MoDaCo Summer Event 2005 C550 theft - SOLVED!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest mike-oh

Great work Paul and Co! :)

And hello cocky you theiving little oportunisitic twunt, i see you're reading this thread!

A.Hs like you are dragging this country down. :evil:

Guest Zone-MR
Good news at last. And well done to all involved in solving the crime (sounds like Zone-mr has advanced his knowledge along the way which has gotta be a plus!)

It was interesting to track down for everyone involved. Thankfully the logs contained just enough information to piece together evidence which identified the culprit.

I'm so glad the faqquer didn't get away with it - knowing an unknown member amongst our community is capable of stealing from a charity raffle caused quite a bit of distaste.

Edited by Zone-MR

Guest cortez

this is an excellent example of how anyone can be tracked down once you leave your "digital fingerprint" in cyberspace...

Edited by cortez

Guest Maxrom

The world can do without cretins like Cocky. I'm still fairly new to the smartphone scene, but from what I've seen so far, the majority of people here seem like decent honest individuals.

Congrats on tracking down this muppet, and handling the situation so well. I'm not sure if I could have remained so calm under the circumstances!

Guest agent.m
do NOT mess with MoDaCo :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dont mess with Paul more like it. "Im gonna ban your @ss for life" thats Gangsta talk. Its a good thing you didnt take him on a fishing trip ;) like in the Godfather :)

Guest Zone-MR
Its a good thing you didnt take him on a fishing trip  ;) like in the Godfather :)

Heh... I heard Paul made Cocky an "offer he couldn't refuse" to get the phone back. :twisted:

Edited by Zone-MR

Guest RafeAAS

As others have said I am very glad to see the culprit got caught. I still find it hard to believe anyone could that stupid and mean spirited.

Impressive tracking skills by Paul and Co. - that must have taken a bit of work.

Rafe

Guest pd.ryder

Well done to all involved :)/

Sounds like the cupid stunt needs councelling with a cricket bat :exclaim:

Edited by pd.ryder

Guest dolphinsmile

Peace has returned to the land of Modaco.

Ahhhh!

Please god let it be me.

Dont use the badges to pick a winner as the microsoft lady gave me my badge. I think she liked me =p~

Guest Confucious
but from what I've seen so far, the majority of people here seem like decent honest individuals.

This was my first meet, I'd never met anyone from on here before but I already knew that people on here are decent. For one thing they all seem to be intelligent and for another they want to help others - that gives you a good pointer as to what these guys are like. When I met the ones at the meet they were what bI thought, great guys. So I felt sick when thr phone was stolen, was I so wrong in my judgement?

Then I spoke to Paul who told me they thought they knew who the culprit was and it wasn't a regular. That put my mind at rest, and he was right.

It was great to meet everyone there, short of banning people who aren't regulars what can you do? And that would be counter productive because new users are always welcome.

Just like to say well done to zone-mr as well - we know you wouldn't use any info you held on us for anything except as sick as this. Thank you.

Guest dolphinsmile

Peace has return to the land of Modaco.

Ahhh!

Hope you don’t use the badges from the event to pick a winner as the Microsoft lady gave me mine.

I think she liked me.

=p~

Guest Radeon12345

Awesome, glad you cought him :) , very pleased he has been banned and hope we don't see anymore people that that here :evil:

Me runs off and locks up my C550 8)

Guest spb123

I went to the event on Saturday, the first I have been to. I have joined Modaco as a full paid up member as I felt there was a real great sense of community on here. I must say though that I feel bad I have not added much to it yet with many posts, I will try to make more of an effort.

The event was great and well worth going to. Thanks to Everyone who helped organise it and to Astraware for the games pack I won in the raffle :) (even more ways to use up the little time I have.)

I just hope that the actions of one person do not affect the great spirit on this site and make people less welcoming to new members. I still can't believe anyone going to an event like this would feel like taking one of the prizes. He should be feeling very lucky that the police were not called in.

Great detective work also guys.

Looking forward to the next event.

Cheers,

Steve

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Firstly - i am very happy this has been resolved. Unlike Paul i would have waited for the phone to be returned then turned the fknut into the police.

Secondly - in future we will of course be more careful with storage of expensive prizes (we've never had to before). However, if ANYONE pulls off a stunt like this again, i can guarantee i will not show as much restriant as i did on Saturday. I work extremely hard to put these events together, as do the people at MS and O, and i have absolutely no intention of letting one total scumbag ruin that.

Cocky - I know who you are, i remember (both of) you, if i ever see you walking down the street you'd better the hell be ready to explain youself.

That's all, heres to a happier future of the MoDaCo events.

Guest www.msmobiles.com
Yeah, I wouldn't mind the IP address too, especially if it's a fixed IP on a DSL line

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

These days changing and faking IP address and identity is easy - so any banning will not help much.

Pity that theft is overshadowing this whole event - :?: I hoped to see reports from this event with photos of video calling :idea: with HTC Universal and not theft hunting...

One last tip: main principle in thief catching is not to reveal how you caught them... but it's too late...

BTW: Leigh, have you been present in this particular Modaco event ?

Guest awarner [MVP]

It was certainly interesting watching all this evolve into finally pinning the muppet down.

Shame there are always one or two selfish buggers but as a community we beat the lot of them :)

Guest nickcornaglia

Nice detective work boys! I see this scenario in an episode of CSI or whatever detective-show-deJour is on over there!

Excellent story that should be picked up on other websites to show the effort of those investigating and the consequesnce/possible consequences of that type of game.

All very cool....BUT.....what was under AWARNER'S shirt!????

Edited by nickcornaglia

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.