Sega GG + Nintendo GameBoy emulator for SP beta test

Guest bitbank

Guest agent.m
Hey i love the emulator and i think when it is finished i will buy it too ( if not too expensive :D )

Ohw i found a little problem: after i played a game all the icons in my start menu lose their alpha channel and transparency.

well spotted! I knew there was something different :P

Guest De-GeXte
well spotted! I knew there was something different  :P

Hehe thx :D I hope bitbank can fix it. Cuz it is quite annoying :lol:

btw to me it seems realy weird that a program does such a thing. How could it happen ?

@ bitbank , do you think you can fix the sound problems a lot of people are reporting ? I always play with sound disabled now cuz some games make the sound realy unbearable! :roll: Ohw and do you have a releasedate already ? you can make this version the first release and then make free updates for registrered users.

Guest bitbank

De-GeXte,

I'm really not sure where the icon problem is coming from, but I will try to track it down.

The sound problem should only be present in some of the GameBoy and NES titles due to the performance. I am working on some new ideas to speed things up and eliminate this problem. I don't want to have to sacrifice the frame rate (like SmartNES) in order to run at "full speed".

L.B.

Guest De-GeXte
De-GeXte,

I'm really not sure where the icon problem is coming from, but I will try to track it down.

The sound problem should only be present in some of the GameBoy and NES titles due to the performance.  I am working on some new ideas to speed things up and eliminate this problem.  I don't want to have to sacrifice the frame rate (like SmartNES) in order to run at "full speed".

L.B.

I think you're right about not sacrificing the frame rate. Your framerate is what makes your emulator better than others. I hope you can fix the sound problems cuz then your emulator will surely be worth the money.

Ohw gnuboy runs at half your speed and the sound is also crap, so your emulator is better already :)

Good luck coding... I'll check this forum regularly to see if you made a update to fix the icon problem.

Guest bitbank

Here's the to-do list before releasing the code:

1) Decide if SmartGear should support SMS + NES, or just GG+GBC. I don't want to release something that is half-baked and the NES code is not perfect yet.

2) Fix performance/sound of GBC (nearly done)

3) Create an installer (simple)

4) Work with the owner of MorphGear to get the website ready for sales and support of SmartGear. (not so simple)

Over the past few days I've made significant improvements in the performance of the GBC and NES code. I need to clean up the sound when the frame rate drops under 30/60.

Please help me decide how to proceed. Should I include the NES code even though it is not perfect? How important is SMS (shrunken) when GG titles cover 95% of the same games?

Thanks,

Larry B.

Guest Coolbox

I would be satisfied if I could just play gameboy or gamegear on my classic. But ofcause if you can manage to include the nes running nice then it wouldn't mind me. :P

About the sms I don't think I would be needing it so much. :)

Maybe you could make more than one program.

One includeing nes and one that dosn't. :?

Guest dnavarro77

I think the NES support would be nice to have. You can always allow updates to improv performance, but having it in there saves us all an extra program (smartnes) to install. One of the pluses of your emulator is it is a 4 in 1. That is a plus for me.

D

Guest amoali2

this software worked very good in my mpx200.

I want name of the best game in this emulator and address for download .

please help me and thanks.

Guest De-GeXte

Hey bitbank,

Here is your ToDo list but now rearranged to what i think is most important.

most important to least important (my opinion )

1) Work with the owner of MorphGear to get the website ready for sales and support of SmartGear. (not so simple)

Selling it is your goal so this point must be the most important one, i hope you keep in mind that lots of people dont have creditcards so plz find another way for us to buy your emulator too.

This is about the only - point i can find in your emulator. (not counting the icon problem) :)

CAB file is oke too, so no hurry on this one.

4) Decide if SmartGear should support SMS + NES, or just GG+GBC. I don't want to release something that is half-baked and the NES code is not perfect yet.

You could release it with only GG + GBC and make patches for registered users with more supported systems, when you think the code is oke.

I hope this helps you with your doubts

btw i'm very pleased to hear that you made improvements with the sound problem. I think this emulator is going to be great :P Is there any new test version going to be available soon ?

Guest PrettyUgly

i have an mpx200 and a mio 8390. thing doesnt load up on the 8390. on the mpx, the damn thing runs perfect. the only thing though is that when i load a sega master system rom, the game screen is off centered. so the exe will expire on sept 1 huh?? damn, soon as i get to a boss, the thing quits on me. you bastard!! LOL JK...

Guest Coolbox

ok thats why I had to stick to the right side of the screen before it moved....I just thought it was ment to be like that in some games hehe. :?

Guest rcperez
Here's the to-do list before releasing the code:

1) Decide if SmartGear should support SMS + NES, or just GG+GBC.  I don't want to release something that is half-baked and the NES code is not perfect yet.

4) Work with the owner of MorphGear to get the website ready for sales and support of SmartGear. (not so simple)

Over the past few days I've made significant improvements in the performance of the GBC and NES code.  I need to clean up the sound when the frame rate drops under 30/60.

Please help me decide how to proceed.  Should I include the NES code even though it is not perfect?  How important is SMS (shrunken) when GG titles cover 95% of the same games?

Thanks,

Larry B.

You could just include the half baked SMS/NES and a perfect GG/GB/GBC up for sales, specifying on the sales description just the GG/GB/GBC emulator of course. Just provide an update for the SMS/NES on future versions so that your potential clientels would have something to look for in the future :)

In terms of including other emulators in a single package, sales wise, it would be a great idea to put everything in.

Guest jimmybonsaville

Howdy all. Can i just say that ive been hiding here for the past 9 months and its taken this AMAZING release to bring me from the shadows haha. Im a lighting technician i program inteligent lighting and laser systems and my owd spv classic has been much center of attention with this gg/nes/gb emu. HOWEVER seems that theres some bugs that almost render my phone major pain in dee bum. etc the emu enables key click sounds after they been dissembled!!! slowing the phone down......BUT MOST OF ALL!!!!!!! i use my phone also as a alarm and since installing the emu my phone clock has been REALLY unreliable as if the phones beeen oced etc?? the clock has been running fast so i program it and i garantee after i play the emu the clock has progressed at tleast 20 mins!!! BUT great emu and i wish u luck but these problem is not good and u make me late for work cause of the time problem :)

Guest De-GeXte
i use my phone also as a alarm and since installing the emu my phone clock has been REALLY unreliable as if the phones beeen oced etc?? the clock has been running fast so i program it and i garantee after i play the emu the clock has progressed at tleast 20 mins!!!

And i thought the icon problem was weird :)

Guest bitbank

I really can't begin to imagine why the clock would be affected by my program. The original SPV had many strange bugs in the OS and this may be one of them. Have you tried running other games which use the full power of the CPU?

I thought the key click issue had been resolved already. I am currently checking the registry to see if you have key clicks disabled before changing that setting. If this is still not working, then I will add a checkbox to allow you to manually tell SmartGear to disable/enable key clicks.

I believe I have fixed the system icon problem. There is a system icon list which Windows uses to display the correct icon for all of the different file types. I was using this in the file selector, but apparently it screws up on some phones (mine never showed this problem). To fix this, I created my own image list with just 2 images (folder and file), so now the file selector is not as "pretty", but it loads faster and should not affect the system icons.

I will release this new build later today (with some other fixes as well).

Larry B.

Guest De-GeXte
I will release this new build later today (with some other fixes as well).

Larry B.

Great !!! Will this include the sound problem fix ? Cuz you said you made progress on that one! :)

i hope so

oh btw i dont have the keyclick problem on my SPV E200, just to let you know.

Guest bitbank

The new build (0.05) is up with the following changes:

1) Greatly improved sounds on GameBoy games which fall below the correct frame rate. I am still searching for a better solution, but for now this seems to work OK.

2) Fixed minor graphical bug in GameBoy code (windowed mode)

3) Improved performance of all emulators.

4) Fixed some games which were not working in GameBoy and NES emulators.

5) Removed the system image list from my file selector so the people that had trouble with "system icon corruption" should see it fixed.

Please let me know how it goes...

P.S. I realize many of you have been asking to purchase the code in its current condition. I will try my best this week to wrap up the remaining issues and begin selling the program.

Larry B.

Guest Coolbox

hmmm this one still has sound problems on my spv classic. It also makes my phon freeze in some games. Other games just don't start up.

I testet the speed of the games and it seems better. I can play nintendo games almost perfect now with sound and definitly perfect without sound. Would you like an email with more details?

In some gb games I can realy feel a difference :shock:

Guest De-GeXte

I noticed that the iconproblem is fixed :) very good

Also i hear an improvement in sound quality but its not perfect at some gbc yet. ive tested zelda oracle of ages and sound is better but still krrrkrr sometimes.

Hope you can make it perfect, that would be realy great :P

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest Coolbox

Do you think smartgear will work on the c500 cause I might buy one soon and do you have just a little hint about when we will se a release that can be bought?

It doesn't matter that you haven't finished it yet, I just can't wait to play the games for more than 2 min.

Are you also going to implement the ability to tilt screen sideways?