Orange SPV C600 AKU2 Update Released

Guest eelco_akker

Guest eelco_akker
Does A2DP work? .... anyone?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AD2P is not included in this rom, it will be in AKU 2.2, scheduled for this summer :cry:

Eelco

Guest jporch316

OK - C600

1. If i install patch/update - will previously installed programs such as smartexplorer, pocket word pad, kevtris, pocket tv etc still work - or will i have to app unlock phone.

2. Is it worth waiting for Orange to release patch on non business section of site - or is this not going to happen.

cheers

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

I doubt there will be a different version release. Some of those apps will work, others wont (kevtris is the most likely not to). You can app unlock your handset at the SPV unlock site (see Smartphone help and Advice stickies) however it almost certainly will fail, at which point you are provided with an email address and instructions to obtain an unlock app for your specific IMEI. Works a treat and i got a reply this morning after emailing on Friday.

Guest ElGato65
ElGato - Let me know when the world stops revolving around you.

Anyone know if music can now be played through your Bluetooth Headset or through the speakes of your car if you have a bluetooth system installed?

Thank you to anyone that can give this question a proper reply.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wasn't aware that it was, nice to know that it is though, and I will certainly let you know when it stops so you can get off. :roll:

Was mearly stating I didn't know how to tell, and had I got a reply explaining how to test I would have quite happily done so.

Edited by ElGato65

Guest jtheun
I doubt there will be a different version release.  Some of those apps will work, others wont (kevtris is the most likely not to).  You can app unlock your handset at the SPV unlock site (see Smartphone help and Advice stickies) however it almost certainly will fail, at which point you are provided with an email address and instructions to obtain an unlock app for your specific IMEI.  Works a treat and i got a reply this morning after emailing on Friday.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kevtris works well, even without app unlocking. Phew. However, I am still waiting for my app unlocking instructions after emailing them on Friday...

Guest ElGato65
,Mar 13 2006, 16:50]I doubt there will be a different version release.  Some of those apps will work, others wont (kevtris is the most likely not to).  You can app unlock your handset at the SPV unlock site (see Smartphone help and Advice stickies) however it almost certainly will fail, at which point you are provided with an email address and instructions to obtain an unlock app for your specific IMEI.  Works a treat and i got a reply this morning after emailing on Friday.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would guess that for what ever reason everyone will get the answer I got and guessing again what you got, and that was "Invalid IMEI", but I too got a fairly quick response to my email and receoved my "application unlocker" this morning.

Feels good to fiddle and feck again with the registry.

Edited by ElGato65

Guest wahblow

I have done the update and have noticed the new improved 'Comm Manager'. Can anyone tell me what the '3' does. It is the icon with the envelope

Guest bleep

ive got my patch from developers and installed it and make it to disabled and I am still unable to run the registry program.. im getting errors thats its not digitally signed.

any ideas.

Guest ElGato65
ive got my patch from developers and installed it and make it to disabled and I am still unable to run the registry program.. im getting errors thats its not digitally signed.

any ideas.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think they must have specifically blocked that particular signed app, but you can still use Mobile Registry Editor, and I guess Resco, although I haven't tried Resco.

Guest jtheun

My phone is now unlocked again (through the email route with Orange Developers). Phew! All is well (and Kevtris is working...) except for my thinkoutside bluetooth keyboard. The driver installs, but fails to start up when the phone starts. It says that the driver cannot be loaded (on boot-up)

Anyone else having this problem? Or got your thinkoutside keyboard to work?

Guest cldchc

Hi all, i have upgraded my spv c600 to new AKU2 ROM. Phone is sim unlocked so it work for me. I've tryed to application unlock my phone by changing regedit value as usual (key 1005 and 1007 under policies string, with regeditSTG HTC signed) but retrive a message like this: access denied, program doesn't have digital signature.

I can't install cert.cab to decertify phone with SpvServices.exe (same message by phone).

I've tryed to use http://developer.orangews.com/orgspv/comdef.aspx

but i'm living in italy and without an orange sim installed i can't use actionregister.exe (from orange) to register phone imei to orange network and unlocking phone by site.

I tryed also send a request to [email protected] with my imei number and my details thinking they send me security.exe file to unlock phone but never response.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks

Guest cold_fire

Upgraded my C600 with the AKU 2 update and all is good .I have a problem with my memory card ,and i do not know if it may have to do with the update .I previously used a 256 MB TwinMos MiniSD and worked very well .I bought a 512 MB Kingston MiniSD and the problem is that if i try to copy a large quantity of data ,i tried ~ 150 MB the transfer stops and the phone blocks ,after copying some amount of data .I tried several times and there is no pattern ,it does not stop in the same point .I tried the card in my digital camera and it works well .May it be that my phone does not "like" tha card or ? Thx . ;) :??: :??: :??:

Guest cold_fire
the kingston cards do not work well/compatible with the SPV's - sandisk miniSD or Crucial mini SD cards work well

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thx for the answer ,i will try and see if with another SPV the problems are the same .

Guest spvc500callme

Is there any sites online which offer push email to the SPV c600 or any devices which support this technology.

So I can forward my emails and use push email on my C600

Many thanks