Paul Reviews.... the HTC TyTN II (Kaiser)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest frydryce
Here's a pic of the back (rubberised!) showing dust on the camera. Below is a picture of the back removed, so you can see why - dust gets between the camera on the device itself and the clear plastic on the back cover. Easily cleaned, but a little bit of a pain (pic taken about a day after it's last clean, and I'm not in a particularly dusty environment.)

P

01-Aug-2007_dustycam2.jpg

it looks as if you added a thin rubber grommet to better seal the back to the camera surround, you could reduce the amount of dust that could find its way between the lens and the phone back.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Just been to France + Belgium, stocked up on the way back :)

P

Was I the only person to notice that Paul's "home office" seems particularly well stocked with booze? :P

Guest Paul (MVP)
it looks as if you added a thin rubber grommet to better seal the back to the camera surround, you could reduce the amount of dust that could find its way between the lens and the phone back.

Yeah, I thought that, might have to try it :)

P

Guest Goinnowhere

This is my first post but i read everyday this topic several times... i love this device, and i cant wait anymore !

Woo, over 100,000 reads of this topic :D

P

thank you Paul.

Just been to France + Belgium, stocked up on the way back

P

If u come to Paris...:)

I'm about to cry seeing your pics ! ;)

(excuse me for my bad english level)... bye :P

Guest bugeyes
It's all personal opinion of course but...

1. the touch

2. the kaiser

3. the vario 2

4. the trinity

cheers paul a personal opinion is exactly what I was after!

and following on from your problems with dust I feel that in the contruction industry where I work as a sparky I don't think that a device that lets in dust would be suitable! so I did what I allways do and bought last years tech! the vario two.

so approximately two weeks from now the kaiser will be available! sods law works out every time! lol

thanks again paul!

Bugs

Guest Paul (MVP)

Yeah, I meant to post earlier I did the fix... and it played worse in those than in WMP itself (trying all the various options too).

Bummer!

P

Guest mikeeey
Any pic requests while i'm in a pic taking mood? :)

P

if you mean pictures taken with the kaiser's camera, then, some close up pics of anything, whether it be some sort of jewelry your wife owns or anything you think would look cool close up.

Guest mikeeey
Couple of low light pics if you've got the time please Paul :)

ah yes these pics would be nice too. for we've only seen that 1 low-light picture. maybe some pictures at night. showing normal mode, and night mode.

Yeah, I meant to post earlier I did the fix... and it played worse in those than in WMP itself (trying all the various options too).

Bummer!

P

that sucks, looks like youl just have to have wmp recognize wmv files and tcpmp recognizes the rest.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Here's 3 sets of EXTREMELY low light pictures. Not just low light, REALLY low light.

In each set, the first is taken in 'Auto' mode, the second in 'Night' mode.

P

PS Yes, there's a bug in this build which puts photos in the wrong orientation :)

post-1-1186004045_thumb.jpg post-1-1186004071_thumb.jpg post-1-1186004084_thumb.jpg post-1-1186004101_thumb.jpg post-1-1186004118_thumb.jpg post-1-1186004139_thumb.jpg

Guest mikeeey

kinda hard to tell how "low" of light your talkin, when these pictures seem pretty bright already. you think when it's dark outside you could shoot some night pics?

Guest mikeeey
That'd be somewhat pointless... where I live it is pitch black outside at night. :)

P

lol ah ok.

what about so close up pics of anything? small items maybe?

Guest xricex

Hey I was just wondering if there is any new news about the release date for the kaiser... since theres many many dates being put out.. and also do phones come out in hong kong at the same time as in the uk?

Guest mikeeey
Hey I was just wondering if there is any new news about the release date for the kaiser... since theres many many dates being put out.. and also do phones come out in hong kong at the same time as in the uk?

well it depends which version of the phone your talking about. FCC made it sound like the US version will probably be a mid septamber release, and the htc version will probably be a little before that.

Guest Syphon Filter

Paul,

Have you found any quirks that you think fall into the same category as the issues that were seen on the TyTN when that was first released?

Guest Fasten
well it depends which version of the phone your talking about. FCC made it sound like the US version will probably be a mid septamber release, and the htc version will probably be a little before that.

I've read this now several times: What's the "HTC" version of the phone? Is HTC selling it to end consumers or is this going through shops but no via telco's (so it's the same as unbranded or unlocked)??

Edited by Fasten

Guest Paul (MVP)
Paul,

Have you found any quirks that you think fall into the same category as the issues that were seen on the TyTN when that was first released?

I'd say the release TyTN had some pretty significant issues, whereas there's nothing of that type on the P4550 really IMHO.

P

Guest Paul (MVP)

The P4550 is the HTC own branded SIM free version, it will also be sold thru carriers.

P

I've read this now several times: What's the "HTC" version of the phone? Is HTC selling it to end consumers or is this going through shops but no via telco's (so it's the same as unbranded or unlocked)??

Guest Paul (MVP)

Not quite the same effect...

P

post-1-1186046972_thumb.jpg

o and also this may sound weird, but can you take a picture of the water comming down from a shower? if you have the right camera it looks so cool!

look at these 2 pics from bengalboy.com. it was taken with the Sony Erickson K790i:

i wanna know if the kaiser can capture individual droplets of water.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Thought you guys might like to see 'Worldcard Mobile' in action on the P4550, this is schweet (made using Jing and Pocket Controller, which sadly doesn't capture the actual camera in action) :)

P

Guest Syphon Filter
Thought you guys might like to see 'Worldcard Mobile' in action on the P4550, this is schweet (made using Jing and Pocket Controller, which sadly doesn't capture the actual camera in action) :)

P

That is very cool. Good application for OCR technology. Useful for storing numbers after you pick up hundreds of cards at a trade show or conference!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.