SPVNoiseBox - UPDATED 03/12 v0.9.2b

Guest bosshogg

Guest NIGHTMARE
What was Ferris famous for?

Ferris or fozzie?

If you mean fozzie, he is (PERSONAL ATTACK REMOVED AS MENTIONED BY awarner)to say the least, others have PM'd me saying the same thing.

So i did a google on him to see if i could find any gossip about him, the first thing that came up was about the corgi witch i thought was funny so their it is.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bosshogg

Hi everyone,

I've released a new version of the app today featuring looping and stuff :lol: , check out the first post for details and download!

andy

Guest lighthouse82

good stuff mate, loving your work. thanks for making keys invisibleable, now i just have full-screen pic of alan partridge and holy grail.

two bugs though:

1. occasionally it comes up with Error - exception code: 0xc0000005 exceptionAddress: 0x01d4a6d8 Reading: 0x4760ace5

it seems to do this when loading a board.

2. also when loading a board, i get an Error during loadConfig... OutOfMemoryException

any ideas?

Guest bosshogg

which board are you trying to load? one of the changes I made is that it now loads up all the sounds up front, whereas before it used to load them when you pressed a key. It might be that the total size of all the sounds in the set is too much now. Let me know and I'll see if I get the same thing here.

also which phone do you have? I've only been testing on the c500...

Guest lighthouse82

hmm, i don't know, the memory problem might have been because of total size. it was happening i think with the office after having used a few boards. i have converted the office sounds to 8bit so the whole thing is half the size, hopefully this will do the trick.

i enclose my new version of the office (credit to waltergilbert for the original version) and will be updating my own boards as and when i can be bothered. new version of michael jackass going up now.

(i'm going to borrow your version numbers so i and everyone knows instantly which version of your app it is optimised for.)

oh, and i'm using a crappy E200.

The Office v0.9.2.zip

Guest bosshogg

heh, bit of a schoolboy error there... :oops: ...it's not releasing the memory when you load a new soundset. If you load up a sound set, then look at the free memory in task manager, then load the same sound set again and check the free memory, the memory keeps going down. I'll fix this in the morning and have a new version ready by lunchtime.

I'd like to keep the app as backwardly-compatible as possible, so - unless you really want to - don't worry about updating existing soundsets, once this defect is fixed everything should be back to normal...

Guest bosshogg

thanks! look at it this way...this is why we have beta versions, right? :lol:

Just to keep everyone up to date I'm currently waiting for help from the Hekkus guy since what I think I should have to do to release the resource isn't working. In the meantime I've temporarily put the old version back up.

Guest bosshogg

Version 0.9.2b now available from the first post!

This fixes the OutOfMemoryException found by lighthouse82. The fix required changes to SPVNoiseBox.exe and also to the two Hekkus dlls (hss.dll and hssNet.dll), so a big shout out to Thomas over at Hekkus Sound System for sorting those so quickly! :lol:

Guest lighthouse82

For completists, i've updated grail and partridge boards on page 5; basically the only changes are creating a full-screen picture and removing the key displays.

Just noticed this thread and app!

Excellent work.

It only took nearly a year from my first idea posting!! :)

What i envisage is an application with a "effect set chooser" combo box type thing at the top of the screen that allows you to change between different sound sets eg "farts" - "guitar tuner" - "laughs" etc..  

The number keys would then be mapped to a set of WAV/MP3 sounds located in the relevant subfolder underneath the program.  

You could add extra "sets" by putting a new subfolder in the correct place. Each sound would have a name associated with it which would be contained within an INI file - also in the same folder and the name would be displayed on the screen next to the number.  

It all makes total sense to me...  

it could be used for quite a lot of stuff - not just making farty noises - maybe a little drum machine type thing?

Keep up the good work!

I'm off to predict the Lottery for November next year! :(

Just noticed this thread and app!

Excellent work.

It only took nearly a year frommy first idea posting!!  :)  

Keep up the good work!

I'm off to predict the Lottery for November next year! :(

Interestingly enough, I had originally requested this app over a month before you and I had no luck either! (link at bottom)

Too bad my new mpx220 is app locked so now I can't even use the program... which is why I stopped making soundboards... :evil:

Original request

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Mehka

8)

Hereby I present to you, my first contribution to the community :D: Smart Piano!

If there are requests for (any) other instruments let me know ;)

Also I have noticed that the SPVDrumkit doesnt have a kick, how can you make a beat without a kick? 8) hehe, ill add one later if its oke :D

post-119356-1114210338_thumb.jpg

piano.zip

Edited by Mehka

Guest bosshogg
Also I have noticed that the SPVDrumkit doesnt have a kick, how can you make a beat without a kick?  hehe, ill add one later if its oke

ooh, it does too...mapped to the "up" direction on the joystick ;)

thanks for the kind words!

• 4 months later...
Guest djleekee

After watching the latest series of ITV's X-Factor I had to make a sound pack featuring that woman singing, "Lotties at it again."

It's only a small pack but I will try and add others as the series progresses!

I cant stop singing that bl00dy line....Leekee's at it again....

XFactor.zip

• 5 months later...
Guest Skunkchild

This is a great little program :)

massive comedy potential

post-6031-1139879261_thumb.jpg

I made up a few replacement backdrops and have attached a silly cartoon sound scheme I've been using down the pub on my c600

soundbox.zip

Edited by Skunkchild

Guest bosshogg

good work, nice to know people are still having fun with this.

I've not done any work on this for ages (since I got an M500) so I've no idea how it looks on a QVGA display or a pocket pc device...let me know if anyone tries it and if it doesn't work so well maybe I'll update it to support these devices.

andy

Guest Skunkchild

I find it looks great on the QVGA screens - for some soundpacks I'm using the key display and changing the backgrounds to fit. The key display doesn't really need to fill the screen for me as I don't use the text descriptions.

It would be nice to stretch the load screen so that longer soundpack names are visible thoough.

Here 's a shot of the screen I made for the Napoleon Dynamite ones

post-6031-1139934842_thumb.jpg

Great little app , but , I'm having trouble the PeterKay.zip . I've downloaded it but cannot unzip it .It gives me all sorts of mesages , like , I dont have Winzip installed [it's lying , I have] files not supported etc. The only think I can think of is ,it's been zipped using a different version to mine . I am using v6.22. I downloaded it a second time and get the same errors even on a different PC. Can someone confirm that I need v 7/8/9 of winzip for this file to unpack ?

cheers chap's

Guest blueprint_bill

I'm trying to make a Family Guy set of sounds for noisebox, I've got all the ones I need and everything is more or less ready. The only problem is it's 11MB for everything in the folder. I was wondering if I could somehow lower the quality of the .wav files? I'm on a mac so if I need a program then it will have to work on Mac. I have Quicktime Pro if I could possibly do it on that, any suggestions?