SIM Unlock MPX 200 for free :)

Guest njitram

Guest cinnamon

I had upgraded my phone to WM 2003 a long time ago. I liked one of the original WM 2002 ringtones, so I got a copy of it and put it in my phone. The ringtone stayed just fine and was used for a couple of years.

I successfully unlocked the phone with these instructions, however, ever since I unlocked it, it resets my ringtones. I reverted to WM 2002 to unlock, then upgraded (agaiin) to WM 2003. After unlocking I copied the ringtone over to my phone again. It accepts it and works fine - until I restart the phone. Then it deletes it and sets an entirely different tone for the ring - which I can't hear. I've missed a bunch of calls.

Does anyone know what is causing this and how I can fix it?

Thanks,

Cinnamon

Guest phonesmarts

I've been gone for awhile now, and once I came back, I find this topic. :)

It worked quite well, even with the leaked WM2k3 ROM I had on my phone. There wasn't any problems at all after the install (no deleted files and the like). But I was wondering, once I can upgrade to WM5 or downgrade back to 2k2, will the SIM unlock reset itself? I'm not sure it will overwrite this modded firmwire once I get WM5 or 2k2.

Anyway, many thanks to njitram (for the topic) and rasoul (for the guide)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Jonathan for this great tip:

"Just wanted to let you know that the unlock works great, although I did

need to tweak your instructions a little bit in regards to loading the

Smartphone driver, you need to literally select the driver from your zip

file, and to not allow the system to use it's own version, once I did this

it worked flawlessly."

cinnamon, I'm not sure about your problem. I've never heard of anything making you lose ringtones... And I haven't upgraded firmware to know if that has something to do about it. anyone else have a similar problem?

Edited by rasoul

Guest awarner (MVP)
I successfully unlocked the phone with these instructions, however, ever since I unlocked it, it resets my ringtones. I reverted to WM 2002 to unlock, then upgraded (agaiin) to WM 2003. After unlocking I copied the ringtone over to my phone again. It accepts it and works fine - until I restart the phone. Then it deletes it and sets an entirely different tone for the ring - which I can't hear. I've missed a bunch of calls.

Does anyone know what is causing this and how I can fix it?

Thanks,

Cinnamon

where are you saving your ringtone files? Sounds like you are trying to save it in the main Windows directory, this directory gets rewritten on every reboot of the phone and so any non standard files will be deleted from here.

• 1 month later...
Guest dodding nonkey
Oh well, I'll just have to try it and see. I'll post the result on here so that others may follow(or not if it all goes horribly wrong...)

You will all be pleased to hear that I've finally plucked up the courage to carry out a hard reset, and, (Drum Roll) it stays unlocked! ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest moody.alastor

I've used the process and it all went all right. I am using WM2002. Anyway, now I insert the newer sim card and it does not recognise it. It says: Insert SIM. Emergency calls only. What could have gone wrong?

Guest moody.alastor
I've used the process and it all went all right. I am using WM2002. Anyway, now I insert the newer sim card and it does not recognise it. It says: Insert SIM. Emergency calls only. What could have gone wrong?

Sorry I should add - it never said it was unlocked. I just managed to successfully create newsim.IMG and flash it into the phone. That's what I mean by it all went ok. But why is it asking me for the SIM card when there's one in?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BREZTECH

Hi all,

Just read through all this topic and was wondering....

Has anybody tried the process using W2K Pro? and any outcome from it!

I have 2 MPx200's and 2 PC's, i mostly use W2K because i prefer this system but have W98SE on the other. (For my UNLOCKING software)

When time permits i may get a chance to try a few experiments!

BREZ

• 8 months later...
Guest confusedkid

im having truoble unlocking my mpx200

when i get to the last step to use the motorola mobile upgrader it doesnt ask me to open a file, it asks me to open a folder which i cant acess the newsim.img

Edited by confusedkid

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Hawkeye

Just tried this on old mpx200. Couldn't get past step two on pc, tried on older laptop and worked a treat. Inserted vodaphone sim and instantly picked outstanding text messages. Great work tnx

• 3 weeks later...
Guest damystica

Hey, thanks for the unlocking software...but I have a little problem. Even though the phone is unlocked, and I am able to access T-Mobile network, I can't manage the contacts on the SIM or save new phone # to my SIM card. Anyone having this problem, please post your comments. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Guest pug3000

Hi firstly thanks Rasoul for the time and effort you've put into this fix,

.... and it's worked for me too, after a few tries, but there is one big problem that I'll leave for another post.

From my experience I would use the two update from the first attempt as on laptop 1 (XP sp1) all worked upto creating "oldsim.raw". After that failed I lost the ???? button, and couldn't get it back. So I switched to laptop 2 (XP sp1) and used the two updates from the start of this forum. That's creating the dummy "oldsim.raw" text file then over-writing it, and using .RAW instead of .raw in the command prompt. Both these things should do not harm so even if for some reason you didn't need them it should still work but it avoids having to make too many atempts and needing to change computers.

Remember this is with "XP sp1"

Guest pug3000

<_< Now onto problem

I've posted this seperatly to avoid confusion,

The mpx200 I've got was bought for really cheap with another phone from a carboot sale. Unfortunatly when charged the phone still had it's password on so you get to the windows desktop screen with an 'unlock' at the bottom left. I've tried the usual 000,0000,111,1111,1234,... etc. but nothing. The password could be upto 27 characters so I'll never guess it and no way of asking the previous owner now. Had this problem with a nokia in the past and used a 'master code' and turned off the password.

I had hoped the unlock procedure would have cleared the password but it's excepting other sim cards but with the password request.

Does anyone know a way around this, like a 'master code' of some kind?

I'd really appreciate it.

Edited by pug3000

• 8 months later...
  • 5 years later...
Guest whitestar

I know this is an old thread, but I've just found my old MPX200 & would like to use it as a backup phone. However it's locked to Orange & the link on the first page isn't working anymore, does anyone have the unlock software or know where I could get it.

Many thanks