The 'I got my Vario III' thread

Guest rickyburke

Just tried to order one - new contract - and there is apparently no stock ;) will try tomorrow…

also, pricing offered:

12m Flex 25 - £209

12m Flex 35 - £159

Edited by kiwi_m

FOllowing my post earlier today and seeing the vast range of deal going i twigged that the guy on the phone was so chatty we did not acually dicuss the cost of the phone... oopps

Back on the phone i go... only to find out....

1) Am still on Flex 35

2) I still have Web 'n' Walk Plus

3) Phone was free

What a result. No change to my monthly contract with a new phone.

Was this a 12 or 18 month contract?

Guest FloatingFatMan

How on earth are some of you guys getting such cheap deals?

I just called them, and on Flext 35 WnW 18 month contract, they wanted £69.99 for the phone. ;)

Guest blackice-original

I just called them, and on Flext 35 WnW 18 month contract, they wanted £69.99 for the phone. ;)

It depends on who you speak to at t-mobile

did they have stock?

It depends on who you speak to at t-mobile

That is true... i spoke to a guy about 18:00 yesterday asking if they were in and he said no.

I then found this site with some people saying they have ordered them

Today i was advised yes they are in.

I belive they are on commision so are able to adjust the cost of the phones etc as long as they get an average asking price.

If your not happy hang up and call back.

Guest jharvey00

Called again, and again received a price of £280, even though am on Flex35 + WnW (with 25%) discount.

No budging on the price - classic "computer says no" response.

Does it matter how many times you keep calling? This is the second time I've got that ridculous price - if I didn't want the handset so badly I'd terminate my contract. Damn T-Mobile.

Called again, and again received a price of £280, even though am on Flex35 + WnW (with 25%) discount.

Does it matter how many times you keep calling? This is the second time I've got that ridculous price - if I didn't want the handset so badly I'd terminate my contract. Damn T-Mobile.

Have they just realised that they've completely screwed up the pricing today? I really couldn't believe it was £100 on Flex 35 WnW. On the website it said it would cost £300 to upgrade to the Vario 2!

Guest Howard Moon

£280 on Flex35 + WnW (with 25%) discount! And I thought £100 was too much. So am I right in thinking that for Flex35 + WnW (with 25% discount) the price has varied from £50 (creamcrackered) to £280 (jharvey00)?

Guest blackice-original

Just keep calling and try resellers like carphonewarehouse because they will offer an extra discount

I was quoted £179 for Flext 20 + W&W and £100 for Flext 25 + W&W, both on 18 month contracts. I was on the old Relax 200 + text plan which had recently expired, and am hardly a heavy user. I'm not sure what the rep who quoted you THAT price was smoking.

got stock again... but still 12m flext 25 W&W - 209, flext 12m 35 W&W 159..... can't decide if too expensive!!

You'd expect to pay £60-£100 more for a 12 month over an 18 month.

Guest TomaHawk

so for anyone who has ordered 12m w&w flext25. how much did they pay?

also if you get a n 18t month contract can you still upgrade after 12months? or do you have to wieght for 18?

gonna phone in a min i think.

does anyone know if you have to give a pac number when you first open it or can you do it like a week or 2 later?

Guest Phil Lee
got stock again... but still 12m flext 25 W&W - 209, flext 12m 35 W&W 159..... can't decide if too expensive!!

If you look at the first example, 12 months of Flext25 + W&W would cost £330 at the current discounted rate of £27.50 per month. This makes the total cost of ownership £539 over 12 months or £44.91 per month. I took out an 18 month Flext25 + W&W and paid £100 for the Vario III. The total cost of ownership for my phone is £595 over 18 months or £33.05 per month.

Edited by Phil Lee

so for anyone who has ordered 12m w&w flext25. how much did they pay?

also if you get a n 18t month contract can you still upgrade after 12months? or do you have to wieght for 18?

gonna phone in a min i think.

does anyone know if you have to give a pac number when you first open it or can you do it like a week or 2 later?

Yes to your PAC question. When I moved from Orange last June the TMobile you get is temporary and then you go through their PAC automated process anytime afterwards to port your number.

18 Month question - No! This is the issue I have got. My 18 month contract not due to end till Feb 2008. I've already got a quote though to terminate it - around £100. So, if you think you'll change your phone often, take the 12 months as you can upgrade after 11 months, instead of after 17 months!

thats what i paid this morning, seems to be the going rate for 18 month new contract on flext 35 + WnW

Guest Howard Moon

Just tried again... was quoted the same... £100 for 18 month Flext 35 (25% discount) with WnW. He wasn't budging as he knows it's just been released and in demand. He said there were 20 left in stock...

I got mine for £100 Flext 25 WnW 18mnt, if i went up to Flext35 they could have done it for £80, but I never go over my usage (mainly use WnW) so didnt think it was worth it as the £20 would even itself out in 2 months (e.g. Flext25WnW £32.50p/m and Flext35WnW £42.50p/m = £10 diff) and on an18 month contract you cant DROP your tariff for the first 11 months!

I'm happy with my deal, was expecting to pay about £100.

Just ordered mine:

- Flext 35 (free weekend calls, £180 of credit to use a month)

- Web Max (total monthly price: £52.20 with Flext35)

- £49.99 for phone

- Brand New customer - 18 month plan

Ordered on 27/09 at 17:00. Will have phone tomorrow morning (28/09).

I was previously with Orange with average bills circa £80/month. Their big loss for not getting their back of house together: no knowledge of a SPV M3100 replacement and tried to get me onto a N95 instead.

When will Orange get their act together? Silly - they only need to fix simple communication processes. The business case would pay for itself within a week.

O.

Edited by oliie

Guest rickyburke
Just ordered mine:

- Flext 35 (free weekend calls, £180 of credit to use a month)

- Web Max (total monthly price: £52.20 with Flext35)

- £49.99 for phone

- Brand New customer - 18 month plan

I was previously with Orange with average bills circa £80/month. Their big loss for not getting their back of house together: no knowledge of a SPV M3100 replacement and tried to get me onto a N95 instead.

When will Orange get their act together? Silly - they only need to fix simple communication processes. The business case would pay for itself within a week.

O.

You are my twin! Same Tariff, same Webnwalk max, same price paid, same monthly bill with Orange!!!! I figure I'll never use the entire £180 allocation. so im saving myself at least £20 a month. ;)

Edited by rickyburke