Asus P525

Guest zen123

Guest skontald
I use the HTC speed dial application. You can download on the xda-developers site. Works a treat.

Zen123, thank you for the reply.

I tried a solution published by some russians friends and it is working very well!

Can you post the link to the HTC speed dial application so that I can try the original one?

thanks,

srj

Guest Ingvarr
Ingvarr, thank you for the reply, but EZDial2 is not working with keyboard as well!

srj

The last beta is working with keys.

HTC SmartDial is not a stand-alone application, it originally ships only in ROM of HTC-made devices. All distribs around here made by people who extracted the needed files from ROM. There are a lot of different versions, look for one that suits you best.

Edited by Ingvarr

HTC SmartDial is not a stand-alone application, it originally ships only in ROM of HTC-made devices. All distribs around here made by people who extracted the needed files from ROM. There are a lot of different versions, look for one that suits you best.

hi all owners Asus p525 PDA phones,

please if you want, post here some camera pictures from Asus p525

I want buy this phone, but I dont see camera pictures

many thanks

regards

sloper

Guest skontald
thanks man,

Nice Photos :)

I think that Asus P525 make best photos on 2.0 Mpix phones

I totally agree! here is a B&W picture from South Of Italy!

srj

post-115695-1163011636_thumb.jpg

Guest Hookani
Hmm, it looks like it doesnt see the GPRS network for some reason. So I suppose you need to get the "G" icon before any settings can have effect...

Why it doesnt see it, I have no idea - first time I hear about this problem. Maybe your US cell operator have some standard differences in particular in GPRS implementation?

I suggest you try to do a technical inquiry using ASUS tech support site and see if its a known problem, or at least notify them it exists.

Well I figure it's just a problem with TMobile as I tried my unit with a Cingular US SIM card and everything worked perfectly, got the 'G' and was able to connect to their GPRS system. What the problem is with TMobile I do not know and nobody seems to know the answer. TMobile tells me to talk to ASUS and ASUS tells me talk to TMobile, nobody knows what to do.

One guy at ASUS thinks that maybe the unit needs some special hardware or software to work on US networks and one guy at TMoblie thinks maybe it's an authentication problem (Tmobile uses CHAP and not PAP). Not sure if any of those ideas are true since my unit works on Cingular's network and my old Imate JAM was set up with PAP authentication and it worked o.k. so I don't know what to believe.

I suspect maybe it's a registry setting somewhere that may enable the unit to pick up TMobile's network but I'm just grasping at straws since I've run out of ideas on how to get it to work with TMobile and nobody at TMobile or ASUS US or Australia can figure it out. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ho'okani

Guest skontald

Ingvarr,

did you find out how to add a T9 language to the p525? I have the dlls, what is the procedure?

thanks,

srj

Guest Ingvarr

Attached - the cab that I've made to add Russian T9 language.

You can modify it to include other languages you need.

You will need T9yourlanguageLdb.dll and T9ImeRes.Dll.yourlangcode.mui for new language.

Not all dll versions work, I've looked over several from different WM5 smartphones until I came over "proper" ones.

Also you will need to modify

"HKLM\T9 Input Method\MUI\Languages" "Available" value to include new language codes,

"HKLM\T9 Input Method\LDBs" to include new LDB with lang code

and "HKLM\MUI\Available" to include code with language description

P525T9Russian.CAB

Guest moonqsai
Well I figure it's just a problem with TMobile as I tried my unit with a Cingular US SIM card and everything worked perfectly, got the 'G' and was able to connect to their GPRS system. What the problem is with TMobile I do not know and nobody seems to know the answer. TMobile tells me to talk to ASUS and ASUS tells me talk to TMobile, nobody knows what to do.

One guy at ASUS thinks that maybe the unit needs some special hardware or software to work on US networks and one guy at TMoblie thinks maybe it's an authentication problem (Tmobile uses CHAP and not PAP). Not sure if any of those ideas are true since my unit works on Cingular's network and my old Imate JAM was set up with PAP authentication and it worked o.k. so I don't know what to believe.

I suspect maybe it's a registry setting somewhere that may enable the unit to pick up TMobile's network but I'm just grasping at straws since I've run out of ideas on how to get it to work with TMobile and nobody at TMobile or ASUS US or Australia can figure it out. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ho'okani

I am currently using P525 in US too, I can grap gprs in some area only, this is weird. I am sure all settings are fine since I can conncet to it (if G is present), but whenever the G is not shown, there is a triangle thing instead...do you have that too?

Guest Hookani

I am currently using P525 in US too, I can grap gprs in some area only, this is weird. I am sure all settings are fine since I can conncet to it (if G is present), but whenever the G is not shown, there is a triangle thing instead...do you have that too?

Yes, I get the triangle also. I don't get the 'G' at all but I'm in Hawai'i so I can only go so far to see if it's different in other areas. It does work fine on the Cingular network though.

Ho'okani

Guest moonqsai
Yes, I get the triangle also. I don't get the 'G' at all but I'm in Hawai'i so I can only go so far to see if it's different in other areas. It does work fine on the Cingular network though.

Ho'okani

I think what happening to you, is excatly what happening to me, you are right, Cingular is work perfectly fine on this phone, G all the time and anywhere, but TMo..for some reason..is not really working on this particular phone, and I know the sim card is getting G on another phone, so...I am totally lost now..~~~ I just call TMo again to see if they are able to do anything or at least to let me know what is the problem, but i got cut off twice...m*f*er....

i have been using my P525 for few days now. Some question,

1. selecting CPU to turbo will drain my battery faster?

2. why some time when I capture picture "Capture abort" message appear?

Guest Hookani
I think what happening to you, is excatly what happening to me, you are right, Cingular is work perfectly fine on this phone, G all the time and anywhere, but TMo..for some reason..is not really working on this particular phone, and I know the sim card is getting G on another phone, so...I am totally lost now..~~~ I just call TMo again to see if they are able to do anything or at least to let me know what is the problem, but i got cut off twice...m*f*er....

I've been back and forth with TMo three times and got elevated to the last level of tech service but no one seems to know what the problem is. I'll say that they did try all kinds of things and did their best to try and help, but being that it is not a TMo branded phone there isn't much more they could've done. Also been thru ASUS support with no luck either. It's probably something simple like a registry entry or something but no one knows. Need to find a TMobile techie to figure this one out. Let me know if you get anywhere with this.

Ho'okani

My long search for compatible chager for the P525 has ended thanks guys on another forum. For those who need another charger for whatever reason here's what is compatible with the Asus P525.

1/ Official Motorola V3 charger - I bought 2 off ebay for less than £10, one for home & one for work.

2/ Blackberry usb travel charger - the version with the mini usb connection & worldwide multi pin adapters great for travelling. I bought this because I travel to Asia frequently & with its multi pin adapters & usb cable attachment I can use it to charger all my other gadgets aswell. Again off ebay for £12.

3/ Blackberry car cigarette charger - obviously to use in the the car ebay £10

Guest Ingvarr

the G is not shown, there is a triangle thing instead

I think, you should start by inquiring (in ASUS support?), what exactly does this "triangle thing" icon mean. Its an information icon, so it must mean something. And without GPRS coverage there are no icon at all, so it must be something else I guess?

Maybe it will give leads about the whole problem.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jackleung
My long search for compatible chager for the P525 has ended thanks guys on another forum. For those who need another charger for whatever reason here's what is compatible with the Asus P525.

1/ Official Motorola V3 charger - I bought 2 off ebay for less than £10, one for home & one for work.

2/ Blackberry usb travel charger - the version with the mini usb connection & worldwide multi pin adapters great for travelling. I bought this because I travel to Asia frequently & with its multi pin adapters & usb cable attachment I can use it to charger all my other gadgets aswell. Again off ebay for £12.

Zen, you probably missed my post in page 1. The charger will work as long as the D+ and D- are short.

Guest lspatricio
... T9 works in all the applications on the phone anyway so I'll stick to that...

Whenever i'm browing using Pocket Internet Explorer, T9 is disabled (or just numbers are active). Hence, i cannot use it to input username/password/messages i'm posting. instead i have to use the SIP. :)

I was just surprised you mentioned that T9 works for you in "all applications". Is there any tweak or upgrade i should do so i can use T9 when using PIE?

Thanks...

Whenever i'm browing using Pocket Internet Explorer, T9 is disabled (or just numbers are active). Hence, i cannot use it to input username/password/messages i'm posting. instead i have to use the SIP. :)

I was just surprised you mentioned that T9 works for you in "all applications". Is there any tweak or upgrade i should do so i can use T9 when using PIE?

Thanks...

Yeah your right T9 doesn't work when using PIE. My bad.

Guest Ingvarr

T9 works only in text controls that support IME input. Unfortunately, a lot of ones without it.

I am currently developing an input method that will work everywhere where soft keyboard does.

Just putting finishing touches to it, and will publish it soon.

First version will be a simple multitap-like behavior, but I plan to add a Letterwise predictive input in the future.

Guest starkman

Hello all

I'd like to ask you, when you say "Blackberry car cigarette charger" you mean all the available Blackberry car chargers?

I'm asking because on ebay I can see various (different?) car chargers for Blackberry... such as 7130c 7130g 7130v - Blackberry 8100 pearl 8703v - 7100i 7100t 7100v 7100x 7105t - 7730 7750 7780 and even more... :)

Are they all using the same car charger?

Cause I do not know which one of these someone would choose for the P525

thanx in advance

Guest starkman
Hello all

I'd like to ask you, when you say "Blackberry car cigarette charger" you mean all the available Blackberry car chargers?

I'm asking because on ebay I can see various (different?) car chargers for Blackberry... such as 7130c 7130g 7130v - Blackberry 8100 pearl 8703v - 7100i 7100t 7100v 7100x 7105t - 7730 7750 7780 and even more... :D

Are they all using the same car charger?

Cause I do not know which one of these someone would choose for the P525

thanx in advance

Anyone who can reply to that question ? :)

And something else

I have ordered a unit with serial number starting from 6AA... as the online shop told me.

Should I go through and buy it? Or is it not a good serial number....

Is 6AAxxxx supposed to be a newer model than the ones that had the problems (66, 67, etc)?

I actually asked them if the unit serial # is 68 and above and they told it is 6AAxxxx

thanx in advance

Guest Hookani

Anyone using a WEP200 headset with the P525? Don't know if it's a problem with the headset or P525, but when I answer a call by pressing the answer button on the WEP200, the phone will sometimes put the call on hold after a second or two after answering the call. Anyone else experience this?

Thanks,

Ho'okani