Pocket Internet Explorer Download Plugin

Guest rcperez

Guest turturro

Hi RCPerez,

I have turned mad trying to download a swf file from my Smartphone. At first i tried to force the downloading from the server, but then i understood the limitation was on the phone.

After a large research in the internet , i found your plugin, build as a .cab, to enable downloads in the registry. Could you include the .swf files in the .cab application. I would really appreciate that.

Anyway, the thing i would neve understand is how Windows Mobile doesnt change the registry when you install the flash Lite... and why these guys from Mobile development just permit a couple of file types to download.

Thanks in advance.

Gerardo.

Edited by turturro

• 4 months later...
Guest JZ SmartMort
I have turned mad trying to download a swf file from my Smartphone. At first i tried to force the downloading from the server, but then i understood the limitation was on the phone.

Gerardo.

Gerardo, this is an easy registry modification. If you extract PIEPlugin.cab you can look inside the _setup.xml file and it will show you what happens at installation time. Here is an example... also explained on this post

What this means... use a registry editor like this one http://www.breaksoft.com/Blog/Utilities/20...try_Editor.aspx

Open up HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT node (takes a bit), go to "\swffile" (should have it if you installed Flash for Mobile) and add a DWord called "EditFlags" with a value "65536"

Edited by JZ SmartMort

• 7 months later...
Guest angeunique
As you well know your Pocket Internet Explorer (PIE) is very crippled especially in the download part, when you try to download a ZIP file it will state that the site is invalid. I made a little plugin that will allow you to download from any website using your PIE. The only drawback to this is that it will save in your IPSM.

If you don't have any associated file handler for a typical file type that is downloaded it will post an error after the download, (that's right after the download so you already have the file) but if for instance you downloaded a MP3 it will be automatically loaded in WMPlayer or whatever default player you have.

Download ZIP, MP3, EXE, DOC, MPG, MPEG, PDF, AVI, PDB, 3GP and RAR with your Pocket Internet Explorer.

How to install it? I tried to install one of them, after i tried the othe one, it does nothing! Do you install in SnapVue? I did and nothing goes! How to proceed? I already installed the SnapVue liberate, but i cannot install the internet explorer.exe I cannot find the manner to install. Everything is there in snapvue windows mobile EXCEPT internet explorer and Media player. How to do miracles? From Pierre B)