I-mate SP5 ROM Officially Released today !

Guest rmastbro

Guest Pagemakers
Nope. You can disable Wifi going off in the Wifi settings.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But if I do that wifi says on and eats the battery.

If wifi is enabled and the phone is sleeping wifi should be used when the phone connects to update the pop email account. It should not use GRPS and it still does.

Edited by Pagemakers

wifi is also now easier to setup than before but for some reason no anti virus software on the WWE pack... ;)

Edited by Tech

Guest Sgt_Strider

I have a Qtek 8310 and I just downloaded the i-mate_SP5_NRE_2.5.333.1.zip file. Can someone here post instructions on how I can safely flash my Qtek ROM to the Imate ROM? When Qtek releases their AKU2 update, will I be able to flash it to a Qtek ROM? Thanks!

Guest derek_k

Well I upgraded my SP5 without any problems...

Everything works pretty much as before. Biggest noticeable changes are wifi network name display on home screen and change to comm manager.

I was hoping that the java runtime would be improved, but it doesn't really look like any significant changes. There is a new splash screen, however, and it looks like the default font size in midlets is now smaller (and actually harder to read). This can be adjusted in the registry fortunately.

This is very subjective, but I think the phone boots a little quicker now. In everyday use I can't detect any changes in speed/responsiveness. I will however say that data is loading a bit more quickly in IE. I'm not sure if that's due to changes in IE itself or faster data connection...

I was interested in the mic volume being raised, as that's a problem I've experienced in the past. In my subjective tests, I would say that it is indeed improved (other party has an easier time hearing me if I speak softly)... which is good.

Good updgrade overall - but I want A2DP still! ;)

Guest Vulpix

No one willing to help those stuck with the old Qtek ROM? I have yet to find a proper step by step guide on changing the CID/SuperCID of our phones...

Guest mistervybe

how the heck do i configure push email???i dont seem to have any app on my phone to do this....been looking...help!

i have an sp5m i download 2.6 from the ftp do i need to install 2.5 instead?

any other files to download from the imate site?

Edited by mistervybe

yup IE is faster no doubt - better management for data connection imho

sadly I am getting the "your phone is running low on storage space" and I havent installed much!!!!!

only thing:

.NET CF 2.0

Anti virus (their own)

and thats it!!! but before I didnt have this stuff, could be because of emails via activesync - still trying to get the configuration so it stores to storage card as before but it aint working ;)

Guest philletourneau

Quick couple of questions, I'm very new at the HTC Wizard game.

I have a new unlocked Cingular 8125, can I use this ROM on it? I'm a Canadian user on Rogers network.

Second question, do I use the

i-mate_SP5m_WWE_2.6.331.2.zip

or

i-mate_SP5m_WWE_2.5.331.2.zip

I'm hoping to use the push email with exchange 2003 sp2, and get the update to the file manager, gotta be able to send files by bluetooth!

Thanks so much for the help guys!

Guest roma0803
Quick couple of questions, I'm very new at the HTC Wizard game.

I have a new unlocked Cingular 8125, can I use this ROM on it?  I'm a Canadian user on Rogers network.

Second question, do I use the

i-mate_SP5m_WWE_2.6.331.2.zip

or

i-mate_SP5m_WWE_2.5.331.2.zip

I'm hoping to use the push email with exchange 2003 sp2, and get the update to the file manager, gotta be able to send files by bluetooth!

Thanks so much for the help guys!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

None since the ROM's are for the Tornado models and not for the Wizard.

Guest BennyBoy

The ROM is back up on the ftp download.....

The i-mate site says that the ROM is still waiting for operator approval for Australian and New Zealand users and will be released when this has been completed. Mentions a time frame of a couple of days before public release.

Guest rmastbro

Can anyone explain this ????

From the calendar view (month) how do you know what month you are in ? Can't remember on the previous version of the ROM where the month (name) was located?

Is this a bug ??

calendarissue0nz.th.jpg

Edited by rmastbro

Guest roma0803
how the heck do i configure push email???i dont seem to have any app on my phone to do this....been looking...help!

i have an sp5m i download 2.6 from the ftp do i need to install 2.5 instead?

any other files to download from the imate site?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just activate it in the comm manager. If the Exchange server is set up right (the i-mate server is), it will get your email automatically.

Guest leobg
No

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't seems get my TomTom working since the update. TomTom seems get stuck on the welcome warning screen. Anything specific I should do?

Guest Pagemakers
Can anyone explain this ????

From the calendar view (month) how do you know what month you are in ? Can't remember on the previous version of the ROM where the month (name) was located?

Is this a bug ??

calendarissue0nz.th.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mine shows the month. eg: May 2006

Guest rsearley
I can't seems get my TomTom working since the update. TomTom seems get stuck on the welcome warning screen. Anything specific I should do?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ensure you turn bluetooth on, on the phone BEFORE starting tomtom, else everything seems to hang

Guest dan.ardelean
Ensure you turn bluetooth on, on the phone BEFORE starting tomtom,  else everything seems to hang

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You might be missing the file CurrentMap.dat in the folder \My Documents\TomTom (after you updated the ROM the content of My Documents folder was deleted)

Edited by dan.ardelean

Guest nastassja

after rom upgrade tomtom is working fine here too...

at the moment everything is working fine, but i still have like problems to see a 5-6 mb's avi? the sound goes fine but the video keeps stopping and stalling, and even worst with tcmp! is there anything i can do to improve this?

Guest Thetechnogeek

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You need to pair your GPS device before running TomTom 5.2 for the first time, otherwise it does hang on the 1st screen. This has been covered before for other AKU2 upgrades.

Guest roma0803

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Put a file in the My Documents/TomTom folder on your phone (not card). Any file will do. TomTom will start normal. After that you can delete the file in the folder since TomTom put it's info there.

Guest leethacker
Mine shows the month.  eg: May 2006

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mine too. It should normally show the month where you have the Bluetooth and Edge indicator. Maybe the Edge indicator registry hack causes this false behaviour?

Guest niacin65
Mine too. It should normally show the month where you have the Bluetooth and Edge indicator. Maybe the Edge indicator registry hack causes this false behaviour?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think so. I have the Edge reg hack on my sp5 and I can still see the month in my calendar. I think he is having issues with his homescreen. It's an XML thing where his icon bar is still showing, probably due to the color scheme or backround image he has chosen.

Guest derek_k

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah mine is fine too - I'm using wwe on my sp5 with the edge hack and the calendar et al works fine.