My joystick is dying :(

Guest chedmaster

Guest mini_man

I just got off the phone with orange and they were really good, Hey guys apparently the newer models have dust free screens!!!

They were amazing and he answered all my questions, he sed id get it a new 1 on tuesday but thats because its sunday today but i think it will come tomoz.

All you need is the phone and nothign else just call 450 and press 2 twice and complain.

Im gonna get a new gleaming phone! mines all scratched and horrible but it also means i will have to reinstall everything again :evil:

Im gonna get a new gleaming phone! mines all scratched and horrible but it also means i will have to reinstall everything againĀ  :evil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The key to owning a C550 is to

a) Install apps to the miniSD

:) Activesync your contacts list

trust me, its been a lifesaver

lol :-)

K

Guest mini_man

yeh i mean all the themes and settings and stuff thats needed to be on the phone.

Wow there delivery is good its coming between 6 and 8 so that 24 hour service!

nice one orange (hopefully ill have a new rom as well)

I need to ask a question guys, my joystick is working at the moment because its tempremental do you think they will notice?

Guest mini_man

incredible!! they came at half 7!! i now have a gleaming new phone but they gave me a dirty battery cover with a rub marks on the side???

i was stupid enough to leave the battery in though and the guy took it with the phone i gave him but i ran after him and got it back.

Dont hesitate guys its an amazing service

they told me to keep everything except the phone (battery cover and all) and yet they still gave me a new battery cover with both of my replacements!!!!!

so if anybody wants one, i now have 2 spare battery covers (silver)

just pm me and i'll be happy to send it on

K

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sponge

Well this is encouraging. The joystick on my C550 has been playing up for quite a while. It's mostly the 'down' stroke that doesn't respond.

Initially I thought it was the case that was interferring, as it seemed to work if I pushed a little harder or to one side. But if still happened after I took the case off.

I think I'll give Orange a call later. Hopefully they won't try it on with their 'return it to the manufacturer' tosh.

Guest RufusA

My "down" has been getting more flakey by the minute, so thought I try Orange CS.

Spent 28 mins on hold before giving up, then remembered that as a small Business Customer I get a special CS number to dial (other than the usual 150).

Problem dealt with within 3 mins of dialing, and replacement phone scheduled to be delivered to my home address tomorrow evening!

Thanks to the OP for highlighting the issue, as I'd probably have just lived with it and cursed the phone.

Only slight worry is that I've had to replace the fascia (cracked outer screen), so hopefully this won't have voided the warranty for me!

Rufus.

Guest nevawlkalone

Not only has my joy stick become perdantic....The battery is becoming increasingly poor and the alarm is failing to...was late for work 'tuthta morning because of it!

EDIT: spelling

Edited by nevawlkalone

Guest w411y

My mother upgraded to a C550 and kept her old handset while I nabbed the C550 off her. Thing is my joystick is also dying (Down button and pushing in) but I think Ive had it over 6 months now. What would happen if I ring up Orange to tell them its playing up? I would ring up myself but I dont much sound like my mother (I hope) and when I ask her she just doesn't want to fuss about

Guest mini_man

You can just state all the details and they wont really care Its not you I dont think, As you are over the 6months they will tell you to send it to HTC as you are under their 12 month warrenty but im not sure if they charge you or not.

The HTC warrenty will only repair though where as orange will replace.

Its worth a try but just not saying that you are out of the 6month warrenty.

Good Luck Sam.

Guest w411y

When I rang to ask how much the C550 would be on upgrade they wouldnt even tell me even though I told them I was her son and told them her Orange password :|

Ill persuade her to try later

Guest mini_man
They said I had unlocked and changed the network to voda, so I can't have the warrenty any more.

Sigh.

assuming your joystick is broken, did you say it was unlocked? mine was unlocked and it doesnt affect the warrenty at all as its your choice.

Guest fluffcat1
Only slight worry is that I've had to replace the fascia (cracked outer screen), so hopefully this won't have voided the warranty for me!

Rufus.

If you followed the 'special method' you should be OK, but HTC read these forums so I'd be careful what you type to keep your warranty valid ;)

( They have pointed people here to find me to buy parts on 5 or 6 occassions )

Richard

Guest fluffcat1
they read these forums and yet they havnt fixed the bugs and havnt released updates.

HTC *Europe* read them anyway. I doubt HTC WM engineering in Taipei have any time to read anything - the rate new models seem to fly out of there they can't be doing much else than design / make them....

Richard

Guest mini_man

oh gr8 its playing up again!! this time its my right movement.

this was my first replacement, but no prizes for guessing who im on the phone to right now!

Guest trimy

I never use orange's network service, so I could check my account.

And I don't want to lie.

The only thing I want to say is that Orange do not pay responsibility to its product.

I should have returned it in the first 15 days.

Edited by trimy

Guest pd.ryder

I think you'll find this is a once-in-a-while / frequent-replacement issue due to dirt and dust getting under the joystick. I'm onto my 3rd replacement now.

Thank the heavens for Sprite Backup ;)

I guess I'll be onto model no.4 before long ;)

Guest mini_man

Well so far I havnt got dust anymore under the screen as theyve sealed it properly its seems, so thats one problem fixed.

hopefully they will fix the joystick as well.

Btw wot is sprite backup??

Well by tuesday I will have a brand new phone with a brand new 2gb memory card.

Its like christmas ;)