The 'my first post' topic [merged]

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Confucious

Hello, my name is Neil and I'm an alcoholic Blast, wrong form, I'd beter start again

Hello, my name is Neil and this is my first post Blast again, it's NOT my first post

Well I guess I'd beter just say welcome one and all - they're a friendly bunch here and lots of them know lots of things. They'll answer your questions no matter how stupid you think they are - God knows I've asked some pretty stupid ones myself and I've neverv been flamed or put down, people just help.

If you have queries relating to a specific device it's best to post in the device specific areas as that's where you'll find people with experience of your specific device otherwice either the SmartPhone or PocketPC help and advice sections are good places to start, but don't worry about getting it wrong, no one will give you any grief and someone will always try and help. Like I say they are a friendly, helpful bunch here, so ENJOY!

Guest chucky.egg
They'll answer your questions no matter how stupid you think they are

I assume you mean They'll answer your questions no matter how stupid you think the questions are

Guest Confucious
I assume you mean They'll answer your questions no matter how stupid you think the questions are

Thank's for the clarification, that is, of course, what I meant. Although in my case...

Hi everyone,

22, unemployed musician from PA, near Philadelphia. Until now, I was a modaco virgin; er, actually I guess I've been on the receiving end, but not.. um, never mind. You know what I mean. ;)

Peace

Guest gamesbond

Hi All,

This is my first post ;) and just to introduce myself, I am in London, UK. User of a MDA Pro from T-Mobile. and now looking to move to O2 so I can get my hands on the new XDA Orbit :D

i unlocked my mda Pro successfully. Does any one know if the XDA Orbit can be unlocked ?

Many thanks.

Guest Pondrew

Hello all. Great to hear from some of the longer serving lurkers ;)

Anyone for gossip about new devices coming to O2 in the UK? Because I've just been told by O2 Business that the release of the XDA Graphite, XDA Trion, and XDA Zinc are all imminent and that the XDA Argon won't be far behind. Wahoo!

Meanwhile, hope to catch you all again on the board soon. :D

Guest chraos

Hey all,

I'm Chraos (that's chaos with a bit o' Chris in the mix). I'm a phone/gadget addict from Canada, living in the United States (yes... I know). I have had many the HTC device in my day, not to mention the countless Motos, Sanyos, Samsungs, even an LG a few years back. Oh yes, and the piece of junk Audiovox 8600. I'll never forget it. I'm fairly current on all things Windows Mobile (and Windows in general) so feel free to send me a PM if you have questions. I'll do my best!

Cheers,

Chraos

(Chris Andrews)

Guest dbrad

I'm Dave in Los Angeles on my 2nd smartphone- a cingular 2125. 1st post- I'm very frustrated to find that having upgraded from Activsync 4.1 to 4.5, I can no longer use my phone to synchronize my outlook calendar and contacts on my work desktop with my home desktop- it threatens to wipe out all these items in the phone if I want to set up a relationship with the updated computer. Should I proceed or go back to the earlier version of ActiveSync? Any guidance would be much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mobilelifer

Lo ;)

Loooong time lurker here and mobiholics just never got round to registering so thought I had better.  Used Windows Mobile for PPC and smartphone in the past and other smartphone O/S.

Will probably be more of a lurker than a poster as most if not all my questions seem to been answered several times over heh.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest anthony3k

new here!! not new to my phone but just starting to get intimate if you will...lol. we've been together for about 8 months so decided to take the next step. I have been trying to see how far she is willing to go and I think with the help of friends here at MoDaCo, together we can get her to go all the way!! her name is cingular 2125...hope to open her up with all the goods you offer here on this site! any help will be great since she is a little timid...thanks

AJ

• 1 month later...
Guest skrabbins

Hello! And thanks to everyone here. I made my first post just now, and I joined in 2004! Long time lurker I know, but it's kind of a compliment to the site, when in certain aspects almost every question I have seems to have been answered already, so all I need do is look, and search, and the answer is there for me...so, in essence, thanks, everyone - keep posting!

Guest Menneisyys2

Hi all, hope this message gets through (in the Smartphone Games category, where I posted some stuff in reply to Masterall's three emulators, they didn't.)

Guest Menneisyys2

Hi all, hope this message gets through (in the Smartphone Games category, where I posted some stuff in reply to Masterall's three emulators, they didn't.)

• 2 months later...
Guest truscotsman72

Umm, this is my 3rd post, but only because I posted elsewhere before I found this thread :)

34, medically retired guy from Glasgow, Scotland. As Im unable to work Im a major gadget freak and mobiles and PDA's are easily in that list. Upgrading soon from a SE W800i to..... well im torn between a Symbian device or a Windows device. I have posted other threads in the beginners section and in the lounge. I hope you can help me:D especially with the upgrade question in the lounge (why did you choose t-mobile over orange)

Oh and hi!!! :P

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

I have got titps from your site not for ages, so I thought it rude of me not to join! Ive recently brought a mint SPV E100- dont laugh- Its Deja Vous for me, as I had one of the first ones Orange launched on their business customers- I actually liked it- hence playing with an old phone. I cannot get the certificate inhibit lifted- Ive tried through Orange, but sending all the stuff though SPVDEVELEOPERS returns nothing. Iv tried simlock2- now its sim-free- great, but that wasnt my intention!!!

Can anyone help a sad old man out??

Thanks PatjM

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Looking for somewhere to make your first post?

Want to just post something introducing yourself?

This is the place :(

P

I dont really know how to post a new post - just know how to reply :s

• 1 month later...
Guest whatmeworry

Hi, been loitering for a while and made a couple of posts so I thought I'd take the time to introduce myself.

My name's Olly and I live in the UK just outside Brighton. I'm the proud owner of a Vario 3 so spend most of my time in the Kaiser forum. The Vario is my 2nd experience of windows mobiles and I'm extremely pleased with it (helped by some of the tips I've picked up here). My first PPC was a XDA Exec which I had no end of trouble with and ended up getting rid of (reverting to my Treo 650 which I still have a big soft spot for - in fact if Palm ever get round to releasing a new version of their OS I may well defect back).

Aside from that I'm married with a son on the way (in March, can't wait). Love gadgets, games (DS, Wii, 360) and movies (action and horror mostly but I'll watch anything. Also a bit of an amateur photographer.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Just wanted to say hello... I've been a long-time lurker but finally decided to take the plunge and register :D

Currently I'm running a Samsung SGH-i600 on O2 but am soon going to get a Web and Walk+ usb modem from T-mobile to use with incoming eee :-))))

OK signing off for now, see y'all around MDC :)

D

Edited by dawmdt