Best codec/settings for movies

Guest bigpete

Guest SilentlyScreaming

To save modaco a little bandwidth, and for those of you still on dial up, here is his screenshot as a JPG...

Thanks for the info btw...

post-57458-1137972801_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

OK, got it...

The problem seems to be that the option is no longer availible in version 0.3.51 and 0.3.60 which I was using all the way...

Will write the author and ask if/why it has been removed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest zahid123

hello, im quite new at this,

does anyone know how to put a movie on my spv c550, because i have put the film on my phone but went it cums to play it it will say "file unsupported". plz can some1 help me by giving some steps to follow.

thank you

Guest pd.ryder
hello, im quite new at this,

does anyone know how to put a movie on my spv c550, because i have put the film on my phone but went it cums to play it it will say "file unsupported". plz can some1 help me by giving some steps to follow.

thank you

What file format is the movie in (such as .wmv, .avi, .mpg and so on) and what application are you using to play it? Let us know and we'll have you up and running in no time ;)

Guest zahid123
What file format is the movie in (such as .wmv, .avi, .mpg and so on) and what application are you using to play it? Let us know and we'll have you up and running in no time ;)

hi fnx 4 the reply,

the format of the film which is on my phone is avi. i used pocketdivxencoder to compress my movie. once i had finished that i had put the film on my phone an it said that file unsupported. i don't know what has gone wrong. plz can u help me as soon as possible. i wnt the format to be compressed from avi to 3gp which will work on my phone. :P

Guest pd.ryder

WMP on the C550 won't run .avi files. You'll get better quality running the .avi itself using TCPMP (The Core Pocket Media Player) to play it. You'll probably find your 550 will run TCPMP without needing to be 'unlocked' as many of them were shipped in this 'unlocked' state direct from Orange - the 3 I've had all ran it without any problem or further jiggery-pokery.

I find TCPMP to be far superior to WMP for audio and video files due to the mirriad of file types supported (there's even a codec for Apple's AAC if you look in the right places ;) ) and it'll do saveable playlists on the fly as well.

You can d/l the smartphone version direct from the author's site HERE and there's links to other codecs and conversion applications too.

The other alternative is to load the .avi into Windows Movie Maker and save it as a .wmv file which will run on the phone's WMP, although this probably won't be optimised for playback at the required resolution (dunno - haven't tried it :P )

Let me know how you get on.... ;)

Guest zahid123
WMP on the C550 won't run .avi files. You'll get better quality running the .avi itself using TCPMP (The Core Pocket Media Player) to play it. You'll probably find your 550 will run TCPMP without needing to be 'unlocked' as many of them were shipped in this 'unlocked' state direct from Orange - the 3 I've had all ran it without any problem or further jiggery-pokery.

I find TCPMP to be far superior to WMP for audio and video files due to the mirriad of file types supported (there's even a codec for Apple's AAC if you look in the right places ;) ) and it'll do saveable playlists on the fly as well.

You can d/l the smartphone version direct from the author's site HERE and there's links to other codecs and conversion applications too.

The other alternative is to load the .avi into Windows Movie Maker and save it as a .wmv file which will run on the phone's WMP, although this probably won't be optimised for playback at the required resolution (dunno - haven't tried it :P )

Let me know how you get on.... ;)

thanx for the reply so ill i have to do is go on the link an download TCPMP. is that right.

thank you

Guest pd.ryder

I hope posting a live link is ok. Click on this link to download TCPMP FOR SMARTPHONE When the page loads, click on tcpmp.smartphone.0.72RC1.exe, save it to some where you'll remember, then run it on the PC with the 550 connected by ActiveSync. That will install TCPMP on your phone.

If it won't run from the menu, let me know. You might need to application unlock the phone. That's easily sorted too.

;)

Edited by pd.ryder

Guest zahid123

thanks 4 everything, i av put the movie on my fne an it wrk great. thank you

do u know any centre numbers for 02 genie by any chance??

Guest pd.ryder

MoDaCo has a complete Settings Repository for every network known to man, it seems.

Take a look here

You can find these and many more useful topics by using the SEARCH function within the top banner on the site.

Guest zahid123
MoDaCo has a complete Settings Repository for every network known to man, it seems.

Take a look here

You can find these and many more useful topics by using the SEARCH function within the top banner on the site.

i ment is that do u know any centre numbers that allow you send unlimited txtz

thank you

Guest zahid123
Erm, no.

thanks 4 trying anyway.

the other question i wud like to ask if u dnt mind is that y is my internet not workin wen i have put the 02 sim in. i have got the setting from modaco, but it still won't work.

have u got any ideas??

Guest pd.ryder

Off topic now. Post in the Help & Advice area or better still perform a search as I'm sure there's information about this on the forum.