Vario II OUT NOW - Telesales only!

Guest Sam Handwich

Guest threedot
I had the same thing when I rang CS for an upgrade. Didnt matter this was my 3rd year with them, wanting to up my contract to spend MORE money with them, or hinting at other offers on different operators.

They didnt have a pricelist for the Vario 2 to hand, I shall be ringing telesales tomorrow morning to see what there prices are!

I'm in the same boat. 4 years I've been with them, on good tarrifs, and they wanted

Guest Snoopstah

That's OK - hopefully in a year/18 months the other providers will have decent data tariffs! :D

That's the entirety of the reason I'm switching to T-Mobile now.

Guest solarflare

So who's got theirs? Mine should be coming today but I had to come to work and they'll only deliver to my home address.. some BS about fraud prevention. Gonna have to collect it from the post office tomorrow :D

Guest FlangeArtist
So who's got theirs? Mine should be coming today but I had to come to work and they'll only deliver to my home address.. some BS about fraud prevention. Gonna have to collect it from the post office tomorrow :D

Same here! Hopefully the delivery note will be there tonight when I get back. Then tomorrow morning, I'm going to go pick it up from the sorting office. Does mean that I will be late into work, but I think that it's worth it.

I do think that it is good that they only deliver to the same address as the account holder's bank. Don't want my lovely new MDA Vario 2 being pikied ( I f'n hate pikies! ), or my bank account being abused. We do live in a pikie world nowadays (I f'n hate pikies! ).

Guest darrellr
Same here! Hopefully the delivery note will be there tonight when I get back. Then tomorrow morning, I'm going to go pick it up from the sorting office. Does mean that I will be late into work, but I think that it's worth it.

I do think that it is good that they only deliver to the same address as the account holder's bank. Don't want my lovely new MDA Vario 2 being pikied ( I f'n hate pikies! ), or my bank account being abused. We do live in a pikie world nowadays (I f'n hate pikies! ).

Count yourself lucky, I don't get back home until Friday!!!

First person to get theirs, please tell me how big the mini-SD is. Assuming one is included.

Guest jimbouk

Get your boss hooked on ppc's. As an addict, he will understand and probably give you a day off each time a new handset is launched ,just so you can play with it.

Guest cedmondson

First person to get theirs, please tell me how big the mini-SD is. Assuming one is included.

Got mine! Charging now.

The flash memory is micro-SD (mini-SD is a different standard). No micro-SD included - just a blank. How big? Somewhere between half & a third of a SIM card.

Guest darrellr

Just got a call from my Missus. It's arrived!!!

I got her to unpack it but whilst confirming it came with USB 'thingy', charger, Phone and SIM she couldn't find any sign of the micro-SD. Either it's very cunningly packaged, it's already installed or there isn't one!

Just read post above. No Micro-SD at all! How tight! :D

Edited by darrellr

Guest FlangeArtist
Get your boss hooked on ppc's. As an addict, he will understand and probably give you a day off each time a new handset is launched ,just so you can play with it.

If you read Paul's review, there is no minSD card included!

Guest jimbouk

Didn't get a microSD with O either - maybe they haven't got round to putting the Promotional content you get on an SD card with other devices from them yet?

(Editted as three of us answered it at the same time)

Edited by jimbouk

Guest gingerprince
If you read Paul's review, there is no minSD card included!

Isn't that because it uses Micro SD? :D

Bit poor that you get nothing though, do you get anything with Tytn, 3100 etc?

Wonder what happens if you get copilot too, since that comes on Mini SD so you'd need to fork out more for a Micro SD just to install it?

Fleabag - Can you help me?

What's the deal with HSDPA? I am on a W'n'W 100 plan (so at the moment I have 40mb bandwidth limit) and here's the response when I emailed T-Mobile to get HSDPA added to my account:

Hello

Thanks for your email about adding HSDPA to your account.

Unfortunately, we can't add this feature to your account as you don't have the Web'n'Walk Professional price plan.

You're currently on Web'n'Walk 100, and unfortunately Mobile Broadband 2 (HSPDA) can't be added to this plan. If you'd like to switch to the Professional package, please let me know and I'll be happy to change the plans over.

You can see more about Web'n'Walk Pro, along with the charges, by following this link http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher?menui...enPricePlan=pmt.

Thanks again for taking the time to email me about this Tim, and I'm sorry I can't help you more at the moment.

If there's anything else you'd like to ask, please reply to this email or contact us through our website.

Kind Regards

So does this mean that for my hermes phone I have to spend

Guest louisw
Got it for 69.99 on Flex 35 + WnW Pro. Should be delivered by 1 PM tomorrow.

I did not get it today. Called and they said I will get it tomorrow.

Guest mr-burns

so, i've been waiting for this device since about febuary, and then had the trauma of it coming out on orange but them not doing any decent data deals (lets not go there - I tried!)

So yesterday i'm over the moon when it finally comes out on t-mob, I ring up the 0845 4122401 number and she says they have loads in stock and that it will cost me

Guest dingy74

Just called Sales and they have told me the vario 2 is out of stock as well. Could not put me on a waiting list and gave me the number of my local store...as if that is going to help.