C500 SimLock Toggling (Cost: £0.00)

Guest Zone-MR

Guest Zone-MR

simlock.jpg

Thanks to some invaluable efforts from itsme, and anonymous, our SPV C500 unlocking tool is now in alpha ;)

There are, however, some limitations, which we are working to resolve:

• Your phone must be an Orange C500. Do NOT run this on an AudioVox phone or ROM. Ignoring this may result in your phone becomming unusable till we add AudioVox compatibility.
  • Your phone must be application unlocked, and have our cert.cab file installed. This file should be included with the SPV-Services package. We realise this is a big limitation, again it's something we are working around.

Additionally, SPV-Developers or it's admins will not be held responsible for any problems caused by this tool. However, all changes made are 100% reversible, and we will do are best to help should anything unexpected happen.

To try this service, you will need to download the SPV-Services Client. The file cert.cab needs to be copied to your phone and executed. After this, run the SPV-Services.exe, and have fun :D

If you try it, please post your feedback.

Edited by Zone-MR

Guest Zone-MR
Why only the C500?

Because that's the phone all the developers who worked on this tool are using ;)

We are working on support for other Typhoon-based devices.

Edited by Zone-MR

Guest pierre

;) Great! Many thanks! Am only sad it came late and the other guys could make such lots of cash selling their unlocking solution. :|

Guest Zone-MR
Did not work for me i get the following output

Unknown lockstate

Can you use the "encrypted block analysis" button in the "Debugging tools" area of the software, and paste me the results you get in a PM (use CTRL+A and CTRL+C to copy the output)? What phone model are you using? Did you install the cert.cab file on it?

Edited by Zone-MR

Guest kyrkesmith

It just keeps saying "unknown lockstate" or something at me. I think I followed the instructions properly, but might have gone wrong.

Guest generationgav

Excellent!

The only question I have though, will this "rom unlock" the phone like the £20 solution or purely sim unlock?

Guest atonks
It just keeps saying "unknown lockstate" or something at me. I think I followed the instructions properly, but might have gone wrong.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same for me :?:

PM sent

Guest mavisdavis

Will this work on the new UK Rom?...

not that I know anybody with it installed :D

YEP IT WORKS ;)

Great work. If we ever meet at a meet I'll buy you all a drink ;)

Edited by mavisdavis

Guest Zone-MR

This is only SIM Unlock - the phone will behave as if it was unlocked by Orange.

The IMEI-check solution also sets the Carrier ID to 11111111 (OEM). This is easy to do, and we'll make a seperate service for this purpose shortly.

Guest atonks

Re-done it, and it says my phone is now unlocked. But I'll have to wait until I get home before I can try a diferent SIM card.

Assuming it works, well done guys. Good job! 8)

Guest mavisdavis

Yeh ;) tried IT on the updated ROM with a Voda and 02 sim and send and recieve calls, mms and txt

Once again WELL DONE guys

Guest ny-hardcore

thanx!!! worked!!

but question, i re-flash my phone, do I have to de simlock it again?

like the e200 rom sim unlock?

Guest Zone-MR
thanx!!! worked!!

but question, i re-flash my phone, do I have to de simlock it again?

like the e200 rom sim unlock?

Nope, it will survive a reflash ;)

If for whatever reason you want to lock your phone again, you can do so aswell.

:D Fine piece of kit, installed and works fine.... Thank you,

(if you get an invalid/failed sim message make sure you put new sim in right way round!! :oops: ;) doh!)