SPVMan port for 550 - test version 4

Guest muff

Guest ajb3000
at one point (when the first devices were out) it was unlimited as the phones could only just do the 60fps

when the C500 was released I did a new version that fixed this, and the C550 version should include this

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It seems far too fast using the C550 exe in the first post.

BTW. What would happen if you ran the C550 exe on say an E200 with a lower res screen?

Guest Pondrew
It seems far too fast using the C550 exe in the first post.

BTW. What would happen if you ran the C550 exe on say an E200 with a lower res screen?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll let you know :)

doh!

I disabled the framerate capping so it was going flat out at some point and hadn't noticed

new version uploaded into first post - should be fixed now

Guest Pondrew
I'm assuming from the number of downloads and lack of complaints that this is now fixed?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My Voq was sent back for replacement/repair so I can't test the framerate cap on a faster processor then the E200. Will let you know when I get it back...

Guest Disco Stu
I'm assuming from the number of downloads and lack of complaints that this is now fixed?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would go so far as to say that this is the best version ever :)

Early testing on my C550 suggests I may actually get a decent score now !

I would go so far as to say that this is the best version ever  :)

Early testing on my C550 suggests I may actually get a decent score now !

so there is a bug then ;)

seriously tho, glad to hear it's solid now

• 2 months later...
Guest Pappagallo

Just to let you know, this version will not run on my I-Mate SP5M which has QVGA but runs on WM2005.

The original SPVMan however does run, although not full screen of course.

Guest Pappagallo
Hi Pappagallo

I'm hoping to make some time this weekend to make a test app that will do some diagnosis for me on the SP5 if you interested in testing for me?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sure, just let me know when it's ready, and I'll do my bit :)

P.S. will that also be of help for SPV Invaders which I can not get to run at all :??:

Edited by Pappagallo

Sure, just let me know when it's ready, and I'll do my bit  :)

P.S. will that also be of help for SPV Invaders which I can not get to run at all  :??:

once a fix is found it can be applied to both

my brain has been unable to let me forget this, so I sat down and looked at the code for SPVInvaders and SPVMan and my multi-purpose all platform engine

and after a few head scratching moments, I finally realised what the problem is

the 550 versions were written for the 550. and the 550 is 2003se QVGA - NOT WM5 (dont ask me why I had convinced myself the 550 was WM5, hires screen I guess)

the WM5 OS has changed the commonly used way of loading images, breaking apps that used this method

I've got a fix, just need to port that code into the 550 version to make it WM5 compatible

will get this done and uploaded next day or so ( assuming I can set it to oneside and not just do it right now :) )

muff

Guest Pappagallo
my brain has been unable to let me forget this, so I sat down and looked at the code for SPVInvaders and SPVMan and my multi-purpose all platform engine

and after a few head scratching moments, I finally realised what the problem is

the 550 versions were written for the 550. and the 550 is 2003se QVGA - NOT WM5 (dont ask me why I had convinced myself the 550 was WM5, hires screen I guess)

the WM5 OS has changed the commonly used way of loading images, breaking apps that used this method

I've got a fix, just need to port that code into the 550 version to make it WM5 compatible

will get this done and uploaded next day or so ( assuming I can set it to oneside and not just do it right now :) )

muff

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D/ ;)/ =D> =D>

You'll make me a happy guy if it works :D

Guest Pondrew

Well, there may have been glitches along the way but well done for leading the way again as far as supporting your existing software for new Smartphones.

Bravo that man! 8)