Sonorix Bluetooth Headphones ROCK! GET THESE!

Guest Austin519

Guest TigerNet
Yep, just ordered them! Bah!

Now for Sale, HP Bluetooth Stereo Headphones, mint, work fine with any device with A2DP (e.g. iPaq, Blue Angel or A2DP desktop)... I look after my gadgets, all acessories n bits included, including original box.

A snip at £30 + delivery...

;)

P

...uh...I assume that's an eBay auction...didn't think we were allowed to sell stuff here any more...

Cheers

Nick

Guest UniqueTouch

Congrat Paul.

I thought I'd let you road test yours before I take the plunge and order mine.

What's it like with your sp5?

Are you able to control WM10 on the sp5 from the headset via bluetooth?

How big is the dongle?

And what does the dongle actually do?

Thanks

Edited by UniqueTouch

Guest Paul [MVP]

I'm finding the sound very good with my SP5.

Since the dongle just plugs into the headphone port (you'll need to get a lead seperately tho), you can't control WMP with the controls on the headset.

The headset converts a 3.5mm jack to a bluetooth audio signal, and also (I didn't realise this) can be plugged in via USB to your PC and becomes like a 'Bluetooth Sound Card'. Very neat.

Wish the SP5 had A2DP tho :)

P

Guest UniqueTouch

Ahh I see.

Does the dongle allow you to use A2DP then when connected to the output jack of the sp5?

If you don't use the dongle can you control WM10?

Sorry for the silly questions.

Guest Paul [MVP]

The dongle is basically an A2DP dongle as far as I can work out, and i've not tried controlling WMP without the dongle, as the quality isn't acceptable.

P

Guest Pondrew

Paul, do you still have an HTC Magician? Because according to Imate specs that is the only HTC device that is bluetooth 1.2 compliant (which is apparently required for A2DP). I'd be VERY interested to hear if any of the HTC Magician's can use these Bluetooth Headphones without the dongle and get full quality stereo...

Guest Paul [MVP]

There is no A2DP support on the Magician i'm afraid... just about the only device of that type you can get it working on is the M2000 (aka Blue Angel) devices, with their Broadcom BlueTooth stack.

In a nutshell, no device using the MS stack does A2DP at the moment except for the forthcoming Samsung i300.

On a seperate note, I have the Globalsat Wireless Music stuff on it's way to me (http://www.globalsat.com.tw/english/products.php - stereo audio gateway and stereo bluetooth headset) - will report findings!

P

Guest Pondrew

Wahoo! Really should get to know my own device better. Knew it had the Broadcom stack but didn't think it was Bluetooth 1.2 compatible (I-Mate say otherwise) so didn't think it could handle A2DP.

Will try and confirm that. If I do might just have to get a pair of these headphones :)

Guest Paul [MVP]

You need to install the High Quality Audio patch on it tho, which comes with the HP Headphones.

With regards to where else you could obtain it, who knows...

P

Guest Paul [MVP]

Now i've had them a little while and got over the initial loveliness of the design and implementation, I can't decide if the sound quality is good or not... :|

P

On a seperate note, I have the Globalsat Wireless Music stuff on it's way to me (http://www.globalsat.com.tw/english/products.php - stereo audio gateway and stereo bluetooth headset) - will report findings!

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you recieve it yet? Howcome you bought it -not satisfied with the audio dongle thats coming with it?? I am maybe purchasing a pair of the Sonorix without the audio dongle -so I'm curious to hear of these..... Also the price?

And how are the Sonorix -are they still worth it? :-)

Guest dculbert

Just bought a pair and got them delivered from BlueUnplugged. Only thing is the Bluetooth Phone Dongle doesn't come with it as standard (Part Number OBA-0210). Which means it becomes a glorified bluetooth headset!!!!!! And can I find anywhere to purchse the item??? Can I f**k!

Plus - I can't return the headset because BlueUnplugged will say they won't accept them back on health and safety grounds (been worn)!

Anyone any idea where I can get hold of one of these dongles?

Cheers

Dave

Guest Austin519

Grrr not getting reply notifications on my email for some reason...sorry for the delay in replying guys...

UniqueTouch:

Although Paul's already replied I thought I'd reemphasize...you cannot control your phone functions with this headset...that's a shortcoming of WM, both 2003 and 2005. The dongle, since it can only hook up via stereo plug to the phone, can't either. The dongle though is an A2DP receiver as Paul said, and as such you can synch it with anything that takes A2DP. From the looks of it, the Globalsat Bluetooth Stereo Audio Gateway does the same thing and even looks very similar.

Paul:

I'll still have to say, I'm pretty happy with the quality of these, and I'm comparing them to some Fontopias. They're not perfect, but for a wireless self powered pair of headphones, they're the best I've seen. Especially considering how extremely small they are. I just need to go grab a super short mini headphone->headphone cable. You found one Paul?

dculbert:

I would go see if I couldn't buy the dongle from the manufacturer (first page's link)...he's a nice guy and will probably help you out. Why you didn't buy direct though, I dunno...

Austin519

Guest dculbert

Thanks for the reply Austin 519.

Randomly I thought that buying the headphones in the UK from blueunplugged would have meant I would have got the headphones quicker (they actually came next day). Also Randomly, I assumed that having the same part number that the pack would contain the same equipement!!!!! Upon closer inspection I have purchased the OBH 0100 and the pack your reviewing is the OBH 0110.

It's always in the 1's and 0's innit.

Have e-mailed back - I think they thought I was after a dongle to control handset functions, not audio. Will see what they come back with.

If you could possibly forward the contact details you have I'd really appreciate it if I don't get any luck with Mr. K.H.Choi who I'm currently speaking with.

This kinda stuff always happens to me ye know.

Guest assisttechnology

Assist Technology - Sales and Support

http://www.assisttechnology.co.uk

A quick introduction - My name is Adam Tuffs, i am posting on behalf of Assist Technology's Sales & Support Team regarding the Sonorix Stereo Headset (OBH-0110)

The Sonorix OBH-0110 (with Audio Dongle) is one of the latest Bluetooth Stereo Headset/Headphone combinations available on the market.

Sonimg004_125.jpg

It has a detachable microphone (shown below)

Sonimg007_125.jpg

The Neckband style Headset is foldable for easier storage (shown below)

Sonimg001_125.jpg

The Audio Dongle (sender unit) is discreet and provides the functionality to plug in to practically any analogue audio device to provide wireless stereo sound to the headphones.

Sonimg005_125.jpg

Supplies are now available from Assist Technology Ltd. in the UK.

Visit our website for more information on the headset and other services we offer, you can also purchase the headset from the website.

Payment is done through PayPal, but we do accept cash and/or cheques.

You can contact us on:

+44 (0) 845 128 0139

We always welcome feedback, and any received will reviewed and possibly end up on our website (with the permission of the sender).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest UniqueTouch

OK guys, I have now got myself this lovely piece of kit.

Really impressed with it. Excellent recommendation.

One thing though...as the imate sp5 does not support A2DP, how can I play mp3s through the headset using BlueTunes?

I've tried and although voice calls work fine, music from media player still plays through the speaker.

Please help !

Thanks

Guest assisttechnology

Hi there,

If your phone does not support A2DP then we would suggest you use the audio dongle and plug it into the jack socket on the phone. This will allow you listen to audio in stereo using the Sonorix OBH-0110 headphones through the player of your choice on the phone.

The Assist Technology Team

Edited by assisttechnology

Guest UniqueTouch

Excellent, thanks - I totally forgot about the Audio Adaptor. Tested it out and it works great!

One more thing, hope you can help...I have a usb bluetooth adaptor on my pc.

I paired my headset with the pc (shows in my bluetooth devices panel) but the headset still flashes the blue led, and I can't anything to play through it.

Tried it via my laptop and same thing. Do you think my USB Bluetooth adaptor coud be faulty?

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Guest assisttechnology

Hi there,

Could be one of a few things, not discounting the fact that your USB Bluetooth Adapter may be faulty (although this is most unlikely).

It is more likely to surround the services and profiles that your Bluetooth Adapter is set-up or capable of providing.

The long and the short of this one is that you need to find out how (with the software you have) to not just pair the devices but to enable the relevant service (or profile) for the Sonorix pairing you have created. Your Bluetooth Adapter 'should' support both 'Headset' and 'AV/Headphone' Services. What you will need to do is work out how to enable this. Usually you will be able to select the service and then create a shortcut which you may like to store on the desktop so you can just enable the link when you want to. You should be able to do this for 'Headset' and again for 'AV/Headphone' this way you can change between them easily.

Sorry this one isn't the easiest to explain without example pictures, but I hope it gives you the information you need.

If you would like a better explaination please e-mail as at [email protected] and let us know the manufacturer of the Bluetooth Adapter you have.

Best Regards

The Assist Technology Team

Edited by assisttechnology