PicoDrive 0.52 an updated version for PocketPC/SmartPhone

Guest masterall

Guest masterall
Thanks for your info, i got a new strange problem: the buttons work, but they are also still mapped to their phone functions. i.e. if i press the phone contacts button (mapped to "b" button) the action mapped to b happens in the game, but also my phone contacts are opened. Z80: maybe you want to look @ picodrive n for uiq where z80 is emulated ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you mean the function key still activate the assciated program on a Pocket PC? Actually I have not test it yet. I will check it out later.

Yeah, the source code of picodrive for symbian or uiq will be of help with improving sound compatibility. But I can't find any.

Guest djtwok

The Symbian Uiq Version with Z80 Support can be found here:http://my-symbian.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24550 (you have to register first to acess the forum). Maybe the author will give you the source.

About my problem: I have five buttons (Phone green, Phone red, Calender, Contacts and one center button). When I press "Calender" i.e. the action mapped to this button happens in the emu, but also my calender got opened. This wont happen with the original Picodrive which supports no sound. The second strange thing, when pressing a direction button, it´s like i´m pressing it a few times at once (i.e. not one time up but the character jumps 5 times like i pressed the button 5 times very quick).

Guest CharlyV

Version 0.043

It seems this version (560.640) is newer as the version 0.0.43 (551.424*) from chinese board.

Some games like Sonic 1 doesn´t work with new version. With older version*

it works.

Edited by CharlyV

Guest masterall
Version 0.043

It seems this version (560.640) is newer as the version 0.0.43 (551.424*) from chinese board.

Some games like Sonic 1 doesn´t work with new version. With older version*

it works.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Really! Well, it has some small fix such as the battery-baced ram reading fix and add support for gzip format rom. What you exact mean for doesn't work? Is black screen appeared when loading the rom?

Guest masterall
The Symbian Uiq Version with Z80 Support can be found here:http://my-symbian.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24550 (you have to register first to acess the forum). Maybe the author will give you the source.

About my problem: I have five buttons (Phone green, Phone red, Calender, Contacts and one center button). When I press "Calender" i.e. the action mapped to this button happens in the emu, but also my calender got opened. This wont happen with the original Picodrive which supports no sound. The second strange thing, when pressing a direction button, it´s like i´m pressing it a few times at once (i.e. not one time up but the character jumps 5 times like i pressed the button 5 times very quick).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When you get problem with keys try to use 3-button instead of 6-button. The 6-button compatibility is not very good yet.

Guest greenwood

Version 0.43 doesn't work for me at all. PicoDrive just freezes after any rom is opened on my C500. Previous version opens all of them without any problem.

Guest CharlyV
Really! Well, it has some small fix such as the battery-baced ram reading fix and add support for gzip format rom. What you exact mean for doesn't work? Is black screen appeared when loading the rom?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I send you a e-mail.

Guest CharlyV
Version 0.43 doesn't work for me at all. PicoDrive just freezes after any rom is opened on my C500. Previous version opens all of them without any problem.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try to zip the rom and load again.

Guest greenwood

Thanks. This helped ;)

I found another problem. I'm playing Flashback and load/save state works quite strange in this game. Saved state somehow always remembers my last movement till the position I died (but the state was saved before) and replays it after load without possibility to do anything. If open the game in older PicoDrive, load this state, save it again and then open it again in masterall version, state is loaded without "replay".

Guest masterall
Thanks. This helped  ;)

I found another problem. I'm playing Flashback and load/save state works quite strange in this game. Saved state somehow always remembers my last movement till the position I died (but the state was saved before) and replays it after load without possibility to do anything. If open the game in older PicoDrive, load this state, save it again and then open it again in masterall version, state is loaded without "replay".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, this is a bug I knew already. I'll try to fix it soon.

Guest masterall
@masterall

Thanks for the fixed version 0.043a !

Now I am waiting for the gsGetFile.dll support.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that won't be long ;)

I work on the nes emulator these days.

Guest Jamma14
I think that won't be long ;)

I work on the nes emulator these days.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How about the gba emu? Hows that coming along? ;)

Guest masterall

Jamma14:

When I finish add some mapper for PocketNesterPlus in this week, I will move to the GBA emulator optimizeing and debuging.

Wolf Loner:

Pacific Theater of Operations still does not works, it reset automatically when you enter the main menu. I have not try Operation Europe yet.

Guest Smartastic

when will other games have sound(z80) ? , i think it should be possible for a lot of megadrive games to have sound and music and still run at a decent speed !

Guest masterall

Smartastic:

Yeah, I hope to add sound for most games and without appraent speed decrease.

d0pefish:

I will add VGA support definitly, and with some other smooth stretch algorithm.

Guest djtwok

After first using the emu there were already all buttons configured. is there a way to set to three button mode (i.e. deleting a config file) ?

Guest kevinsephiroth

all of my sonic roms are clean (tested on picodrive by parallax) but strangely here they just show a short black screen then return to the home screen....

Guest masterall
all of my sonic roms are clean (tested on picodrive by parallax) but strangely here they just show a short black screen then return to the home screen....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tested sonic 3D, it runs well. Other sonic I havn't tested yet. Which SmartPhone do you use?

Guest kevinsephiroth
I tested sonic 3D, it runs well. Other sonic I havn't tested yet. Which SmartPhone do you use?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

SPV C600