WM5torage

Guest Ingvarr

Guest Ingvarr
that doesn't work on my htc cruise (wm 6.1)

the device is detected but no disk appears

if i check read-only a disk appears but there is no files and the disk space is 0 kb

wm5drvlog.txt

This is the problem of all Qualcomm chipset-based devices due to non-comformant USB port driver.

Beta 4 is available.

- Fixed a bug with non-working (invisible) checkmarks in Troubleshooting menu, also a bug with two-way card corruption protection is fixed.

- Fixed a bug with invalid storage device icon in Windows Explorer.

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest tomme45i
Can anyone tel me if it's working on:

1. HTC HD T8282

2. HTC Trinity = DoPod D810

New version are working very well on HTC Trinity.

@ Ingvarr do you mind if I translate your program to Polish version?

Guest slider34
that doesn't work on my htc cruise (wm 6.1)

the device is detected but no disk appears

if i check read-only a disk appears but there is no files and the disk space is 0 kb

wm5drvlog.txt

i have the same problem....

Guest tobbbie

On my VDA V (HTC S710) the -ß2 drivers worked as announced, but the later ones (3,4) are not working in the mode "2-way, no-read-only".

It works in "2-way+read-only" or "non 2-way".

Guest Ingvarr
On my VDA V (HTC S710) the -ß2 drivers worked as announced, but the later ones (3,4) are not working in the mode "2-way, no-read-only".

It works in "2-way+read-only" or "non 2-way".

Please specify in detail what does "not working" mean.

Also please provide wm5drvlog.txt from the file system root.

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest tobbbie
Please specify in detail what does "not working" mean.

Also please provide wm5drvlog.txt from the file system root.

Not working is easy: Thse USB export does not deliver the card content. The drive appears in the Win-XP explorer, but card is not accessible. Looking at the lights it shows a very slow blink, contrary to usual fast blink when accessing the directories for scanning the content from XP. I'll update the post when I have the logfile at hand.

Edit: upload done

wm5drvlog___2___4.zip

Edited by tobbbie

Guest Ingvarr

Please try Beta 5 in original post.

If it will not work, provide the log again.

Its possible that your phone is not compatible with two-way PC write access feature (with beta1&beta2 it will access disk, but memory card file system can be corrupted if phone will write to card along with PC).

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest tobbbie

Hi Ingvarr,

...sorry to say that also ß5 does not work in 2-way mode for the VOX. It seems that only in this case the card is opened in a different way compared to 2-way-read-only or 1-way (exclusive USB). The logfiles are attached again.

bye

tobbbie

:-)

wm5drvlog.zip

Guest Ingvarr
...sorry to say that also ß5 does not work in 2-way mode for the VOX. It seems that only in this case the card is opened in a different way compared to 2-way-read-only or 1-way (exclusive USB). The logfiles are attached again.

Unfortunately it seems that Vox can not protect the card from writing on the PDA side. Without this, two-way mode with PC write access can not be used.

Guest tobbbie
Unfortunately it seems that Vox can not protect the card from writing on the PDA side. Without this, two-way mode with PC write access can not be used.

Why is ß2 working with that? I tried to write from the phone and it did not work as well - so it seems "protected" also there. Which scenarios should I avoid in case of ß2 use on the VOX? Writing to SD-card from that side is an exception anyway when connected to the PC via USB.

Guest Ingvarr

B2 has a bug in protection routine. I won't be responsible if you corrupt your card with it :(

Your phone firmware is reporting that it can not protect the card. If it protects it after all, this a bug in the firmware (spurious error return). But I can not just ignore the protection error report, it can cause problems for people with properly made firmwares.

OS can write to FAT and directories (for example, updating access times) any time. If PDA and PC will be allowed to write them in same time, this can easely corrupt the core file system structures.

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest tobbbie

Can you suggest a suitable set of tests that I can do to cross-check if the card is protected for device-writes, despite you get reported that is is NOT protected? I also wonder which part of the OS would be responsible to report this and if it is worth to check different ROMs or components of those.

Is there nobody else that checks for this on his VOX device?

Could it depend on the card as well (I use a 8GB class6 SanDisk)?

Edited by tobbbie

Guest ioannis

just installed b5 and was testing two-way.... ((Disabled read-only)

should files added to the card through the pc appear and be accessible on the card through the pda (htc touch) while WP5torage is active ?

Guest Ingvarr
just installed b5 and was testing two-way.... ((Disabled read-only)

should files added to the card through the pc appear and be accessible on the card through the pda (htc touch) while WP5torage is active ?

Two-way is not a replacement for ActiveSync, this is primarily to allow people to still use some semi-static data (ringtones/etc) from storage card while using it in mass drive mode. Files written by USB will not immediately visible by Windows Mobile, and vice versa.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest MAPGPS

Ingvarr,

WM5torage is indeed a very powerful tool.

I have successfully used it together with WINDOWS XP Partition Management to re-partition the flash ROM on my amsam M810.

My M810 device is equipped with 1GB flash ROM, and initially 870MB for the user partition. But the data on the user partition will be lost after a hard-reset.

So I decided to re-partition it as 133MB for the user partition, and the rest of 729MB as an Extended ROM partition (displayed as folder "\Mounted Volume" on M810) to store my applications. The data on Extended ROM partition will be saved even after a hard-reset. This Extended ROM partition is also very useful for some key applications, such as the GPS Thief Protection.

post-524748-1239524376_thumb.jpg

This is OK on my M810, but failed on my another Mio A700 device.

After more digging, I found the differences:

WM5torage on M810 shows 2 storage devices for the flash ROM, while A700 shows 1 storage device for the flash ROM.

I used the pdocread tool to show the partition info of flash ROM.

Here is the M810 partition info:

C:\Scoter Kitchen\Utilities\TOOLS\itsutils> pdocread -l

60.00M (0x3bf1000) TRUEFFS ---> Firmware

| 1.37M (0x15fc00) Part00 ---> XIP0 of Firmware

| 1.88M (0x1e0000) Part01 ---> XIP1 of Firmware

| 56.69M (0x38b1000) Part02 ---> CE OS of Firmware

870.00M (0x365b0000) DSK2: ---> System

| 133.32M (0x8552400) Part00 ---> User Partion (folder "\")

| 729.48M (0x2d97bc00) Part01 ---> Extended ROM partition (folder "\Mounted Volume")

1.90G (0x79b00000) DSK1: ---> SD Card

| 1.90G (0x79ae1200) Part00

STRG handles:

handle#0 c77f6212 1.90G (0x79ae1200)

handle#1 e795ab52 729.48M (0x2d97bc00)

handle#2 27a7c25a 133.32M (0x8552400)

handle#3 87a7ccfe 56.69M (0x38b1000)

handle#4 47a7ca4a 1.88M (0x1e0000)

handle#5 67a7ca26 1.37M (0x15fc00)

The partition names match the storage device names showed on WM5torage: TRUEFFS, DSK2: and DSK1:

post-524748-1239524490_thumb.jpg

Here is the A700 partition info:

C:\Scoter Kitchen\Utilities\TOOLS\itsutils> pdocread -l

50.00M (0x3200000) TrueFFS

| 1.06M (0x10fc00) Part00

| 1.63M (0x1a0000) Part01

| 44.94M (0x2cf0000) Part02

| 2.38M (0x260000) Part03

66.38M (0x4261200) TrueFFS

| 1.06M (0x10fc00) Part00

| 1.63M (0x1a0000) Part01

| 44.94M (0x2cf0000) Part02

| 2.38M (0x260000) Part03

1.90G (0x79b00000) DSK1:

| 1.90G (0x79ae1200) Part00

STRG handles:

handle c23768c6243.95M (0xf3f3600)

handle e3f29aba 66.38M (0x4260000)

handle c3f666d2 2.38M (0x260000)

handle 83fabfd2 44.94M (0x2cf0000)

handle e3fabeca 1.63M (0x1a0000)

handle c3fabea6 1.06M (0x10fc00)

The partition names partially match the storage device names showed on WM5torage: TrueFFS and DSK1:

But missing the second partition (66.38MB, with the same name TrueFFS). That is to say WM5torage can only view the first partition which is the firmware, but not the second partition which is the user partition.

post-524748-1239524508_thumb.jpg

I guess the reason is that WM5torage use the partition name to identify the storage devices, not the device STRG handles.

Ingvarr, could you update WM5torage to support device handles in case of duplicate device names?

MAPGPS

Edited by MAPGPS

Guest Ingvarr
I guess the reason is that WM5torage use the partition name to identify the storage devices, not the device STRG handles.

Ingvarr, could you update WM5torage to support device handles in case of duplicate device names?

I am not aware of the way in WM API to open disk store for direct access without referring to it by name. Yes, you can enumerate all stores and see that there are indeed two with the same name, but you cant actually open store from inside enumerating.

All disk devices addressed by names, not by "handles" you mention here (that seem to relate more to internal FS stuff - WM5torage does not work on such low level).

Guest Ingvarr

Version 1.89 Release Candidate 1 is available

This one should fix issue with Vox being unable to write-protect card in two-way mode (if it indeed can protect it).

If no new issues found, it will be finalised into final release.

WM5torage_189RC1.CAB

Guest tobbbie

Still the same for the VOX unfortunately - no two-way mode possible if the USB connected PC shall be able to write to the card. Read-Only and exclusive modes are ok. This version does no more create (or write to) the wm5drvlog.txt file - so no new info can be delivered.

Guest MAPGPS
I am not aware of the way in WM API to open disk store for direct access without referring to it by name. Yes, you can enumerate all stores and see that there are indeed two with the same name, but you cant actually open store from inside enumerating.

What I mean is to use the handle of a store already opened by WM, not to open a new handle to a store by WM5torage.

The pdocread tool used in my previous post can access a partition either by name or by known WM handle (-h option).

pdocread tool and its source code (written by itsme on XDA-Developers) can be found from here.

ITGetSTRGHandleList() may be a reference.

Another problem I encountered is:

I have 2 partitions on a store (an internal flash ROM store or a SD card store).

With WM5torage option "Removable Class" ticked On, I can only see the first partition on PC side via USB.

With that option ticked Off, I can see both partitions on PC side, but strange things happened:

The files I copied into the second partition on PC side are not able to be seen on WM side by file manager, but the storage space reported by WM storage manager is indeed reduced to reflect the size of storied files.

I have tried the partition type of primary or extended/logical, but no luck.

All of them are OK if I only operate (read/write files) that 2 partitions on WM side only.

I guess the PC side (mapped by WM5torage) and WM side are referring 2 different FAT tables for the second partition, as I even can copy a file with the same name but different contents into that partition again on WM side although I have already copied it on PC side. But their contents are different I viewed from PC and WM respectively. That is to say the same file name has different contents in it. If I delete it from WM, I can still see it from PC by WM5torage!

If WM5torage lists all available partitions instead of just the list of stores, the problem of multi-partitions of a store may be resolved.

As you know, more and more people use large capacity of SD card (4GB, 8GB …), and they want to partition it into small partitions (2GB) to overcome the SD capacity limitation of some devices.

MAPGPS

Edited by MAPGPS

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.