T-Mobile MDA Vario II

Guest richcbaker

Guest FragMeister
Where would be the best place to pick up a similarly discounted Vario II when they become available?

I got my MDA Compact in March 2005 from www.ukphoneshop.com for free compared to

Guest Dr Who
not too bad... not good either tho.... i though tmob would subsidise the handsets more than independant websites like this one so it'll probably be around

Guest The Doctor
I thought W&W was just an addon, so I don't think that would make a difference to the amount you pay for the handset, as shown on that site. So the TMob prices are likely to be different.

Unlike orange tmob take into account the ammount your paying for bundles into the handset price...

For example a Compact II with CP on FlexT 35 WITHOUT WnW is

Edited by The Doctor

Guest peekie
The MDA Vario II will be available from August 14, 2006 at a price of EUR 359.59 on the Relax 100 tariff on a 24-month contract

This is in germany so you can expect around the same price in the uk if you convert the euros to pounds :)

Guest musicvan
This is in germany so you can expect around the same price in the uk if you convert the euros to pounds ;)

Good grief, 24 month contracts in Germany! Faster change in technology these days but contracts appear to be getting longer, but then reduces yearly waste when people change but there is always ebay!

http://www.t-mobile-international.com/CDA/...id-4995,en.html

Emailed t-mobile several days ago asking about vario 2 but still waiting on reply, do they operate in the same way as orange ie the shops, web & telephone people do not seem to know what each other is doing! Same company but always seem to get different answers to the same questions... :)

Guest rickwookie

From that last link...

..."smart range of colors on offer - anthracite, Bordeaux and black"

So maybe the pictures we've seen showing the red keyboard are of the 'Bordeaux' version and there may actually be a choice of two other colours.

Edited by rickwookie

Guest The Doctor
From that last link...

..."smart range of colors on offer - anthracite, Bordeaux and black"

So maybe the pictures we've seen showing the red keyboard are of the 'Bordeaux' version and there may actually be a choice of two other colours.

Heres hoping!! if it is still purple or whatever then im going to get a m3100 housing from fluffcat1......

Phil

Guest Pondrew

I've priced it significantly higher then the Vario or Compact II (or for that matter the original Compact) because of the extra features it has (much the same as the MDA Pro but for the omission of a VGA screen which is even more expensive even now!).

Remember this baby packs wifi, 2meg camera, 3G including Video Calling AND HSDPA!

Guest FragMeister

Under the change to talkplans back in April time, if you go on Flext, after 6 months, they will contact you and you can change tariff if that will reduce your bills.

I spoke to a very helpful lady in their Email reply department earlier regarding what would happen if I were to get one of these on a "higher" Flext+WnW plan (eg Flext 40), and then move down to Flext 25 after the 6 months are up.

There would be no more to pay for the phone (which I was worried about due to a higher subsidy on the more expensive tariff).

I then quizzed her on the costs, for a new contract (not an upgrade).

She said that they haven't got the costs available on their screens yet, but offered to give me an indicative estimate based on another handset.

She said that Vario II has a "handset price" of

Guest The Doctor
Under the change to talkplans back in April time, if you go on Flext, after 6 months, they will contact you and you can change tariff if that will reduce your bills.

I spoke to a very helpful lady in their Email reply department earlier regarding what would happen if I were to get one of these on a "higher" Flext+WnW plan (eg Flext 40), and then move down to Flext 25 after the 6 months are up.

There would be no more to pay for the phone (which I was worried about due to a higher subsidy on the more expensive tariff).

She said that they haven't got the costs available on their screens yet, but offered to give me an indicative estimate based on another handset.

Guest FlangeArtist
I'll be quoting that one when i upgrade :) looks like i wont have to sell one of my vital organs to get one ;)

Phil

Well, I'm looking to move over from Orange to T-Mobile and get the Vario 2. Sick and tired of feeling 'ripped off' with Orange. Have been with them since 1998, and have a carp deal. You get a better deal if you are pay as you go, than if you are contract! That's loyalty for you...Anyway, rant over.

I think the price will be over

Guest Perfectionist