkey for my Wi-Fi access point and the Samsung Galaxy S III connects, receives an IP-address and for a few brief seconds, there is a Wi-Fi Internet connection. But then it starts scanning again then automatically turns off and immediately on again, connects automatically to my access point, starts scanning, etc, etc. Things tried without success: -Connecting to both my wireless access points at home and a third one at work (Netgear WNDR3700v2, Thomson - -Speedtouch WL-780 and KPN Experia Box). -Setting wireless access point to 802.11G only -Disabling security the wireless access point -Experimented with wireless access point security options WEP/WPA-PSK [TKIP]/ WPA2-PSK [AES]/ WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES] -Forgetting the wireless network, turn device off, remove battery 30 seconds, turn on and retry connecting to a wireless network -Reset the device without backing up data, account or apps -Tried a micro-SIM from a colleague who’s using a different Telco provider My colleagues use the latest Android 4 on their Galaxy Note and Galaxy S II and have no issues whatsoever with wireless connections. There are some accounts of other Android user who have upgraded to the latest 4.0.x version and have similar issues. The suggestion to solve it is to use “WiFix” from XDA developers to fix some regional issue, but that requires you to root the device. I find it hard to believe to have to go that route to fix this (hugely frustrating) Wi-Fi issue. Also, the Samsung Galaxy S III is a brand new latest and greatest 600 euro top-end phone from Samsung, only a few days old. To root the device, if even possible and voiding warranty is too much right now. I’ve spoken to Samsung service representative and she said not being aware of any issues and not knowing much about this brand new phone. Just to bring it to a Samsung service point, or return the device for repair which can take two to four weeks :( And if there is a regional Wi-Fi bug in Android 4.0.4 as XDA developers seem to suggest, Samsung won’t be able to repair it anyway and I’ll just have to wait for an update, someday… So before I return my brand new, 2 day old Samsung Galaxy S III, I want to explore each and every option in an attempt to fix the Wi-Fi problem, even when I suspect I grasping at straws here… Any suggestion is welcome…
  4. I use a SPV C500 and my car is fitted with a Parrot CK3300. When I start TomTom 5, TomTom is unable to find a GPS device. I've tried every possible variation of bluetooth settings and startup configurations. Including disconnecting the C500 from Parrot and then starting TomTom. On the C500 I've tried both Windows Mobile 5 and Windows Mobile 2003se OrangeUK v4.2.1.1. No matter what I tried, the combination of C500 + TomTom 5 + CK3300 didn't seem to find a GPS device :D Thinking it was a Parrot CK3300 issue, I posted this in the Parrot forum (http://www.driveblue.com/forums). A guy named eisbaer82 came with this solution: If you have the new Orange Software Update (with Windows Media Player 10) on your Phone, you need to create some Registry entries: Create the Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuildIn\BTOBSerial with values: Index as DWORD with value 6 Prefix as String with value COM This will setup a COM port on COM6. Set an outgoing COM port also to COM6. Haven't tried yet the newly released official Orange ROM's yet, but on my C500 with a Windows Mobile 5 ROM, TomTom 5 is finally working now! Hope this helps other CK3300 users :)
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.