Replacing the t-zones menu with a web and application favourites menu

Guest PaulOBrien

Yeah guys your icons look great. Is there anyway I can get a few main icons. Not for the left side icons but the main page icons. I need one for

IE

File Explorer

The Settings Folder

Games (I like the little green joystick. Do you have a big version?)

Thanks

In order to simplify people lives (who don't want to do a lot of registry changes), I put together a cab file that extends the Intenet Menu and add an additional Menu.

1- This cab file modify the existing "Internet Menu" and adds Weather, News, OperaMini Links to it.

2- Creates an additional Menu with links to Google Maps, Traffic, Movies (TCPMP), Calculator, SmartPhone Notes and YouTube (vtap)

Note: It assumes that you have those applications installed in your "Storage Card"

My phone is already customized so I can't test it. I'm looking for volunteers to test it.

You can download it from here: http://freddyreyes.com/index.php?option=co...info&id=156

post-140306-1198181594_thumb.jpg

post-140306-1198181601_thumb.jpg

post-140306-1198181611_thumb.jpg

post-140306-1198181619_thumb.jpg

post-140306-1198181625_thumb.jpg

post-140306-1198181632_thumb.jpg

post-140306-1198181637_thumb.jpg

Here's how to turn the CLinks menu to a cheap photo dialer.

So for each page, change the picture to point to a photo and change the action link to:

tel:17775551212

When you click it, it will dial that number. You can also change the right-softkey button to launch another number, so for a specific contact, you can have a way to dial two numbers, like Mobile and Home.

You can also use the tel: syntax in shortcuts:

15#tel:17775551212

In case you're wondering, with wm shortcuts, the number before the # counts how many characters are after the #. No idea if it's important for that to be correct since the shortcut still works if the number is incorrect.

Now, if would be nice if there were an application to easier add/remove/update your photo contacts or search the call log and populate the pages with your most frequently called people. For the photos, it can just look for a matching .jpg or use a generic one if not present.

Just created a cab file with the basic "Template". You need to update the registry with your own values: phone numbers, pictures, etc.

You can download it from here: http://freddyreyes.com/index.php?option=co...info&id=164

Each contact will have a default photo and the numbers +555-555-1234 for cellphone and home.

After installation you need to go to HKLM\Security\cHome\CLinks3\Page"n" (1-5) and edit each value with your own data: links to your own pictures, numbers, etc.

Guest trickinit
Yeah guys your icons look great. Is there anyway I can get a few main icons. Not for the left side icons but the main page icons. I need one for

IE

File Explorer

The Settings Folder

Games (I like the little green joystick. Do you have a big version?)

Thanks

That's awesome! What would I need to change since I have all those programs installed on my device?

I'm confused on what to place in these two lines

ACTIONURL

SK2URL

Say if I wanna open IE to Google What would go in these two? Or if I wanna make another page for the Calc, One for Games folder, One for settings folder, and one for file explorer. What would be the text I need to input in thos two for each of those things?

Guest Jaeger2600

Okay, so after adding Google Maps and Opera Mini to my "Internet" menu, I was trying to change the t-zones graphic in the neomenu to a generic globe graphic. Well, I changed HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\cHome\CLinks:ICONPATHS to "\Program Files\internet.png" and now the "Internet" menu is gone. Oops.

Can someone help me out with the original value for that key so I can get back on the road here?

Thanks!

Edited by Jaeger2600

Guest trickinit
Okay, so after adding Google Maps and Opera Mini to my "Internet" menu, I was trying to change the t-zones graphic in the neomenu to a generic globe graphic. Well, I changed HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\cHome\CLinks:ICONPATHS to "\Program Files\internet.png" and now the "Internet" menu is gone. Oops.

Can someone help me out with the original value for that key so I can get back on the road here?

Thanks!

In order to change the icon, you have to actually create two different versions of it: a regular one, and a grayed out one. The registry key actually requires that you include the file path for three different icons, but the second one doesn't seem to have a use..? Anyway, just edit the first and the last one, and make sure to include all three files in the registry key in the following format. Good luck! :(

\CHome_links_sat_active.png;\CHome_links_sat_inactive.png;\CHome_links_desat_inactive.png

Guest gorbett
In order to change the icon, you have to actually create two different versions of it: a regular one, and a grayed out one. The registry key actually requires that you include the file path for three different icons, but the second one doesn't seem to have a use..? Anyway, just edit the first and the last one, and make sure to include all three files in the registry key in the following format. Good luck! :(

\CHome_links_sat_active.png;\CHome_links_sat_inactive.png;\CHome_links_desat_inactive.png

i am trying to change the ICONPATHS reg key but keep getting "error setting registry information" in soti's pocket controller pro's registry editor. i am just wondering if this is a problem with soti's app and i should look for a different registry editor or something with the permissions of the key.

anyone see this too?

Guest Jaeger2600

Thanks. I ended up searching the registry for another instance of "iconpaths" and found the syntax. Of course, it also pointed me to the files I needed to change, once I finally figured out that Windows was running out of the--you guessed it--"windows" directory.

OK I think I have most of it figured out now. But is it possible to open folders? Like if I want a link to the games folder?

:( nevermind I figured it out. You can just use file explorer to open the folder for you. like this

\windows\fexplore.exe; \windows\start menu\games

That opens directly to my games folder. SWEET!

Edited by jmoak

Guest Lucky 13

Can anyone give me advice on how to add an extra menu? I have have tried many things but still have not been able to do it any help would be much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
That all I know, though if anyone has a working faded of the MS IE icon to use instead of the faded T-Mob hotspot one, I would love it.

Here's what I'm using... It's the same globe that's posted earlier but I removed the reflection since i'm using it on the left menu. I'm using the star for a second favorites menu for my favorite contacts... and I have the contacts photos trimed like the last image.

post-302590-1199829478_thumb.png

post-302590-1199829489_thumb.png

post-302590-1199829499_thumb.png

post-302590-1199829507_thumb.png

post-302590-1199829521_thumb.png

Edited by Guest

I have tried that and it didnt work for me. I dont mind messing with the registry I just dont know what to do.

The latest version (1.05) fixes all those issues and bugs.

Guest TehJuancho
Just created a cab file with the basic "Template". You need to update the registry with your own values: phone numbers, pictures, etc.

You can download it from here: http://freddyreyes.com/index.php?option=co...info&id=164

Each contact will have a default photo and the numbers +555-555-1234 for cellphone and home.

After installation you need to go to HKLM\Security\cHome\CLinks3\Page"n" (1-5) and edit each value with your own data: links to your own pictures, numbers, etc.

loving the idea!!!

got it working no problem, thanks so much!!! one question tho, when i press the middle button, it doesnt directly call the number...

it sends me to a page that says "verify the number is correct" below is the number, it does give me the option to press the left soft key to call, but it wud be nice if it called directly when u press the middle button from the home screen

...is it supposed to work like this, or did i mess up somewhere??

loving the idea!!!

got it working no problem, thanks so much!!! one question tho, when i press the middle button, it doesnt directly call the number...

it sends me to a page that says "verify the number is correct" below is the number, it does give me the option to press the left soft key to call, but it wud be nice if it called directly when u press the middle button from the home screen

...is it supposed to work like this, or did i mess up somewhere??

Mine does the same. I tried to put '15#tel:17735551212' as that post said it was for shortcuts, but I would get an error. It would be nice to not have to confirm the number

Guest badbob001
Mine does the same. I tried to put '15#tel:17735551212' as that post said it was for shortcuts, but I would get an error. It would be nice to not have to confirm the number

The limitations of this method is the confirmation screen and that certain characters such as * and maybe # are not allowed, which prevents you from using some gsm commands. You just need to find an alternative dialer program that takes a phone number as a parameter. I did a quick search and found VJDialer (http://www.vijay555.com/?Releases:VJPhoneTools), but I don't know if it works on smartphones. Give it a try. :)

Guest TehJuancho
The limitations of this method is the confirmation screen and that certain characters such as * and maybe # are not allowed, which prevents you from using some gsm commands. You just need to find an alternative dialer program that takes a phone number as a parameter. I did a quick search and found VJDialer (http://www.vijay555.com/?Releases:VJPhoneTools), but I don't know if it works on smartphones. Give it a try. :)

gave it a try, it doesnt seem to work, as it seems to be a ppc only, doesnt even allow me to install it...

unfortunate, i liked the idea...

gave it a try, it doesnt seem to work, as it seems to be a ppc only, doesnt even allow me to install it...

unfortunate, i liked the idea...

Using VJDialer I was able to make it work. Now you can just press "Select" to call any of your contacts. I put together a new cab file that installs VJDialer, Copy "Shortcut" files for your contacts and create the required registry entries.

After installation you need to go to HKLM\Security\cHome\CLinks3\Page(1-5) and edit each value with your own Pictures.

E.g. Under HKLM\Security\cHome\CLinks3\Page1, change "PICTURES" value from "\windows\CHome_Contact.png" to "\Storage Card\My Documents\Contacts\Lisa.jpg". Repeat the same procedure for Page2 and so on.

Go to \Storage Card\Program Files\Shadow Photo Dialer on your phone.

You will see 10 files with the name Dial_Contact(1-5)m.lnk (Mobile) and Dial_Contact(1-5)h.lnk (Home)

Using Total Comander you will need to modify the contact information for each of your contacts.

E.g. Dial_Contact1m.lnk should have something like 34#"\Storage Card\Program Files\Shadow Photo Dialer\VJDialer.exe" +555-555-1234. Just replace +555-555-1234 with the contact mobile number

Soft reset your phone and the new menu should appear.

Guest TehJuancho
Using VJDialer I was able to make it work. Now you can just press "Select" to call any of your contacts. I put together a new cab file that installs VJDialer, Copy "Shortcut" files for your contacts and create the required registry entries.

After installation you need to go to HKLM\Security\cHome\CLinks3\Page(1-5) and edit each value with your own Pictures.

E.g. Under HKLM\Security\cHome\CLinks3\Page1, change "PICTURES" value from "\windows\CHome_Contact.png" to "\Storage Card\My Documents\Contacts\Lisa.jpg". Repeat the same procedure for Page2 and so on.

Go to \Storage Card\Program Files\Shadow Photo Dialer on your phone.

You will see 10 files with the name Dial_Contact(1-5)m.lnk (Mobile) and Dial_Contact(1-5)h.lnk (Home)

Using Total Comander you will need to modify the contact information for each of your contacts.

E.g. Dial_Contact1m.lnk should have something like 34#"\Storage Card\Program Files\Shadow Photo Dialer\VJDialer.exe" +555-555-1234. Just replace +555-555-1234 with the contact mobile number

Soft reset your phone and the new menu should appear.

awsomeness, thank you so much, works like a charm :)