Again, the guide is not optimal (sorry...but it's unfortunately true)
In blackhorse's case, the phone is not rooted, in which case you should go to Settings > Applications > Development and select 'USB Debugging'. Now, it is possible to access the recovery image on your phone's SD card through the command prompt on your PC.
If your have trouble finding the ORIGINAL recovery image (as of now, from nandroid-Hero_HTC_WWE_1.76.405.6_WWE.zip) using the 'nandroid-mobile-sh -r' command in the command prompt, you should try using lowercase letters (e.g. 'original'). In my case, nothing was found, when I wrote the name in uppercase.
Also, the guide doesn't mention that you should enter 'original' again and press Enter once prompted. Once you've done that, the flashing of the recovery image copied to the SD card will start.
I would edit/update the guide as follows (from step #9):
- On your PC type 'adb shell mount /sdcard' and press Enter.
- On your PC type 'adb shell' and press Enter.
- On your PC type 'nandroid-mobile.sh -r' and press Enter.
- When prompted for an image name type 'original' (which is the name of the directory you put on your SD right?) and press Enter.
- Once prompted, confirm the image name by entering 'original' again and then press Enter to accept the restore option.
- Wait for the image restore process to complete.
This is what should be displayed in your PC command prompt window:
/ # nandroid-mobile.sh -r
Using G1 keyboard, enter a directory name substring and then <CR>
to find matches or just <CR> to accept default: original
Using original string to search for matching backup directories
Looking for the latest backup, will display other choices!
Default backup is the latest: /sdcard/nandroid/HT*/original
Other available backups are:
Using G1 keyboard, enter a unique name substring to change it and <CR>
or just <CR> to accept: original
Restore path: /sdcard/nandroid/HT*/original
Verifying backup images...
flashing boot from boot.img
flashing recovery from recovery.img
Unpacking data image...
end of image
Unpacking system image...
end of image