How to change Shadow's Neo Theme

Guest kwoodall

Guest bluefrequency

This is just a note, focused on the web/links on the left. (the default options are 4 fold: MS portable IE, T-zones ringers, T-zones background, My Account).

The registry entries for these are in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\CHome\CLinks.

• the Iconpaths key includes the path to the active image (highlighted, 1st), the inactive image (unhighlighted, 3rd, and something else).

• the Pages key includes which pages, and in what order, the pages are displayed.

in each page subkey, e.g. Page5 or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\CHome\CLinks\Page5

[*]
ACTIONURL is what happens when you press enter, in the following format: "program; [website]". ex. ":MSPIE; google.com" = MS portable IE, opening google.com

[*]
the GUID is the same across all the Page keys- just copy and paste

[*]
PICTURES is the image link- i used .png s and dropped them in the \windows\ directory. theoretically, you could change the repository and/or size, I haven't tried. nor have I tried other formats.

[*]
SK2TEXT is the right soft button text (e.g. "gmail")

[*]
SK2URL is the right softbutton action, following the ACTIONURL format: e.g. ":MSPIE;gmail.com" to open gmail.

[*]
TEXT1 is the bold, main text (I'm pretty sure, double check it) (ex. "Google")

[*]
TEXT2 is something else, don't ask me, i don't know

[*]
TITLETEXT is the small text above the big- format "text [a/b]", where text is the value of TITLETEXT, and a is the index of

Guest mesallem

Can someone make me a cab file to match the guava bubbles color scheme on the shadow, i really like that color...also does anyone know how to add a custom color scheme? is it possible?

Guest hamsuplo

Here's something I made as I got sick of the default theme. :( Feel free to download the zip if you like what you see. I'm only zipped up the background images and color scheme to keep the zip small. If you like the icons, you can download the iCandy iconsets from iconaholic.com. Just unzip the PNGs to the \Windows folder and the XML to \Application Data\Home folder. :D

post-27335-1196221079_thumb.png

post-27335-1196221090_thumb.png

post-27335-1196221099_thumb.png

post-27335-1196221107_thumb.png

post-27335-1196221116_thumb.png

post-27335-1196221124_thumb.png

post-27335-1196221132_thumb.png

post-27335-1196221139_thumb.png

files.zip

Edited by hamsuplo

Guest MetalSlug
Here's something I made as I got sick of the default theme. :( Feel free to download the zip if you like what you see. I'm only zipped up the background images and color scheme to keep the zip small. If you like the icons, you can download the iCandy iconsets from iconaholic.com. Just unzip the PNGs to the \Windows folder and the XML to \Application Data\Home folder. :D

I love it, great work.

looks nice. question, where did you get the blue scheme .xml file? i have basehueexpress but it doesnt have black or grey. any help appreciated.

Edited by zordox

Guest hamsuplo
looks nice. question, where did you get the blue scheme .xml file? i have basehueexpress but it doesnt have black or grey. any help appreciated.

I created the XML myself. If you are looking for black/gray, just open the XML in notepad and edit with the appropriate color, something like #000000. Hope that helps. :(

Edited by hamsuplo

Guest hamsuplo

Thanks Paul and MetalSlug! Glad you enjoy it. :( Still messing around with the neo theme so the files I posted may not be as clean as I want it to be. If I do clean it up some more, I'll post them. :D

Does anyone know how to change the Comm Manager background? I think this is the only part that I can seem to change. TIA!

Guest kwoodall

Very nice work! You've really pulled everything together well, thematically and graphically.

As for your question about Comm Manager. I've found that it's background is stored within the program itself, as is the case with My Faves, and a few other programs. You CAN change these, I just don't think it's a good idea necessarily since you'll have to use a resource editor to change these items.

Kermit Woodall

Managing Editor

GadgetNutz.com

Guest hamsuplo
Very nice work! You've really pulled everything together well, thematically and graphically.

As for your question about Comm Manager. I've found that it's background is stored within the program itself, as is the case with My Faves, and a few other programs. You CAN change these, I just don't think it's a good idea necessarily since you'll have to use a resource editor to change these items.

Kermit Woodall

Managing Editor

GadgetNutz.com

Hi Kermit,

Thanks for the compliments! That's what I figured regarding the Comm Manager. :D It's probably in the DLL files. Might have to throw them in ResHacker to see what I can change. :(

Guest llowwelll

Argg! Okay, I went through and changed the hue on all of the files in the first post to make them a nice dark blue and then copied them back over to the Windows folder. When I changed the home screen, the background is now white and doesn't show any of the selections available under Settings, or Pictures, or Messages, etc. The left side and top are blue, but the main screen is pure white. What did I do wrong??

PS: I'm very much a newbie in the world of smartphone customization.

Edited by llowwelll

I've enjoyed testing out all this stuff and slightly tweaking the layout of my phone, but how do i change the color of the start button area. i never have had any issues copying the files back over to the phone, but i can't get the color to change from the brown/gold. anyone got any suggestions, which file is it that i need to change the color?

Edited by psbell

Guest Archian

Click menu while running BaseHueExpress. It has a greyscale.

Click menu while running BaseHueExpress. It has a greyscale.

Thank you, guess i forgot to go to step 2, next question: is it possible to change the color of the "highlighted" background when in the start menu? what i mean is the program that is infocus or "hovered" over has a brown/tan backgroun, can that be adjusted?

Guest MetalSlug
That files.zip seems to be missing a bunch of files?

P

Yeah, I just made a CAB to install those files and it looks good but there is still some traces of the old color scheme.

Any chance on getting the rest of the files. (besides the icons)

Guest hamsuplo

I just double checked the zip and it looks like all the basic files are there. Only thing I can think of that could still be brown is the textglow image, which I have attached on this post. It's basically a complete transparent image as I thought the text glow didn't look good even on the original theme. Please note that the files I posted are just for the home screen. I haven't done much anywhere else (ie, start menu background, in-call background, etc.) If I do, I'll definitely post them.

If there are other traces of brown that I am not aware of, let me know or post a screenshot.

post-27335-1196307440_thumb.png

Guest MetalSlug
I just double checked the zip and it looks like all the basic files are there. Only thing I can think of that could still be brown is the textglow image, which I have attached on this post. It's basically a complete transparent image as I thought the text glow didn't look good even on the original theme. Please note that the files I posted are just for the home screen. I haven't done much anywhere else (ie, start menu background, in-call background, etc.) If I do, I'll definitely post them.

If there are other traces of brown that I am not aware of, let me know or post a screenshot.

I have been messing around with .CABs, would you mind if I put your theme into a CAB? I did it for myself, Icons and all, but its not quite finished. All credit goes to you for the theme of course.