MPx200 2003 Upgrade Battery life: I think I have the answer!

Guest PDAZealot

Doing this can damage your battery. You should never try to discharge a Li-ion battery as you can cause perminent damage to the batteries capacitance.

Li-ion batteries prefer to be topped up unlike Noi-Cd and Ni-Mh batteries which did

need to be discharged due to memory loss.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He overfull the baterry, not let it empty ! :-)

This is differently ....

Upgraded my MPX 200 to WM2003 last week, horrible battery life, less than 24 hrs. Read through the forum and changed the channel settings, now battery seems to be lasting as before with WM 2002, ie several days

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What should I say ...

Bad hard reset ....

You baterry has to be 100% full.

And check the beam !! MUST be unchecked ...

Edited by svaca

Guest pete_thomson

I'm happy to say that I followed TBALL25's tutorial and all I can say is wow!

I powered the phone up at 04:30 this morning, I've fiddled with it a bit, synced it via IR, used the calendar, played a quick game of jawbreaker.I used to only get about 8.5 hours on standby (without making calls) yet nearly 12 hours later and the phone has only just dropped to 88%.

All I can see is thanks - I'd given hope of having a half decent battery life.

The C500 it aint (Damn that thing goes and goes) but an estimated 80-90 hours standby time is amazing. :D :D

I have a motorola mpx 200 with 820mah battery for about 5 months, i installed 3-4 month ago windows for smartphone 2003 on it, there was no battery life time decrase/incrase so my life time is about 55h normal i dont have the gsm fix installed i have the same life time in 2003 wich i haved in 2002, so my battery life was! gret till now, a day ago i instaled opera and telnet on my smartphone and the time life of the battery droped down to about 8h , i hade about 75 programs/games installed on the phone, today i charged the phone about 2 times and then i uninstaled about half of the programs and games to see if there is battery life time incrase, till now my phone is fully charged for about 30 min and the battery it's at 99% and i deactivated incoming beam's, so i donth now what could hapened to my phone, it was opera or telnet that f***** up my phone?colud a program drop life time battery? i did kill every thing in task maneger so that nothing is runing on my phone but the battery does go off, now i'm waiting to see life time with half of programs instaled and incoming beam off (so i repeat! the problems with the battery came after i installed opera and telnet) so i dont know is my battery going 2 die? or it was just to much programs instaled on my phone, i'll wait now and post when the battery is down and tell u the results.

And is there a mms client for smartphone 2003?i can't send mms with windows for smartphone 2003.

Edited by puffu

i also followed tball25s tutorial and i am happy to say there is an improvement.

i started off fully charged at 5AM made a couple calls, approx. 40min total. it is now 1:40PM and battery is 87%

:D :D

The CPU is not overclocked on the 2003 ROM.

Never heard of that before, where did you see this posted?

Battery life just fully charge your battery before doing a hard reset.

This can also depend on if you have been looking after your battery in the first place.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes it is, you can see that in BetaPlayer

Guest awarner [MVP]

That is showing the CPU not the actual clock speed :D

I have first hand information and I can assure you that the 2003 ROM

is not overcloacked in any way.

Guest Pondrew
...(using the phone until it went out, loading it)...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He overfull the baterry, not let it empty ! :-)

This is differently ....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Strange, sounds very much like he left the phone no until it turned itself out, ie, let the battery empty.

The processor in your MPX200s were always 132mhz. What I don't know is why the Betaplayer report would change from 120mhz

Guest someaznguyny

I'm not sure why you'd need to hard reset repeatedly...I just hardsetted once and battery life improved. I left the phone out for about 16hrs, and it was at 70%.

The best solution is to have a spare battery, like in my case, I use the phone alot throughout the day.

Guest FiReBReTHa
Okay, we have all been reading that the hard reset when battery was full fixed it, or the GSM-fix takes care of it.  Well, maybe it does for some, but it didn't for me.  However, I found one process that seems to work:

1.  Upgrade to 2003 on full battery.

2.  Do Hard Reset.

3.  Power up to 100% on battery.

4.  Apply GSM Fix to system.

Do you power up the phone after applying the fix? I kept my phone in the cradle, wouldnt it keep it powered up 100%?

5.  Power up to 100% on battery.

5.  Do Hard Reset.

6.  Make sure Accept Incoming Beams under the Settings>Beam category is turned off. 

Thnx

Guest kandeman

I never close my messages,

I listen to alot of music,

didn't do the hard reset trick

watch alot of movies

And still I can get 3 days or more out of my mpx200 battery... (standard)

Am i lucky ? 8)

Guest awarner [MVP]

Battery life can be affected by poor\dropped signal, if you have poor a poor signal where you live the phone could be searching more.

Another option could be that your battery is getting tired.

Going back to 2002 may not help your problem.

Battery life can be affected by poor\dropped signal, if you have poor a poor signal where you live the phone could be searching more.

Another option could be that your battery is getting tired.

Going back to 2002 may not help your problem.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My battery works much better under 2002.

Any other sufggestions?

apply the gsm fix.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Man. I have done everything this board or other boards are talking. Nothing works for me. Battery simply dies after 2 10 min phone calls. I dont use GPRS. no games, no video.

Snowman? do you mean Cartman?

As I mentioned before you could just have a tired battery.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes. I meant "cartman"

Can I fix that tired battery problem?