Official de-cert problem sorted! Update 11

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.

Guest awarner [MVP]

Unfortunately that application is not legal, it was stolen leaked from Orange

so linking here or in PM is not allowed.

If Audiovox make a ROM update they will probably revoke this application so it will not work. This is what Orange did for E200,C500.

Guest Raven001

Okay, well I contacted Orange directly and they sent me the following:

Hello,  

I have attached a Security Level Setting application targeted specifically for your phone with IMEI  

################

Please unzip this application, connect your phone to your PC, and run the application on your PC.  It should install a "Security Level" application on your phone's Start menu.

Run the Security Level application, select the desired security level, and press Action.  This should set the security level on your device, allowing you to run applications on the device.

If this fails please check that the IMEI you supplied to us is correct and respond to this email with the correct IMEI or detailing at which stage the failure occurred.

A High Security Level corresponds to the security set by factory defaults.  

A Low Disabled Level corresponds to the security set by the web-based Certificate Security Disabling procedure (formerly called Unlocking).

Once you set the Certificate Security Level to Disabled, you can use the instructions contained within the following article to do privileged application development on your phone:

A Practical Guide to the Smartphone Application Security and Code Signing Model for Developers  

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....us/dnsmtphn2k3/

html/smartphone_security.asp

<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnsmtphn2k3

/html/smartphone_security.asp>  

Kind regards,  

Olivier

Orange Partner Programme  

Will the program work if I try it on my SMT5600? Or is it orange-only, somehow?

Guest awarner [MVP]

It will be designed for the Orange ROM but there is no hard giving it a go as the securities will be similar.

As it has also been written for your IMEI if it works it will do so only for your phone and no others.

Hope it works :)

Guest kisskissbangbang

ok this seemed like the ideal place to get some advice.

i havent had my phone for very long and was eager to install more games into said phone which was fair enough. i never wanted to do a hard reset as apparently you lose things from your mobile so i app-unlocked my spv using the orange developers site as in the one posted above and it worked fine so i installed boxy pocket, blocks and bubbles. that was fine until a few days ago when my phone crashed.....turned it back on and tried to play bubbles and it said the game never had a valid security certificate! so i went to the orange site and tried to unlock it again and it never worked! does anyone know whats happened and could they maybe help me? much appreciated!

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Strange. I would suggest looking for a solution like following the whole unlocking' procedure proposed in the developer's site. Eventually you may have to write them an e-mail in order to obtain an unlocking'app designed for your IMEI.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

been trying for the last couple of day's to de-cert my phone through the orange developer web site and it ain't working!! used link before and worked fine but not now. has the link changed or is there another way to de-cert phone?

done a hard reset on phone and desperate to get de-cert done so i can put all my software back on

It's still the only way, but the Orange computers are having difficulties right now  :roll:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

your were right stu, its orange again, took me nearly 2 days to get it to work - god bless orange :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

I am also having trouble de-certing my E100. I live in Spain and I have done the orange web process several times but nothing happens.

Any other solution?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ciudatelu

Thanks so much everyone!!!!!!!!!!!! I've finally did it! My C500 is de-certed and I can install any homescreen I want!! YEEEY!!

Thanks again, guys, so so so much!

Edit: After a couple of days, my phone started to go nuts... i had to reboot it every 2-3 hours or so... so i've did a hard reset and i won't decert it again :D

Edited by ciudatelu

• 1 month later...
Guest jcodous

Hi all, and thanks. While I had major problems, Orange ultimately sorted it out with one of their phone-specific security level applications. Calvin and Hobbs are now marauding around my homescreen. :-)

If anyone is having problems still, I'd suggest dropping them an email as they were pretty prompt at sorting my phone out. Now all we need is for them to release the application builder that they use!

Jon

Guest scottishdave

Tried contacting them the other day and still no reply.

Has anybody got the email address for them, I can't remember it off the top of my head.

Guest RoVal1972
Thanks so much everyone!!!!!!!!!!!! I've finally did it! My C500 is de-certed and I can install any homescreen I want!! YEEEY!!

Thanks again, guys, so so so much!

Edit: After a couple of days, my phone started to go nuts... i had to reboot it every 2-3 hours or so... so i've did a hard reset and i won't decert it again :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Ciudatelu' !

So the de-cert of the phone is not recommended ?!?

Thanks !

V.

Guest Disco Stu

Unlocking the phone doesn't make the it unstable. It is what you do to it afterwards that can cause problems.

In my experience the only way to crash the phone is by either;

1. running down the battery

2. using up the phone memory

3. editing the registry badly

4. installing the wrong software

or 5. not taking care to correctly install the right software.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest simon211175

last week my phone did a hard reset on it's own, which I was not too happy about. Now I can't de-cert it and am waiting to hear back from Orange after emailing them twice.

Apart from losing all my settings, the hardreset also made my alarm go off without fail every morning regardless of whether it's set to OFF or ON ;)

Guest simon211175

@disco - feel free to refer me to your post. My point was that regardless of what caused the phone to crash (incidentally I have not installed anything on my phone for several weeks, the battery was 3/4 charged, the memory was not all in use, the only registry editing I do is when I create a theme and I hadn't put any on for several weeks - which I believe also covers points 4 and 5) - my phone performed a hard reset off it's own back and caused my phone to need decerting again and now the alarm can't be switched off.

Guest BigLee1

Hi, I have been trying without success to de-cert my phone. I am in the UK and on Orange. I followed all suggestions listed here after diligently reading all posts. After approx 30 times of trying all i get is the " Your IMEI number isn't recognised" page. I have resorted to e-mailing the Dev email addy so hopefully i will here from them soon.

All i really want to do is apply some of the funky homescreens available. So while i am waiting are there any digitally signed homescreens out there that i can use with my non de-cert'd phone?

Any suggestions would be welcomed. ;)

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Send an email request to [email protected]

State that you have problems with the OTA method. Provide name, mobile device, mobile number, IMEI

Wait for their reply. Got my Security Certificate Disabling tool weeks ago. ;)

Guest simon211175

the email address given on the decert pages isn't a great one to use. I've tried twice now and had no response. I've just resent to the one listed by pzee above, and I hope I have more luck there.