How to make proper upgrade my i600 device to WM6Standard
What you need to know before start:
- update won't work in Windows Vista (boot loader can't find files)
- for some case samsung modem driver should be instaled before upgrading from earlier versions
- phone must be charged to full (3 bars)
- eject miniSD card.
- get write S/N phone
- don't unplug phone while upgrading
- don't try to upgrade i607 with i600 roms
- do it on your own risk
1) First, you need to upgrade i600 to XXGD1 version
- download XXGD1 update, unpack file i600XXGD1_REV15.exe
- if it's your first upgrade, you should install samsung modem driver
- connect usb cable to PC, ActiveSync must find device,
- go to options and disable: usb connection
- turn off device "power off"
- turn on to boot mode by hold 3 keys shown on picture below
- run i600XXGD1_REV15.exe and press start button to start upgrading
- wait till end after time counting digits (about 5min)
2) Settings to upgrade i600 do WM6
I. Downloading WM6 upgrade
- go to page: http://www.samsungmobile.com/promotion/i600/index.jsp
- chose for example Sweden
- type serial number: i600XXGD1
- next fill registry form, with proper S/N number (remember to type it in capital letters).
Number could be found under battery S/N.
- download from site 3 files
Samsung modem driver http://fus.samsungmobile.com/i600/Samsung_..._modem_4.34.zip
ActiveSync 4.5 http://fus.samsungmobile.com/i600/ActiveSy...glish_setup.msi
- unpack and install Samsung modem driver (run setup exe)
- install ActiveSync 4.5, after that check if device is finding by connect to PC
II. Changing phone version to Netherlands (panateo method discovered)
- type on phone *#1546792*# (or run hidden program in WindowsAdminSettings.exe) to get to admin settings menu
- chose option "Preconfiguration"
- type password: *#81230*#
- select country: Netherlands
- select operator: Vodafone
Done, phone will reset.
III. Upgrading process
- run file i600UXXupdater.exe
- select English language
- connect i600 to PC (device must be found by ActiveSync)
- select all checkboxes and click "Verify device"
If You get message "Incorrect software version" , unplug and plug again usb cable, and click again "Verify device".
- after that you should se windows with information "Device id verified"
- on phone, there appear graphic information, to press and hold: "left menu" + "camera key"
- phone will restart and should run in boot mode.
If not, then turn off, and hold "power" + "right soft key" + "camera key / back key" to run boot mode
You should see updating on phone screen
On PC would be something like this
After all complete, wait (about 5 min) to load phone, and automatic preconfiguration.
Cardwell Plugin and Piscel Viewer is present
Pda/phone/eboot version: i600uxxgg2
It has other language to chose after install from regional settings
- new icons and look
- easier navigation and use contacts/calendar
- and many more
1) What to do if my phone is a brick by flashing with wrong rom?
2) What is the passoword for Internal menu in Admin settings?