More external clocks?

Guest Untouchab1e

Can't get the file SdkCerts.cab to work. Says file is corrupted.

Sorry for just now responding, don't get over to Modaco but about once a week.

Anyway, that's odd that it's corrupted, I can click it and it downloads fine but I haven't tried to use it to install on the phone.

If you can PM me w/ an email address, I'll email it to you tonight. I'll also try to re-upload it.

Chris

Guest My_Immortal
Sorry for just now responding, don't get over to Modaco but about once a week.

Anyway, that's odd that it's corrupted, I can click it and it downloads fine but I haven't tried to use it to install on the phone.

If you can PM me w/ an email address, I'll email it to you tonight. I'll also try to re-upload it.

Chris

It downloads just fine but when trying to install it on the phone, it ends up with a message about unsuccessful installation. And when I try to open it on my PC, it says it's a corrupted file.

So, it is indeed corrupted for some strange reason...

I PMed you with my mail address.

Thank you in advance.

Chris the news are not good...

The file is still corrupted and it won't install on the phone or open on my PC.

:)

Sorry for the delay again, just noticed your message this afternoon.

I'll have to pull the CAB fill out of the SDK again, I'll re-email it to you this weekend. The one I emailed you is right out the working directory where I have my edited DLL files and the CAB. I even copied it to my phone from there before I sent it to you and it installed fine.

BTW...have you app unlocked your phone, that could be the problem...dunno, but if it's not app unlocked, you might not be able to install that CAB on there.

Chris

Guest My_Immortal
Sorry for the delay again, just noticed your message this afternoon.

I'll have to pull the CAB fill out of the SDK again, I'll re-email it to you this weekend. The one I emailed you is right out the working directory where I have my edited DLL files and the CAB. I even copied it to my phone from there before I sent it to you and it installed fine.

BTW...have you app unlocked your phone, that could be the problem...dunno, but if it's not app unlocked, you might not be able to install that CAB on there.

Chris

Thank you very much for your effort, I totally appreciate it! :)

I have application unlocked my phone actually.

The weird thing about the CAB is that when I open it on my PC using Winrar and I try to

open the _setup.xml file or even extract it, I get a WinRAR pop up saying: The archive is corrupt.

That's why I thought it has something to do with the cab itself, since it's not functioning whether

on the SP nor the PC.

Anyway, take your time! You've already done much! :D

Iris

Just emailed you another copy, maybe it got corrupted in the upload process. I'll check into that, but in the meantime, try the last one I emailed you. I pulled it right out of the SDK tool directory today when I was at work. I just tried to open it on my laptop tonight and successfully extracted the setup.xml file that was inside it...seems fine.

Let me know how it goes.

I've grown tired of the 'blue' bluetooth icon, so I'm probably gonna be editing again soon to replace that image w/ a plain white BT icon again...and may work up another version w/ a different clock, just for grins.

Chris

Guest My_Immortal
Just emailed you another copy, maybe it got corrupted in the upload process. I'll check into that, but in the meantime, try the last one I emailed you. I pulled it right out of the SDK tool directory today when I was at work. I just tried to open it on my laptop tonight and successfully extracted the setup.xml file that was inside it...seems fine.

Let me know how it goes.

I've grown tired of the 'blue' bluetooth icon, so I'm probably gonna be editing again soon to replace that image w/ a plain white BT icon again...and may work up another version w/ a different clock, just for grins.

Chris

I just tried it and it works!!!

Thank you so much! :)

I will be looking forward to your new achievements! :D

I just tried it and it works!!!

Thank you so much! :)

I will be looking forward to your new achievements! :D

Cool, glad that worked. I must have corrupted the CAB in the FTP upload, maybe it went up ASCII or BINARY and it needs to be the other. If anybody else needs it, yell, and I'll email it. I'll try to get it re-uploaded when I have time.

Didn't get to mess w/ the clock and stuff last weekend, maybe be awhile, I have a few home projects to complete before I'll have time to get back to messin' w/ my phone.

Chris

• 1 month later...
Guest kingbear2
Cool, glad that worked. I must have corrupted the CAB in the FTP upload, maybe it went up ASCII or BINARY and it needs to be the other. If anybody else needs it, yell, and I'll email it. I'll try to get it re-uploaded when I have time.

Didn't get to mess w/ the clock and stuff last weekend, maybe be awhile, I have a few home projects to complete before I'll have time to get back to messin' w/ my phone.

Chris

I know this thread's been dead for a while, but I was just browsing through and got my phone to work fine with the Mod'd DLL file. Firstly, the download you post for the cab file of the cert is corrupt, so I found a place to download here: http://www.navizon.com/downloads/SdkCerts.cab

Also, I got sick of the blue BT icon but more importantly, the VoiceMail display on the external screen is gone, so when I get a new VM the only way to know about it is to open my phone. I would rather see a weird A charachter than nothing at all. What would be amazing would be if you can get it to display the VM icon with a normal word underneath like "New VoiceMail". If you could post a DLL like that, together with the original BT icon and Cingular E icons, I would really appreciate it.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest hylton
I know this thread's been dead for a while, but I was just browsing through and got my phone to work fine with the Mod'd DLL file. Firstly, the download you post for the cab file of the cert is corrupt, so I found a place to download here: http://www.navizon.com/downloads/SdkCerts.cab

Also, I got sick of the blue BT icon but more importantly, the VoiceMail display on the external screen is gone, so when I get a new VM the only way to know about it is to open my phone. I would rather see a weird A charachter than nothing at all. What would be amazing would be if you can get it to display the VM icon with a normal word underneath like "New VoiceMail". If you could post a DLL like that, together with the original BT icon and Cingular E icons, I would really appreciate it.

Hey, sorry, don't get over here much. But, that'd be nice if I could find a way to do it. But beyond swapping out the resource images, I can't do much else w/ the DLL. The resource images are easy to swap out. But, the code inside the DLL that makes it all work is stuff I can't edit, or at least I don't begin to understand it. I guess anything is possible, but editing anything beyond the images is out of my league at this point. When voicemails are left, there isn't even any resource 'text' w/in the DLL for that, it's coming from the network or further in the DLL (hardcoded) and my best guess is that there is a bug w/ the ROM and the network here in the states, w/ the Cingular ROM or something.

My blue icon was just a 'proof-of-concept' that it could be done, I've since switched it back out for the standard one as well...it was annoying, agreed :-)

I'm basically running the 8500 DLL w/ the E/G icons replaced w/the E/G icons from the 3125 DLL.

I personally don't care about the VM notification on there, but yes, the 8500 DLL doesn't have that image, maybe if I added it (the VM icon) at the right place in the resource section of the DLL, it'd just work.

I'll try that.

FWIW, I run Dont Forget to notify me I have a missed VM, Email, etc...so I don't even look at my ext screen for that...my phone just beeps every 30 seconds until I clear it.

Also, the new BETA rom that is floating out there doesn't fix it either, a few other things are better in the BETA cingular ROM, but this goofy character is still there.

Chris