C500 SimLock Toggling (Cost: £0.00)

Guest Zone-MR

Guest noah30nl

many thnx for making such a nice and free prog.

unfortunately, its not working on my new spv c500 app unlocked.

i always get an error msg. any idea what cuases this?

this is the msg i get in the screen: unknow error -2447467259 in read option

simlock.jpg

Thanks to some invaluable efforts from itsme, and anonymous, our SPV C500 unlocking tool is now in alpha :o

There are, however, some limitations, which we are working to resolve:

• Your phone must be an Orange C500. Do NOT run this on an AudioVox phone or ROM. Ignoring this may result in your phone becomming unusable till we add AudioVox compatibility.

• Your phone must be application unlocked, and have our cert.cab file installed. This file should be included with the SPV-Services package. We realise this is a big limitation, again it's something we are working around.

Additionally, SPV-Developers or it's admins will not be held responsible for any problems caused by this tool. However, all changes made are 100% reversible, and we will do are best to help should anything unexpected happen.

To try this service, you will need to download the SPV-Services Client. The file cert.cab needs to be copied to your phone and executed. After this, run the SPV-Services.exe, and have fun :(

If you try it, please post your feedback.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• 2 weeks later...
Just tried to unlock c500, installed cab file okay. Tried to run spvservices and get a error message "unable to open the file.  The system returned the error Acess denied!"

I have unlocked the phone via orange web site and other application run okay.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Frazer

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are running the SPVservices from your PC right?

I only ask as I tried it from my h/s and it never worked than ran it from my pc and it worked.

Guest muffking

I think my problem may be with the phone, but when running Cert.Cab in the phone I get the message "Installlion failed. The program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have adequate system permissions".

I can run SPVservices.exe fine on the PC but it sows an unknown error- 2147467259, probably 'cos my phone won't run the Cert.Cab file ???

Help!!!

Guest bradmatejo

Worked for me without a hitch! I'm on my 3rd SMT5600 in the last month (various reasons) and it's worked on all 3. Just wanted to say thanks to those who made it possible for me to use my SMT5600 on TMobile!

Works on a Qtek 8100 phone, just remeber to remove application lock. Cause it is locked even though it dont seam like it.

btw. I LOOOOOOVE the SPV-Developers !!

Guest Jelte86
Works on a Qtek 8100 phone, just remeber to remove application lock. Cause it is locked even though it dont seam like it.

btw. I LOOOOOOVE the SPV-Developers !!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It worked on my T-Mobile SDA but what is that new menu item "CID tool"? And where is it for?

Had to application lock my phone first. Ran the Cert.cab on my phone and run the SPV-developers from my PC.

Tested my phone with my old Virgin SIM, and it worked first time. ;)

Well done guys, top marks all round.

Guest muffking
AWESOME!! Just unlocked my C500. Cheers guys!

muffking I was having the same problem, sounds like you have to App Unlock your phone too. I used this guide...

http://img230.echo.cx/img230/6825/applicat...nlocking8zp.jpg

Once you've done it, then do the Sim Unlock

Mark

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Job done. Quality peice of software this. Probably one of the most straight forward I've ever used.

I'm now using my Orange C500 unlocked on Vodafone, cheers.

I've just got to suss out how to remove the Orange boot up screen now ;)

Guest davyboy
Job done. Quality peice of software this. Probably one of the most straight forward I've ever used.

I'm now using my Orange C500 unlocked on Vodafone, cheers.

I've just got to suss out how to remove the Orange boot up screen now  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest chmod-uk

I've tried it and it works fine. Bought a c500 from ebay but was locked to orange.

Used passthrough to app unlock then simply ran the services app and it worked! Although my first try wasn't successful, probably because i hadn't registered my new orange sim card first. Anyway i'm now on my good old vodafone sim with "stop the clock"!

thanks very much guys, with a little effort it owrked a treat.

if anyone has any problems, try turnin the phone off and on again if you get an error code in the unlocking prog.

cheers.

Guest Calais97

Hi, iv got a problem. I just got my c500 UK Orange phone and needing to unlock it. Unoftunatly I dont think I can app unlock it. I havent got a orange sim to get into the phone to do so as im in Australia. Is there any way to use the unlocking prog using my Australian Optus sim? or will I have to pay the AU$50!!!

Thanks heaps, and keep up the good work.

Guest richardlai

Weird... the program just crashes (with the "Send Error Report to Microsoft" dialog appearing) after I clicked on the "login" button (after typing "AGREE"). Have tried disabling antivirus software (NOD32) and windows firewall and still no luck. The same happens with the CID Tool in the program. Any solutions?

Guest fluffcat1
Weird... the program just crashes (with the "Send Error Report to Microsoft" dialog appearing) after I clicked on the "login" button (after typing "AGREE"). Have tried disabling antivirus software (NOD32) and windows firewall and still no luck. The same happens with the CID Tool in the program. Any solutions?

I never got it to work with my SDA, are you trying to unlock your sda as well?

Richard

Guest richardlai
I never got it to work with my SDA, are you trying to unlock your sda as well?

Richard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's scary... Mine's a SDA too! But with the Qtek ROM. In theory it should work though... I've just downloaded the Orange Register utility program according to http://img230.echo.cx/img230/6825/applicat...nlocking8zp.jpg but for some reason the utility just closes down straight away after opening up. T-Mobile must hate Orange.

Guest samicharmed

It doesn't work on my phone. I've got a 4.21.1 ron version c500 and when I launch the application, it says "Encrypted checksum not found" I run cert.cab, I don't know what i'm doing wrong.If it cuased by the version ron. What can I do to get a normal version of c500? Can I unlock it without flashing the phone?

Please help me! I'm with the phone for more than a week and I couldn't use it with my company. Help me

Guest Terrapin

I'm not sure whether something has gone awry on your server but when i try to run the sim unlock it tries to read the encrypted data, seems to succeed and then gives an internet explorer "server not responding" type error page that takes up the whole of the spvservices window.

If this could be fixed I'd very much appreciate it. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest contagious_minds

SUPERB!! I've been searching for a util to do this for a while now - tryed many, but have all been not quite there!! until this one!! Easy as you like to do!!

Well done all that were involved in its development!!