Samsung SGH-i600 -Firmware Updates here!!!

Guest humaxnet

Guest do3in
I'm using a branded locked Romanian Orange somasung i600 too. Did you have to first CID and aplication unlock the phone or did you do

�the upgrade without unlocking it? I've tried the different methods an it failed

every time. I thought that Vista was the problem and tried on XP and same problem, while in Bootloader mode, fails.

please help.

Prima oara am flashuit cu XXGD1 version. Am urmat exact instructiunile de la postul 286.

Guest wmfreak
Prima oara am flashuit cu XXGD1 version. Am urmat exact instructiunile de la postul 286.

Tot nu mi-ai raspuns la intrebare. a trebuit sa decodezi telefonul intai sau ai facut xxgd1 upgrade direct? eu am tot incercat si "fail"

scrie-mi te rog pe gbandxxl2gmail.com ca tare as vrea sa rezolv o data problema asta. G

Guest wmfreak

sau da-mi un nr de telefon si te sun sa afli cum ai facut, G

Guest wmfreak
I'm using a branded locked Romanian Orange somasung i600 too. Did you have to first CID and aplication unlock the phone or did you do

�the upgrade without unlocking it? I've tried the different methods an it failed 

every time. I thought that Vista was the problem and tried on XP and same problem, while in Bootloader mode, fails.

please help.

thai is the message i get when i try to upgrade on vista :

[startDownload => 0] StartDownload !!

[PDA] Connect and Power-on the Device.

[PDA-0]Driver Opened.

[PDA]Read Wait. = [0]

[PDA]Read Done. = [0]

[PDA]Wrong Response From Device. DEV=[0]

Guest wmfreak
I'm using a branded locked Romanian Orange somasung i600 too. Did you have to first CID and aplication unlock the phone or did you do

�the upgrade without unlocking it? I've tried the different methods an it failed 

please help.

anybody?

Guest wmfreak
You need to download to wm5 first.

Done iT!!!!!!!!!! sweet!

There were however some misleading suggestions in some prior post, so I decided to describe my experience.

After installing te modem driver (must be in XP SP2 no Vista) disabled connections through USB from antive sync connections settings and most important end the process called "wescom.exe" or something like that from task manager processes. Now with the phone connected, active sync killed click on 

he i600XXGD1_REV15.exe and let it run for about 5 sec. 

Now put the phone in bootloder mode and WOW it works. It will take

Edited by wmfreak

• 2 weeks later...
Guest santoshpanduga

Hi,

I want to try the Rom upgrade on my Samsung SGH-i600. Could you please send me the instructions or file to do it automatically.

Thanks for the help in advance!!!

Regards,

Santosh Panduga

Guest santoshpanduga
Done iT!!!!!!!!!! sweet!

There were however some misleading suggestions in some prior post, so I decided to describe my experience.

After installing te modem driver (must be in XP SP2 no Vista) disabled connections through USB from antive sync connections settings and most important end the process called "wescom.exe" or something like that from task manager processes. Now with the phone connected, active sync killed click on

he i600XXGD1_REV15.exe and let it run for about 5 sec.

Now put the phone in bootloder mode and WOW it works. It will take�

a few minutes to flash the rom. What really scared me was that

for some reason it couldn't download the phone part of the rom so I just stood there for�

a while watching the countdown

with no results. Well I took out the battery and guess what everythi

g was good, it acctually upgraded the rom with no problems.

Now to go to WM6 get the 90MB official one (find it on rapidshare). change your phone region (from administrative settings) to Nederlands in order for the upgrade to accept your phone. how? here:- type on phone *#1546792*# (or run hidden program in WindowsAdminSettings.exe) to get to admin settings menu

- chose option "Preconfiguration"

- type password: *#81230*#

- select country: Netherlands

- select operator: Vodafone

Conect your phone through active sync and upgrade, it will take a while be pacient, it will reboot a few times too.

when is done switch to the language of your choice through the method mentioned above.

BTW my phone was Orange Branded and Locked and it worked!!! Sweet cardwheel and no more branding.

hope it works for you if not I'd be happy to assist as others have done for me! I have all the necessary files.

G

Hi,

I am able to update to Windows Mobile 6, but the office part (Word, Excel....) are missing.

Did I do something worng?

Please assist me.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Santosh

Guest wmfreak
Hi,

I am able to update to Windows Mobile 6, but the office part (Word, Excel....) are missing.

Did I do something worng?

Please assist me.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Santosh

Unfortunately the WM6 standard doesn't come with any office application. Samsung supplied Pixel Viewer with I600 which I hate. I would go for: Documents to go, free fileshare, awesome!

G

Guest info.shayan

hi i flashed my i600 to i607

my phone crashed ,

when i press RSK + camera key + power on on boot mode

this show me

*USB downloader - at&t

and computer does n't detect the phone

what should i do please help me

Guest scandalous

I just upgraded my i600 Asia version to WM06 without any problems. Fortunately I still got the card wheel after upgrading. Dont know why but I'm happy1

Guest k_o_t_s
"Does this version also have dutch language? "

In menu settings >regional settings > language , there is: Duch, Svenska,Norsk,Nederlands,Dansk,Espanol,US English,Russky,Suomi,Francais,Portugal,UK English,Italiano,Greece(?)

Good news - after chose Nederlands and reset i600, the language is change also.

"And what is the windows ver if you look under info in settings?"

PDA version: i600XXGC6

Phone version: i600PMGC5

Eboot version: i600XXGC6

OS 5.1.525 (buil 15363.3.4.3)

Radio Version i600PMGC5

RIL Version 2.002

why Greece is with ''?''. I am from Greece and i would like to know if greek language is included

Edited by k_o_t_s

• 1 month later...
Guest k_o_t_s

my i600 is already XXGD1 version. Do i pass by the whole fisrt step? Do i pass by anything more than the first step?

Edited by k_o_t_s

• 1 month later...
Guest Raybiez

I have upgraded my i600 (I600JCGE1) to I600UXXGG2. I did this after asking Samsung South Africa whether an upgrade to Windows Mobile 6 will be made available here. Their response was "never".

But now they did release an upgrade now. Is it possible to replace the ROM on my phone with this new ROM?

Guest X-Ray A4T

I did the same but why bother? The only difference is that it will have GPRS/3G settings for Vodacom/MTN/CellC which is simple enough to enter manually and if a new firmware ever comes out again it will take the same 12 months for a SA version to come out.

I have upgraded my i600 (I600JCGE1) to I600UXXGG2. I did this after asking Samsung South Africa whether an upgrade to Windows Mobile 6 will be made available here. Their response was "never".

But now they did release an upgrade now. Is it possible to replace the ROM on my phone with this new ROM?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jmra82
Yes its the rapidshare link in wiki, its really simple, i was also really afraid of turning my phone into a brick, first u install the modem givin with XXGD1, then u turn off ur phone and plug it in, ( make sure u turned off ActiveSync (CTRL+ALT+DEL, then kill WCESCOMM.EXE process)) then u open the uploader, turn on ur phone in downloader mode ( power+RSK+other RSK) once the phone is ready, click start!

For the WM6, just follw panateo's instructions and i think all the links are for the same file, but i installed it without a prob whatsoever

The rar file from the rapidshare link is protected by a password, how can i get the password? there's a txt file but that too is protected....HELP PLEASE!!!!

Guest callumogrady

for all the Aussies:

I had a Vodafone i600

I did all the steps and upgraded to

European WM5-Firmware i600XXGD1 "No-Brand"[1]

then after using it for a while ( its wayyy better with no branding )

I did the full upgrade to WM6

European WM6-Firmware i600UXXGG2 "No-Brand"[2]

Works great and WLM is amazing!

all those worried about bricking and what not just upgrade its sooooo easy and I'm a noob

if you need any help pm me

• 5 weeks later...

Does anybody know where i can get the i600JCGC4 firmware for the SGH-i600 ? Im from South Africa and upgraded to the European version. As mentioned above they have now released WM6 for South Africa and I need to flash with old firmware in order to upgrade to the South African version of WM6. I am on MTN and find my Internet connectivity is very unstable since I have upgraded to the European firmware with WM6. I wanna see if I go back to old firmware and the South African release of WM6 whether it is more stable.

Come one someone must have i600JCGC4 lying around somewhere.. pleeaaaaaase :-)

• 1 month later...
How to make proper upgrade my i600 device to WM6Standard

1) First, you need to upgrade i600 to XXGD1 version

- download XXGD1 update, unpack file i600XXGD1_REV15.exe

- if it's your first upgrade, you should install samsung modem driver

- connect usb cable to PC, ActiveSync must find device,

- go to options and disable: usb connection

i can´t find the option to disable usb connection...

what do i do?

there is one option were i have to choose between active sync or mass storage...is there it?

do i choose mass storage?

Edited by zeka16

Guest Mysterious Stranger
i can´t find the option to disable usb connection...

what do i do?

there is one option were i have to choose between active sync or mass storage...is there it?

do i choose mass storage?

Disable it within activesync on your computer. Read the instructions that come with the file!!!!

M.S

Disable it within activesync on your computer. Read the instructions that come with the file!!!!

M.S

i thought it was an option on the i600...my bad...

Edited by zeka16

How to make proper upgrade my i600 device to WM6Standard

II. Changing phone version to Netherlands (panateo method discovered)

- type on phone *#1546792*# (or run hidden program in WindowsAdminSettings.exe) to get to admin settings menu

- chose option "Preconfiguration"

- type password: *#81230*#

- select country: Netherlands

- select operator: Vodafone

Done, phone will reset.

on my current i600BBGA2 I can't find the option "Preconfiguration" after typing *#1546792*#...

is this option only available on i600XXGD1 or am I looking on the wrong place?

PS: sorry about the double post...

Edited by zeka16